New Delhi, Delhi, India
This Diwali, Baidu India initiated a green campaign encouraging people to light lamps (diya) instead of firecrackers to curb air pollution. #DUItRight was a successful week-long social media campaign (7th November to 13th November) which was run on Twitter and Facebook. This campaign spread awareness about the harmful effects of pollution created by burning crackers during Diwali and encouraged people to celebrate a green Diwali. Participants were asked to share a picture/video of them lighting a Diya on their social profiles using the hashtag #DUItRight and pledge to celebrate a cracker free Diwali and nominate three other friends to do the same. Baidu India had promised to plant a tree for every entry to acknowledge and reward the efforts of the people participating in this initiative. As a result, people from across the country stood up for the cause and participated, taking pledges to not burn crackers and celebrate a pollution free Diwali. The campaign received an overwhelming response with over 1000 entries supporting the Baidu plantation drive.
Keeping up to their word, Baidu conducted the plantation drive for the #DUItRight campaign on Saturday, December 5, 2015 at Govt. Girls Middle School, Village Ghasera, Nuh (Gurgaon to Nuh Alwar Road). The tree planting activity witnessed huge participation from school children who represented their desire for education and the hope for a better future. The activity was not just about creating awareness on the environment, but also spreading happiness. Baidu India would also like to thank everyone for their participation and for taking a step further for a greener & cleaner India. We would like to thank everyone for participating in the plantation drive and sowing a seed for a green future with their own hands.
Baidu has previously advocated other environmental causes in India and worldwide. DU Battery Saver, one of Baidu’s most popular Android apps outside of China, enables smartphone users to conserve electricity by charging their devices less frequently. According to data from the product developers, DU Battery Saver can cumulatively save over 59,000 KWh of electricity every day across all of its users worldwide, which is equivalent to the amount of power consumed by roughly 20,000 households in India. In 2014, DU Battery Saver partnered with the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) to raise awareness of Earth Hour, the world’s largest grassroots environmental movement organized by WWF. Let’s make sure that our concern for the environment doesn’t only show up once in a year. So let’s continue planting!
Baidu, Inc. is the leading Chinese language Internet search provider. As a technology-based media company, Baidu aims to provide the best and most equitable way for people to find what they’re looking for. In addition to serving individual Internet search users, Baidu provides an effective platform for businesses to reach potential customers. Baidu’s ADSs trade on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol “BIDU”. Currently, ten ADSs represent one Class A ordinary share.
- Launch of Life Skills Program - 15 December, 2017
- American India Foundation (AIF) and Coca-Cola India Launches ‘SMS Mission Recycling’ to Sensitize School Children on Waste Management and Recycling - 15 December, 2017
- Aster Celebrates 30 Years of Quality Healthcare with a Year of Giving Back Initiatives - 15 December, 2017
- Curtain Raised for the 3rd Edition of Siddha Kiddathon - 9 December, 2017
- Mayors of Bengaluru and London Come Together to Help Cities across India and Worldwide Tackle Toxic Air Pollution - 6 December, 2017
- HelpMeSee to Demonstrate Eye Surgical Simulator at Comprehensive Cataract Conference 2017 - 22 November, 2017
- Kellogg India Pvt Ltd amongst Top 100 Best Companies for Women in India - 20 November, 2017
- Jagriti Sewa Sansthan and Coca-Cola India Announce the Winners of the Sustainable Enterprise Awards 2017 - 17 November, 2017
- Gleneagles Global Hospitals Hosts an Art Competition on Children’s Day to Increase Lung Cancer Awareness - 17 November, 2017
- ITC Limited – Hotels Division Conferred the 2017 Greenbuild Leadership Award by the U.S. Green Building Council for its Commitment to the Green Building Movement in India - 12 November, 2017