New Delhi, Delhi, India
This Diwali, Baidu India initiated a green campaign encouraging people to light lamps (diya) instead of firecrackers to curb air pollution. #DUItRight was a successful week-long social media campaign (7th November to 13th November) which was run on Twitter and Facebook. This campaign spread awareness about the harmful effects of pollution created by burning crackers during Diwali and encouraged people to celebrate a green Diwali. Participants were asked to share a picture/video of them lighting a Diya on their social profiles using the hashtag #DUItRight and pledge to celebrate a cracker free Diwali and nominate three other friends to do the same. Baidu India had promised to plant a tree for every entry to acknowledge and reward the efforts of the people participating in this initiative. As a result, people from across the country stood up for the cause and participated, taking pledges to not burn crackers and celebrate a pollution free Diwali. The campaign received an overwhelming response with over 1000 entries supporting the Baidu plantation drive.
Keeping up to their word, Baidu conducted the plantation drive for the #DUItRight campaign on Saturday, December 5, 2015 at Govt. Girls Middle School, Village Ghasera, Nuh (Gurgaon to Nuh Alwar Road). The tree planting activity witnessed huge participation from school children who represented their desire for education and the hope for a better future. The activity was not just about creating awareness on the environment, but also spreading happiness. Baidu India would also like to thank everyone for their participation and for taking a step further for a greener & cleaner India. We would like to thank everyone for participating in the plantation drive and sowing a seed for a green future with their own hands.
Baidu has previously advocated other environmental causes in India and worldwide. DU Battery Saver, one of Baidu’s most popular Android apps outside of China, enables smartphone users to conserve electricity by charging their devices less frequently. According to data from the product developers, DU Battery Saver can cumulatively save over 59,000 KWh of electricity every day across all of its users worldwide, which is equivalent to the amount of power consumed by roughly 20,000 households in India. In 2014, DU Battery Saver partnered with the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) to raise awareness of Earth Hour, the world’s largest grassroots environmental movement organized by WWF. Let’s make sure that our concern for the environment doesn’t only show up once in a year. So let’s continue planting!
Baidu, Inc. is the leading Chinese language Internet search provider. As a technology-based media company, Baidu aims to provide the best and most equitable way for people to find what they’re looking for. In addition to serving individual Internet search users, Baidu provides an effective platform for businesses to reach potential customers. Baidu’s ADSs trade on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol “BIDU”. Currently, ten ADSs represent one Class A ordinary share.
- ofo, the World’s Largest Bicycle Sharing Platform, Contributes to Urban Mobility in Pune’s Magarpatta City - 9 March, 2018
- Dr. Madhu Chitkara Honoured with NIVEDITA Award for Service towards Women Empowerment on Account of International Women’s Day - 9 March, 2018
- Merck Launches their Merck Foundation and Mark International Women’s Day with First Lady of Niger - 9 March, 2018
- Plan India, Delegation of the European Union and Embassy of Finland Celebrate International Women’s Day 2018 in India under the Theme Economic Empowerment of Women - 7 March, 2018
- Merck Foundation Join Hands with the First Lady of The Gambia to Empower Infertile Women across Africa - 24 February, 2018
- Merck Foundation and Uganda Ministry of Health Continue their Support for the Heroines of ‘Merck More Than a Mother’ - 19 February, 2018
- Reverse Logistics Group Launches Clean to Green Campaign to Promote Responsible e-waste Recycling in India - 13 February, 2018
- UAE Exchange India Won Innov and Eminent Award 2017 for CSR - 23 January, 2018
- TechnipFMC in India Sponsors Jaipur Foot Camps in Partnership with the Rotary Club - 17 January, 2018
- NCCF Co-develops India’s Forest Management Certification Standard in Association with Ministries, Forest Departments, Industry and NGOs - 17 January, 2018