Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Embassy Group, India’s leading real estate developer hosted the third edition of Embassy Pedal for the Planet, yesterday. Held at Embassy Springs, a 300 acre integrated development which is a perfect harmony between pristine natural & luxurious urban living, the individuals came together in a grueling race of speed and endurance, to encourage cycling towards a cleaner, greener planet.
This edition of Embassy Pedal for the Planet garnered tremendous response from the public who are passionate about cycling and want to do their bit for the environment. The enthusiastic participants rose early on Sunday, August 28, to participate in one or more of the three planned categories of the Embassy Pedal for the Planet. It was an intensely competitive race and a spirited event that saw overwhelming participation by sports enthusiasts and amateur athletes. The Pro Elite category race had the maximum number of participations with cyclists vying for the top honor.
Every edition of Embassy Pedal for the Planet event is aimed at supporting the education of government school children in the city. The registration fee collected will be donated to the NGO, Colors of Life that works with the Embassy Group education initiative to support 4000 children across 15 government schools in the city.
Jitu Virwani, Chairman and Managing Director, Embassy Group, “We are delighted to have received encouraging response for this edition of Embassy Pedal for the Planet. We are extremely happy with the turnout and the enthusiasm of the participants. This initiative underscores Embassy’s commitment to sustainability and green living and its extension of our commitment to encourage cycling enthusiasts to interact and share common interests. We are looking forward to surpass this year’s record participation and making the next edition an even more larger one.”
There were 10 race categories with a route distance of 40 km for the ProElite Race, 25 km for the Amateur Race, 25 km for the Team Race and a Fun Ride of 15 km, 6 km and 1 km which was open to all the participants.
Craig Raynes won the Pro Elite Men’s 40 km race category, followed by runner up Naveen while the Pro Elite Women’s Race saw Vicki Nicholson come first and Hana Trhonova in the second place. The Open Race 15k category saw Prashant finishing first followed by Pavan Kumar. The 6k category had Aryan Singh secure the first place while Abhijit Shreyas stood second. Abhay Bapat secured the first position in the open 1k category Race followed by Shriya S at the second place. The 25k Men’s Category saw Phanibushan in the first position while Anantha secured the second position. In the women’s category, we had Kshma at the first place and Hashi Roy stood second. The mixed category had Team Nirav and Meer secure the first place while Team Sebastian and Kim came in second.
The Men’s Team Race saw a close finish with team Pranjit Hemant and Umesha K winning first place, followed by Shanunak and Anand in the second position.
The CXO Category saw T Ashok, Founder and CEO, STAG Software Pvt Ltd in the first position followed by Michael Cohen, Vice President – Projects, Embassy Group and Mike Holland, CEO, Embassy Office Parks in the second and third position.
There were exclusive cash prizes given to the winners and runners up of all of these races, ranging from Rs 6,000 to Rs 25,000.
About Embassy Group
Embassy Group is one of the leading property developers in India with a track record of close to three decades in real estate development. Embassy has an extensive land bank across the country and has developed over 37 million sq. ft. of prime commercial, residential and retail space in India as well as Malaysia and Serbia. Embassy’s portfolio of real estate developments spans the commercial, residential, retail and hospitality segments of the real estate industry. While the commercial real estate business includes the development of business parks for the IT/ITES sector, SEZs and corporate office space. Embassy’s ongoing residential projects include luxury apartments, villas and integrated townships. Embassy’s residential projects are also designed to obtain IGBC Green Homes gold ratings as part of the efforts towards creating sustainable developments. More information at www.embassyindia.com
- Dinesh Shahra Foundation Conducts Special Health Checkup Camp for Cattle - 3 August, 2017
- Shri Uddhav Thackeray Does Ground Breaking Ceremony of Grand Central Park, Thane - 1 August, 2017
- Mr. Soumitro Chakraborty – CEO, Fiinovation Awarded ‘Most Admired Leader for CSR & Sustainability 2017’ - 21 July, 2017
- VIBGYOR High Model United Nations 2017 Debates the Crucial Issue of Climate Change - 3 July, 2017
- Women in Rural India Register Dramatic Gains in Nutrition, Food Security - 28 June, 2017
- Wipro, First Book Bring New Books to Indianapolis Area Kids in Need - 22 June, 2017
- Snapdeal Ties Up with The National Book Trust, India - 20 June, 2017
- ITC Limited Wins the Prestigious Porter Prize 2017 in Two Categories – Excellence in Corporate Governance and Integration and Creating Shared Value - 26 May, 2017
- Microfinance Organization Grameen Koota has received the ISC-FICCI 2017 Award for Best Financial Accessibility for Sanitation - 28 April, 2017
- UN Global Compact Kicks Off Annual Conference in New Delhi, with More than 300 Global Business and Civil Society Leaders - 27 April, 2017