Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Biocon Academy, a CSR initiative of Asia’s leading biotechnology company, has announced the introduction of a new and unique program in Quality Control Microbiology (QCMB) in collaboration with the Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS) Pilani. The exclusive program is designed to enhance the knowledge and skills of aspiring microbiologists, pharmacy, and biotech graduates. The partnership envisions to accelerate learning in the fast-growing field of microbiology and enhance the employability prospects of students in biosciences. The program is designed to offer experiential learning by combining the real world insights with class room learning on various aspects of Microbiology through an intensive curriculum delivered by a renowned faculty of BITS Pilani and Biocon Academy.
The admissions are open now till 15th Feb, 2016, and the course will commence from next month at Bengaluru. To kick start your career in microbiology, visit http://bit.ly/1RTrqoL
Commenting on the program, Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, Chief Mentor, Biocon Academy said, “We are glad to partner with BITS Pilani in the journey of enabling the right skill-sets, competencies and efficiency of bioscience professionals in the field of Microbiology. We hope this collaboration and the QCMB program benefits the biotech ecosystem.”
The 8-week intensive Quality Control Microbiology program consists of live experiments at the state-of-the-art Quality Control Labs of Biocon to further accentuate the learning of the students. The module covers various aspects like Fundamentals of Microbiology, Quality Control, Environmental Monitoring, Microbial Enumeration, Sterility Testing, Bacterial Endotoxin Testing, Isolator Systems and Rapid Methods in Quality Control Microbiology.
The program is also open for experienced professionals in the world of biosciences who are passionate and eager to enhance their skillsets & knowledge in the field of Quality Control in Microbiology.
Eligibility : Ideally meant for science and pharmacy graduates specialized in microbiology and experienced professionals too.
Total number of seats : 15
Duration of the Program : 08 Weeks
Faculty : Renowned faculty of BITS Pilani and Subject matter experts from Biocon.
Curriculum : The 8-week intensive Quality Control Microbiology program consists of classroom learning, mentorship by experts and live experiments at the state-of-the-art Research and Quality Control Labs of Biocon.
Pedagogy : Labs-led / Learning by doing methodology
Biocon Academy, a centre of excellence in advanced Biosciences Learning is a CSR initiative of Biocon aimed at developing high-end talent for the Indian biotech industry. It has been set up as a learning initiative to address the skill deficit in the industry. The Academy aims at enhancing the employability of bioscience graduates by providing them advanced training. It has been instrumental in shaping careers of aspiring biotech graduates while bridging industry-academia gap. For more information, follow http://bit.ly/1RTrqoL
Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
The Birla Institute of Technology & Science, BITS Pilani is an all-India Institute for higher education. The primary motive of BITS is to train young men and women able and eager to create and put into action such ideas, methods, techniques and information.
- Ambuja Cement’s Skill Development Initiative Collaborates With DDU-GKY - 23 July, 2018
- United Way Mumbai and Coca-Cola India Join Hands to Organize Beach Clean-up Drives Under ‘Clean Shores Mumbai’ Initiative - 27 June, 2018
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation hosts panel discussion on ‘Making Markets work for the Poor’ - 21 June, 2018
- Dosti Realty Spreads Awareness Through Their Tree Plantation Drive at Dosti West County - 7 June, 2018
- Siddha Group Launches World Environment Day Initiative in Association With Kolkata Municipal Corporation - 7 June, 2018
- Tata Starbucks Reinforces Its Commitment to Sustainability - 5 June, 2018
- GEF Capital Partners to Be the Catalyst for ESDS’ Growth Ambitions - 5 June, 2018
- USISPF Launches CEO Water Alliance - 5 June, 2018
- Social Entrepreneurs Amar and Payal Tulsiyan, Co-Founders of Menstrual Hygiene Awareness Initiative the Niine Movement, Receive Partners in Health Award at FOGSI International Women’s Health Summit - 4 June, 2018
- Sanjib Datta Takes Over as Managing Director of Mahanagar Gas Limited - 4 June, 2018