Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
The Consortium for Affordable Medical Technologies (CAMTech) at Massachusetts General Hospital Global Health in partnership with InnAccel hosted the CAMTech INDIA Entrepreneur Bootcamp last week in Bengaluru.
Supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Bacca Foundation and Omidyar Network, CAMTech INDIA is a public-private partnership committed to driving medical technology innovation to improve reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) in India.
The three-day intensive Bootcamp brought together 50 engineers, product designers, entrepreneurs and clinicians to help turn their innovations into commercially viable, market-ready, medical products. “There is such an exciting pipeline of innovations to improve health for mothers and children in India. The Entrepreneur Bootcamp is an essential way that we can meet the needs of Medtech innovators to make their promise a reality,” Elizabeth Bailey, CAMTech’s Director, said.
Since its inception in 2014, CAMTech INDIA has supported nearly 1,000 innovators from across the country to address pressing clinical challenges in RMNCH.
The event in Bengaluru opened with keynote speeches from Dr. Renu Swarup, Advisor, Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, and Managing Director of Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC); and Dr. V M Vamadeva, Director, Directorate of Health and Family Welfare Services, Government of Karnataka. Dr. Swarup stressed on the need for more events like the Bootcamp to accommodate the growing cadre of health innovators across India, and Dr. Vamadeva talked about the importance of innovation in driving down maternal and newborn mortality rates, and cited work in Karnataka.
Siraj Dhanani, Founder and CEO at InnAccel, India’s first Medtech accelerator based in Bengaluru, said: “InnAccel is excited to be part of this consortium where we can leverage our expertise in medtech innovation. By supporting these entrepreneurs, we march toward a healthier India through locally developed products.”
The Entrepreneur Bootcamp assembled key opinion leaders and experts to mentor innovators on a wide variety of topics including clinical needs specification, RMNCH rural perspectives, design and engineering of new products, stakeholder analysis, go-to-market and commercialization, business models, clinical trials and evaluation, and financing early-stage ventures.
To view presentations, featured speakers and panelists and more information from the Bootcamp, visit the event website: http://www.massgeneralcenterforglobalhealth.org/camtech/india-boot-camp/
About The Consortium for Affordable Medical Technologies (CAMTech)
The Consortium for Affordable Medical Technologies (CAMTech) exists to build entrepreneurial capacity and accelerate medical technology innovation to improve health outcomes in low- and middle-income countries. CAMTech’s approach enables co-creation, where innovators across public health, engineering, and business engage with end-users to develop disruptive medical technologies to achieve widespread public health impact. CAMTech’s initiatives, including its newly launched CAMTech Innovation Platform and CAMTech Accelerator Program, help connect and support a global community of innovators working to improve health in developing and emerging markets. For more information about CAMTech, visit http://www.massgeneralcenterforglobalhealth.org/camtech/.
InnAccel is India’s first medical technology acceleration company focused on innovation for low and mid-income markets. InnAccel has built a proprietary innovation platform, and forged partnerships with national and global entities, to support startups and entrepreneurs. They are led by an experienced management team and advised by industry leading experts. Their mission is to provide a world-class technology acceleration platform to startups developing innovative medical devices and diagnostics for India and emerging markets. For more information on InnAccel, visit http://www.innaccel.com/.
- Dinesh Shahra Foundation Conducts Special Health Checkup Camp for Cattle - 3 August, 2017
- Shri Uddhav Thackeray Does Ground Breaking Ceremony of Grand Central Park, Thane - 1 August, 2017
- Mr. Soumitro Chakraborty – CEO, Fiinovation Awarded ‘Most Admired Leader for CSR & Sustainability 2017’ - 21 July, 2017
- VIBGYOR High Model United Nations 2017 Debates the Crucial Issue of Climate Change - 3 July, 2017
- Women in Rural India Register Dramatic Gains in Nutrition, Food Security - 28 June, 2017
- Wipro, First Book Bring New Books to Indianapolis Area Kids in Need - 22 June, 2017
- Snapdeal Ties Up with The National Book Trust, India - 20 June, 2017
- ITC Limited Wins the Prestigious Porter Prize 2017 in Two Categories – Excellence in Corporate Governance and Integration and Creating Shared Value - 26 May, 2017
- Microfinance Organization Grameen Koota has received the ISC-FICCI 2017 Award for Best Financial Accessibility for Sanitation - 28 April, 2017
- UN Global Compact Kicks Off Annual Conference in New Delhi, with More than 300 Global Business and Civil Society Leaders - 27 April, 2017