Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
The Consortium for Affordable Medical Technologies (CAMTech) at Massachusetts General Hospital Global Health in partnership with InnAccel hosted the CAMTech INDIA Entrepreneur Bootcamp last week in Bengaluru.
Supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Bacca Foundation and Omidyar Network, CAMTech INDIA is a public-private partnership committed to driving medical technology innovation to improve reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) in India.
The three-day intensive Bootcamp brought together 50 engineers, product designers, entrepreneurs and clinicians to help turn their innovations into commercially viable, market-ready, medical products. “There is such an exciting pipeline of innovations to improve health for mothers and children in India. The Entrepreneur Bootcamp is an essential way that we can meet the needs of Medtech innovators to make their promise a reality,” Elizabeth Bailey, CAMTech’s Director, said.
Since its inception in 2014, CAMTech INDIA has supported nearly 1,000 innovators from across the country to address pressing clinical challenges in RMNCH.
The event in Bengaluru opened with keynote speeches from Dr. Renu Swarup, Advisor, Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, and Managing Director of Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC); and Dr. V M Vamadeva, Director, Directorate of Health and Family Welfare Services, Government of Karnataka. Dr. Swarup stressed on the need for more events like the Bootcamp to accommodate the growing cadre of health innovators across India, and Dr. Vamadeva talked about the importance of innovation in driving down maternal and newborn mortality rates, and cited work in Karnataka.
Siraj Dhanani, Founder and CEO at InnAccel, India’s first Medtech accelerator based in Bengaluru, said: “InnAccel is excited to be part of this consortium where we can leverage our expertise in medtech innovation. By supporting these entrepreneurs, we march toward a healthier India through locally developed products.”
The Entrepreneur Bootcamp assembled key opinion leaders and experts to mentor innovators on a wide variety of topics including clinical needs specification, RMNCH rural perspectives, design and engineering of new products, stakeholder analysis, go-to-market and commercialization, business models, clinical trials and evaluation, and financing early-stage ventures.
To view presentations, featured speakers and panelists and more information from the Bootcamp, visit the event website: http://www.massgeneralcenterforglobalhealth.org/camtech/india-boot-camp/
About The Consortium for Affordable Medical Technologies (CAMTech)
The Consortium for Affordable Medical Technologies (CAMTech) exists to build entrepreneurial capacity and accelerate medical technology innovation to improve health outcomes in low- and middle-income countries. CAMTech’s approach enables co-creation, where innovators across public health, engineering, and business engage with end-users to develop disruptive medical technologies to achieve widespread public health impact. CAMTech’s initiatives, including its newly launched CAMTech Innovation Platform and CAMTech Accelerator Program, help connect and support a global community of innovators working to improve health in developing and emerging markets. For more information about CAMTech, visit http://www.massgeneralcenterforglobalhealth.org/camtech/.
InnAccel is India’s first medical technology acceleration company focused on innovation for low and mid-income markets. InnAccel has built a proprietary innovation platform, and forged partnerships with national and global entities, to support startups and entrepreneurs. They are led by an experienced management team and advised by industry leading experts. Their mission is to provide a world-class technology acceleration platform to startups developing innovative medical devices and diagnostics for India and emerging markets. For more information on InnAccel, visit http://www.innaccel.com/.
- Dell Empowers India’s Youth with Technology-enabled Learning - 12 October, 2017
- Indo-German Economic Partnership to Boost Investments in India’s Food Processing ‘Value Chain’ Infrastructure - 10 October, 2017
- Eaton’s committed to Powering Communities in India : Craig Arnold - 10 October, 2017
- The Advaith Foundation Announces Eight Winners of the School Leadership Awards - 6 October, 2017
- Sony Pictures Networks Latest PSA Implores you to Serve your Nation by Maintaining a Discipline of Cleanliness - 29 September, 2017
- Azure Roof Power to Expand Electrification of Indian Railways - 28 September, 2017
- Hyundai Commences 3rd Phase of Safe Move – Traffic Safety Campaign - 27 September, 2017
- Solar Leadership Series – Greenlight Planet Sets Stage for Rapid Pay-as-you-go Solar Growth in India - 25 September, 2017
- Colgate-Palmolive (India) Limited, in Partnership with Water For People Launches Water Program in Amravati District, Maharashtra - 20 September, 2017
- UAE Exchange Nizamabad Steps Ahead for Rally for Rivers - 16 September, 2017