Chennai is today battling one of the worst calamities in the last 100 years and stands devastated by floods of a kind unprecedented in the recent history of the state. The havoc created with lakhs having to abandon their homes and stranded without basic amenities like food and water and many still struggling to locate their families will take long time to heal. Chennai is inundated with this century’s maximum rains and the same is true for many other parts of Tamil Nadu. The roads are cut off and forces are there for rescue efforts. Millions have lost their livelihood, belongings, homes and over 300 deaths have been reported. Corporate and students of Gurgaon have joined hands with NGO Goonj to forward their help towards the Chennai flood affected victims. The DLF Foundation and The NorthCap University stepped forward to help the flood affected victims.
Standing by its social commitment, the DLF Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the DLF group has sent 10 tones of non perishable edible items to the Chennai victims through NGO Goonj.
Speaking on the occasion Ritesh Sinha, Director, DLF Foundation, said :
“DLF Foundation has been in the forefront for providing assistance to disaster victims. In this unfortunate event that has struck Chennai, DLF Foundation is extending support towards immediate relief and subsequently facilitating rehabilitation of the disaster stricken.”
Students of The NorthCap University took the initiative and organized a collection drive to collect donation for the flood victims. The drive was also promoted in the adjoining areas of the University. More than 4000 people including the students, staff and residents of the neighbouring areas, came forward to contribute for this noble cause and donated clothes and other non perishable items.
Col Bikram Mohanty (Retd), Registrar, The NorthCap University said,
“The Northcap University has consistently been contributing for the welfare of society. As in the past, we have run campaigns on cleanliness, waste management, clothes distribution, blood donation etc. We extend our contribution for the help of flood victims through this clothes donation drive. The University stands with them in this hard time.”
- Crixfeed is live now - 18 March, 2018
- Dabur adopts, revamps Chapaguri Govt School in Tezpur - 15 March, 2018
- Free Health Camp & Medicine Distribution by Emaar India for Colonnade site labourers - 14 March, 2018
- Paramount Golf Foreste bags first prize in Greater Noida Flower Show by GNIDA - 14 March, 2018
- Emaar India commemorates 47th National Safety Day & Week - 12 March, 2018
- Drivers of Change – How Skylar Cabs Aims to Transform the Way Women Commute - 9 March, 2018
- Galway Foundation – Self Empowerment Program - 9 March, 2018
- DENTAL AWARENESS CAMP CONDUCTED BY RRHEDS - 3 March, 2018
- Dabur’s Sanitation & Hygiene awareness drive in Tezpur - 27 February, 2018
- Team Amal India, running No Horn Movement in Kutch region - 24 February, 2018