Observing ‘World Mosquito Day’, the DLF foundation, on Wednesday, distributed as many as 250 mosquito repellent bed-sheets at a function held at the Government Primary Health Center, Sector 52 of Wazirabad locality here.
Gurgaon Chief Medical Officer Dr. Ramesh Dhankar, who distributed ‘Night Knight’ mosquito repellant sheets among the beneficiaries, lauded DLF Foundation’s efforts in curbing the mosquitoes’ menace in Gurgaon – which had so far recorded as many as 32 cases of dengue this season. “We have been running an aggressive anti-dengue drive. It is due to strict anti-dengue measures that cases this year are below than what they were last year,” Dr Dhankar said, adding, “The district health authority has also taken an initiative to make people aware about larvae formation in water tanks. Not only that, we have also sent our biologists across the city to educate people about the identification of the larvae. It will help people identify the larvae and thus prevent the breeding of the larvae.”
Ritesh Sinha, Director-CSR, DLF Foundation said that vector-borne diseases were the kind that could only be controlled in ‘nipping it in the bud’ stage. “And, there is no cure but to fight the symptoms as they come. DLF Foundation’s vision aligns to the importance it gives on preventive healthcare and on promoting wellness among the population. It is also a small step taken towards the same,” he said.
The officials of the district Malaria department were also present on this occasion.The distributed sheets are reportedly of 100 percent Cotton and repel all insects. According to the sources, the sheets were odorless, harmless, environment friendly and safe for children. It also fulfills the WHO standards, sources further added.
- Collaboration Company CSR & MSW Career Development Forum, Pune - 22 October, 2017
- Dabur helps 12 villages achieve ‘Open-Defecation Free’ status - 2 October, 2017
- Lancers International School hosts TEDx focusing on compassion, social understanding - 29 September, 2017
- 8th Convocation Day Organised At Jaipuria School Of Business - 18 September, 2017
- Over 100 stakeholders converge at New Delhi to deliberate on solar energy roadmap - 18 September, 2017
- Uflex and Implementation Partners honoured with Bureaucracy Today CSR Excellence Award2017 - 24 August, 2017
- Motorola Strengthens Retail Presence, Opens ‘Moto Hub’, Exclusive Motorola Stores in India - 6 August, 2017
- The team of CREDAI Maharashtra initiated to understand Gurugram’s Affordable Housing - 25 July, 2017
- TDI Infratech holds Free Health Camp - 27 June, 2017
- Eros Sampoornam Bags the Gautam Budh Nagar’s Pride Awards 2017 - 11 June, 2017