A large number of corporates came forward to donate blood at the four-day blood donation drive held at DLF Cybercity, Gurgaon to commemorate National Safety Week. The event was held by DLF Foundation in collaboration with Indian Red Cross Society and Sarthak Prayas, an NGO.
The four-day event was held at Building No 5, Infinity Tower, Building No. 14 and DLF Cybergreens from March 7 to March 10 respectively. The initiative witnessed wide participation from 500 people, mainly corporates. About 400 units of blood was collected by NACO and Lions Blood Bank.
A team of doctors, paramedics and volunteers were positioned across the venues to ensure a safe and hygienic camp. While all the professionals followed stringent screening procedures and standard laboratory practices for testing, processing and collecting blood, donors’ details were documented carefully by the volunteers.
Mr. Ritesh Sinha, Director – CSR, DLF Ltd, said, “DLF Foundation has contributed to society through various initiatives in line with its vision to ensure healthy, educated, enterprising and sustainable communities. We are elated with the enthusiastic response and thank the donors heartily. We also urge each one of you to come forward in this noble mission of saving lives.”
“I am glad that I donated blood today. I urge everyone to come forward in this noble cause and help not-so fortunate ones,” said Sunita Govil, a donor.
“I believe it’s my duty to donate blood that contributes to save three lives. I would like to thank DLF Foundation for organizing this drive at our doorstep. The initiative would go a long way in building a healthy society,” said Mr. Rana, another donor.
According to World Health Organization estimates, India needs a minimum of 1.2 Crore units of blood per annum to meet its basic requirement, with Delhi/NCR alone facing an annual shortage of 100,000 units of blood. DLF has been organizing blood donation drives since the past five years and has contributed about 3000 units of blood till date.
Held every year, the National Safety Week aims to make people aware about various safety measures. The campaign aims to encourage the need-based activities, self-observance with legal requisites and professional SHE (safety, health and environmental) activities among staffs at the work places. It was observed from 4th March to 10th March this year centred on the theme “Keep Each Other Safe.”
- Uflex and Implementation Partners honoured with Bureaucracy Today CSR Excellence Award2017 - 24 August, 2017
- Motorola Strengthens Retail Presence, Opens ‘Moto Hub’, Exclusive Motorola Stores in India - 6 August, 2017
- The team of CREDAI Maharashtra initiated to understand Gurugram’s Affordable Housing - 25 July, 2017
- TDI Infratech holds Free Health Camp - 27 June, 2017
- Eros Sampoornam Bags the Gautam Budh Nagar’s Pride Awards 2017 - 11 June, 2017
- Eros Group bags Best Developer Award for promoting Green Living - 3 June, 2017
- Dushyant Sinha awarded best PR Professional - 31 May, 2017
- Infrastructure as an Essence in Real Estate - 19 May, 2017
- Kkr invests ₹200 crores in signature global’s affordable housing - 9 May, 2017
- Avneesh Sood of Eros Group inaugurates the first public drinking water RO system in Greater Noida West - 9 May, 2017