New Delhi, Delhi, India
DU Battery Saver and DU Speed Booster, popular Android utilities from DU Group, a product development team of Baidu, Inc. (NASDAQ: BIDU), today announced that their “C Plan” environmental awareness campaign with WWF (the World Wide Fund for Nature) received over 15 million participants, and helped educate people worldwide about the harmful impact of carbon emissions on the Amazon and other rainforests.
The C-Plan campaign invited people to virtually “run” through a series of 6 checkpoints around the globe, forming the shape of a “C” to represent carbon emissions. The shared effort of millions of participants worldwide was needed to complete the course, cross the virtual finish line, and protect the rainforests.
“People who play the game will see the direct connection between their phone’s battery and the electricity that powers it, and how that electricity turns into carbon waste,” said Mr. Tang Cailin, product director of DU Group. “They’ll also learn that saving battery life can actually translate to real-world energy savings – as much as 200,000 kWh for every 10 million users,” he said.
Campaign highlights include :
- Over 20,000 participants attended C Plan’s offline event in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Through C Plan, DU Group raised USD $25,000 to support WWF’s rainforest conservation efforts in the Amazon and elsewhere.
- C Plan’s YouTube video received over 6 million views from people worldwide.
DU Battery Saver and DU Speed Booster have hundreds of millions of users worldwide. The apps have previously partnered with WWF in support of Earth Hour. DU Battery Saver recently surpassed 400 million cumulative downloads and released its new version 4.0, which includes an optimized engine to further improve battery life. To download DU Battery Saver and DU Speed Booster for free, visit the products’ Google Play pages at :
Baidu, Inc. is the leading Chinese language Internet search provider. As a technology-based media company, Baidu aims to provide the best and most equitable way for people to find what they’re looking for. In addition to serving individual Internet search users, Baidu provides an effective platform for businesses to reach potential customers. Baidu’s ADSs trade on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol “BIDU”. Currently, ten ADSs represent one Class A ordinary share.
- TechnipFMC Partners with SEED CSR to Inaugurate Skill Development Centre and Mobile Medical Health Unit in Gujarat - 4 April, 2018
- Ambuja Cement Celebrates World Water Day across its Operations - 27 March, 2018
- VIBGYOR Group of Schools Embark on a Journey to Create Water for the Future - 24 March, 2018
- Priyadarshni Academy Celebrates 34th Anniversary Literary Awards and Educational Scholarships Program - 20 March, 2018
- TCS Olympus Centre Awarded the ‘Best Commercial Project of 2016-17’ at the 32nd National Real Estate Annual Awards by Accommodation Times - 19 March, 2018
- ofo, the World’s Largest Bicycle Sharing Platform, Contributes to Urban Mobility in Pune’s Magarpatta City - 9 March, 2018
- Dr. Madhu Chitkara Honoured with NIVEDITA Award for Service towards Women Empowerment on Account of International Women’s Day - 9 March, 2018
- Merck Launches their Merck Foundation and Mark International Women’s Day with First Lady of Niger - 9 March, 2018
- Plan India, Delegation of the European Union and Embassy of Finland Celebrate International Women’s Day 2018 in India under the Theme Economic Empowerment of Women - 7 March, 2018
- Merck Foundation Join Hands with the First Lady of The Gambia to Empower Infertile Women across Africa - 24 February, 2018