New Delhi, Delhi, India
DU Battery Saver and DU Speed Booster, popular Android utilities from DU Group, a product development team of Baidu, Inc. (NASDAQ: BIDU), today announced that their “C Plan” environmental awareness campaign with WWF (the World Wide Fund for Nature) received over 15 million participants, and helped educate people worldwide about the harmful impact of carbon emissions on the Amazon and other rainforests.
The C-Plan campaign invited people to virtually “run” through a series of 6 checkpoints around the globe, forming the shape of a “C” to represent carbon emissions. The shared effort of millions of participants worldwide was needed to complete the course, cross the virtual finish line, and protect the rainforests.
“People who play the game will see the direct connection between their phone’s battery and the electricity that powers it, and how that electricity turns into carbon waste,” said Mr. Tang Cailin, product director of DU Group. “They’ll also learn that saving battery life can actually translate to real-world energy savings – as much as 200,000 kWh for every 10 million users,” he said.
Campaign highlights include :
- Over 20,000 participants attended C Plan’s offline event in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Through C Plan, DU Group raised USD $25,000 to support WWF’s rainforest conservation efforts in the Amazon and elsewhere.
- C Plan’s YouTube video received over 6 million views from people worldwide.
DU Battery Saver and DU Speed Booster have hundreds of millions of users worldwide. The apps have previously partnered with WWF in support of Earth Hour. DU Battery Saver recently surpassed 400 million cumulative downloads and released its new version 4.0, which includes an optimized engine to further improve battery life. To download DU Battery Saver and DU Speed Booster for free, visit the products’ Google Play pages at :
Baidu, Inc. is the leading Chinese language Internet search provider. As a technology-based media company, Baidu aims to provide the best and most equitable way for people to find what they’re looking for. In addition to serving individual Internet search users, Baidu provides an effective platform for businesses to reach potential customers. Baidu’s ADSs trade on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol “BIDU”. Currently, ten ADSs represent one Class A ordinary share.
- TechnipFMC in India Sponsors Jaipur Foot Camps in Partnership with the Rotary Club - 17 January, 2018
- NCCF Co-develops India’s Forest Management Certification Standard in Association with Ministries, Forest Departments, Industry and NGOs - 17 January, 2018
- Snapdeal and National Book Trust Launch Har Hath Ek Kitab at the World Book Fair - 12 January, 2018
- Jeevan Jyot Cancer Relief and Care Trust Organizes ‘Prince Kutchhi Vyapar Mela’ to Create Fund for the Treatment of Children Cancer Patients - 11 January, 2018
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India, Maharashtra Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Coca-Cola India Join Hands to Train Street Food Vendors in Pune - 6 January, 2018
- MoU Signed between ofo and Pune Municipal Corporation - 5 January, 2018
- Help a Child Touch the Star With #findurstar Campaign - 30 December, 2017
- ITC Green Centre, Bengaluru Wins Project of the Year Award - 22 December, 2017
- NatureFresh Sampoorna Chakki Atta Promotes Food Security with #NoKhaaliPet Campaign - 19 December, 2017
- Subway Donates Rs 1.5 Million for Under Privileged Children in India - 19 December, 2017