Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Embassy Office Parks in association with Performax and Contours, India’s largest chain of Women’s gyms hosted the 7th edition of Contours Women’s Day Run on 6th March 2016 at Embassy GolfLinks in Bangalore.
Contours Women’s Day Run, one of the first run events in the city, started in the year 2010. Contours, being India’s largest chain of Women’s gyms realized that a Run would be a great way to celebrate International Women’s Day every year and spread awareness about good health and fitness. Associating with Contours, Embassy Office Parks partnered the event as a medium to support women’s causes and to foster vibrant workspace communities in the office parks.
The 2016 Edition was held at Embassy GolfLinks, Intermediate Ring Road – Domlur, Bangalore from 6.30 AM onwards, 6th March 2016 (Sunday).This year the event featured a 10k & 5k run. There were lots of entertainment activities after the run, making the morning an eventful one.
Commenting on the event, Mike Holland, CEO, Embassy Office Parks said “We at Embassy are proud to support a cause that stands for diversity and women empowerment. We look forward to be a part of more such events where we get an opportunity to honor the women of our country and all around the world. Associating with Performax and Contours has always been exciting for us and our communities in our office parks.”
Commenting on the occasion Chandra Gopalan, Director, Contours India said Contours represents health and fitness for women. So it is only fitting that we celebrate International Women’s Day with a Run. Thus started Contours Women’s Day Run 7 years ago. The run is an inclusive run where every runner is a winner. It is for that runner who is encouraged to take the first step towards fitness. We wish every woman a wonderful International Women’s Day with loads of fitness and fun.”
The funds raised from the Contours Women’s Day Run will be used for Shristi Special Academy, who in collaboration with Special Olympics Bharat is training and grooming persons with disabilities (PWDs) for the Special Olympics at Los Angeles, to envision a world where persons with disabilities receive unconditional acceptance, support and care.
About Embassy Office Parks :
Embassy Office Parks is the leading private owner and operator of world-class business parks in India. Embassy Office Parks is a joint venture between Bangalore based Embassy Group, India’s leading commercial property developer and the Blackstone Group L.P. (“Blackstone”). Embassy Office Parks provides a business ecosystem that is people-focused and enhances productivity through a vibrant and emotionally involved workforce following the best of global standards. Embassy Office Parks are designed to achieve superior productivity levels across all core audiences. With over 175 clients, and several large multinationals situated at these parks, Embassy Office Parks is a pioneer in the leasing model for commercial space as well as developing integrated office parks across the country. Comprising more than 21 million sq ft of commercial space, the Embassy Office Parks portfolio includes business parks in Bangalore such as Embassy TechVillage, Embassy GolfLinks and Embassy Manyata Business Park, as well as Embassy TechZone in Pune.
About Contours India :
Contours India is India’s first International chain of Women only gyms. Known worldwide as Contours Express, this chain has grown to 750 gyms worldwide with over 200000 women members. In India, Contours India has grown to 7 fitness studios in a span of 4 years. Contours India has also bought to India a new wave in Women’s fitness called Cardio Fit circuit training. It is a specialized training for women & all it requires is 29 minutes per day, 4 times a week to get fit, healthy & to lose weight. All the machines here are specially designed for women. In short, it is a Fitness concept run by women for women. So, no matter if a woman is fat, thin, young or old, she can work out without inhibitions at any time of the day. Contours India believes that women of all ages must be encouraged to exercise comfortably, as the workout is fast, fun & friendly.
About Shristi :
Shristi Special Academy is a non-profit organisation established by three special educators. Through education and training, the academy helps train and develops skills in persons with disabilities – including Autism Spectrum Disorders, Intellectual Disabilities, Cerebral Palsy, and Multiple Disabilities. At Shristi, we work to enable the overall development and rehabilitation of children using a scientifically designed and child-centric curriculum. Our essence lies in ‘creation’ (Shristi stands for creation in Hindi) of a holistic approach that is aimed at overall development — mental, physical, and emotional. This is enabled through various forms of intervention from rehabilitation training and nutrition to medical screening and treatment to all individuals irrespective of their age or social status.
- ofo, the World’s Largest Bicycle Sharing Platform, Contributes to Urban Mobility in Pune’s Magarpatta City - 9 March, 2018
- Dr. Madhu Chitkara Honoured with NIVEDITA Award for Service towards Women Empowerment on Account of International Women’s Day - 9 March, 2018
- Merck Launches their Merck Foundation and Mark International Women’s Day with First Lady of Niger - 9 March, 2018
- Plan India, Delegation of the European Union and Embassy of Finland Celebrate International Women’s Day 2018 in India under the Theme Economic Empowerment of Women - 7 March, 2018
- Merck Foundation Join Hands with the First Lady of The Gambia to Empower Infertile Women across Africa - 24 February, 2018
- Merck Foundation and Uganda Ministry of Health Continue their Support for the Heroines of ‘Merck More Than a Mother’ - 19 February, 2018
- Reverse Logistics Group Launches Clean to Green Campaign to Promote Responsible e-waste Recycling in India - 13 February, 2018
- UAE Exchange India Won Innov and Eminent Award 2017 for CSR - 23 January, 2018
- TechnipFMC in India Sponsors Jaipur Foot Camps in Partnership with the Rotary Club - 17 January, 2018
- NCCF Co-develops India’s Forest Management Certification Standard in Association with Ministries, Forest Departments, Industry and NGOs - 17 January, 2018