Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Keeping its promise to progressively contribute towards a cleaner and greener planet, India’s largest global flexible packaging solution company Uflex has rolled out natural resource conservation initiatives in partnership with Fiinovation – a technical research based consulting organization and AROH Foundation – a leading civil society organization, acclaimed for its work in social development and environmental restoration.
Natural Resource Conservation and Optimization initiatives will entail sustained engagement in four villages of Gautam Buddha Nagar District with an overarching aim to build the capacity of the community to conserve and optimize the natural resource base. This would involve a construction of carefully planned in-situ and ex-situ rainwater harvesting structures that include field bunds and farm ponds to arrest rain water, organic and inorganic mulching to protect soil cover and plantation drive.
Horticulture species shall be grown in the community and individually owned land which shall provide fodder for the livestock all year round while also supplementing the farmers’ income by bearing fruits.
Over a period of 3 years, around 400 farmers will stand to benefit from the programme that has just been rolled out. The structured engagement that involves participation of all stakeholders like village panchayat, farmers, local administration and social workers will result in improvement of ground water level due to percolation; better availability of water for domestic and agricultural use; reduced soil erosion and overall enhancement of the air and water quality leading to improved health quotient of village inhabitants.
Soon after launching the interventions, Mr. Ashok Chaturvedi, Chairman & Managing Director, Uflex Limited in an official statement said, “Uflex accords very high value to socio-environmental responsiveness. With the cooperation of all stakeholders who have pledged their support for this initiative, we are very optimistic for bringing about tangible changes for rejuvenating the eco-system of the villages that we are working in. Uflex will document the good practices thus evolved so that these interventions could be scaled up and replicated by others for the larger good of mother earth.”
About Uflex :
Uflex is India’s largest end-to-end flexible packaging company and an emerging global player. Since its inception back in 1983, Uflex has grown from strength to strength to evolve as a truly Indian Multinational with consumers spread across the world. Uflex today has state-of-the-art packaging facilities at multiple locations in India with installed capacity of around 100,000 TPA and has packaging film manufacturing facilities in India, UAE, Mexico Egypt, Poland and USA with cumulative installed capacity in excess of 337,000 TPA.
All Uflex plants are accredited with ISO 9001, 14001, HACCP & BRC certifications. Uflex caters to markets spanning across the globe in over 140 countries like USA, Canada, South American countries, UK and other European Countries, Russia, South Africa, CIS, Asian and African nations. Integrated within its core business profile are allied businesses like Engineering, Cylinders, Holography and Chemicals which further give Uflex a superior edge above competition.
Uflex Limited is also a part of the D&B Global Database and winner of various prestigious national and international awards for its products’ excellence. Uflex offers technologically superior packaging solutions for a wide variety of products such as snack foods, candy and confectionery, sugar, rice & other cereals, beverages, tea & coffee, dessert mixes, noodles, wheat flour, soaps and detergents, shampoos & conditioners, vegetable oil, spices, marinates & pastes, cheese & dairy products, frozen food, sea food, meat, anti-fog, pet food, pharmaceuticals, contraceptives, garden fertilizers and plant nutrients, motor oil and lubricants, automotive and engineering components etc.
Some of Uflex’s clients on the global turf include P&G, PepsiCo; Tata Global; Mondelez, L’ Oreal, Britannia, Haldiram’s, Amul, Kimberly Clark, Ferro Rocher, Perfetti, GSK, Nestle, Agrotech Foods, Coca Cola, Wrigley, Johnson & Johnson among others.
- Launch of Life Skills Program - 15 December, 2017
- American India Foundation (AIF) and Coca-Cola India Launches ‘SMS Mission Recycling’ to Sensitize School Children on Waste Management and Recycling - 15 December, 2017
- Aster Celebrates 30 Years of Quality Healthcare with a Year of Giving Back Initiatives - 15 December, 2017
- Curtain Raised for the 3rd Edition of Siddha Kiddathon - 9 December, 2017
- Mayors of Bengaluru and London Come Together to Help Cities across India and Worldwide Tackle Toxic Air Pollution - 6 December, 2017
- HelpMeSee to Demonstrate Eye Surgical Simulator at Comprehensive Cataract Conference 2017 - 22 November, 2017
- Kellogg India Pvt Ltd amongst Top 100 Best Companies for Women in India - 20 November, 2017
- Jagriti Sewa Sansthan and Coca-Cola India Announce the Winners of the Sustainable Enterprise Awards 2017 - 17 November, 2017
- Gleneagles Global Hospitals Hosts an Art Competition on Children’s Day to Increase Lung Cancer Awareness - 17 November, 2017
- ITC Limited – Hotels Division Conferred the 2017 Greenbuild Leadership Award by the U.S. Green Building Council for its Commitment to the Green Building Movement in India - 12 November, 2017