New Delhi, Delhi, India
Messe Frankfurt Trade Fairs India Pvt. Ltd., the Indian subsidiary of one the world’s leading exhibition organisers, announced a special training course for specially-abled people in the Sunder Nagri region of New Delhi. The workshop is being organised in association with Life Charitable Trust targeting differently-abled people of Sunder Nagri slum, one of the biggest slums in New Delhi in order to promote skill development and social empowerment in the community.
A special art & craft skill training centre has been set up where training in handwork cushions, handbag stitching, hand embroidery and the art of creating small artefacts, candle making, chocolate making and many more employment-oriented skill development courses will be offered for differently-abled people of this area. The workshop will be conducted for a period of two months following which the participants will get a platform to showcase their art and crafts at India’s premier home fashion business platform Heimtextil India and Ambiente India which will take place from 22 – 24 June 2016 in New Delhi.
Heimtextil India and Ambiente India trade fairs focused on promoting the business of decor, lifestyle and furnishing products, attract retailers, interior designers, project planners, buying agents and e-commerce majors from across India. The platform will be used to endorse the products and skills of differently-abled people and provide direct business links to make them independent.
Messe Frankfurt, since its inception, has been committed to supporting developments, contributing to economic growth and improving the quality of life for the communities where it operates. Many of the Indian subsidiary’s leading exhibitions and conferences such as LED Expo, Watertech India, Wastetech India, Cleantech India, Techtextil India etc. focus on social and environmental issues such as energy efficiency, water management, waste management, recycling and eco-textiles. Mr. Raj Manek, Executive Director and Board Member of Messe Frankfurt Asia Holding Ltd stated: “Messe Frankfurt strongly believes in investing beyond business, for the larger good of the society and long-term social and economic development. Using our inherent strength of creating trade platforms, we aim to provide a platform that can not only impart skills to specially-abled people but also, promote their art at Heimtextil and Ambiente India to secure financial freedom.”
For more information, please visit http://www.in.messefrankfurt.com/
Background Information on Messe Frankfurt :
Messe Frankfurt is one of the world’s leading trade fair organisers, generating around €645* million in sales and employing 2,297* people. The Messe Frankfurt Group has a global network of 29 subsidiaries and 57 international Sales Partners, allowing it to serve its customers on location in more than 160 countries. Messe Frankfurt events take place at more than 40 locations around the globe. In 2015, Messe Frankfurt organised 132* trade fairs, of which more than half took place outside Germany. Comprising an area of 592,127 square metres, Messe Frankfurt’s exhibition grounds are home to ten exhibition halls. The company also operates two congress centres. The historic Festhalle, one of the most popular venues in Germany, plays host to events of all kinds. Messe Frankfurt is publicly owned, with the City of Frankfurt holding 60 percent and the State of Hesse 40 percent. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.messefrankfurt.com/
- ofo, the World’s Largest Bicycle Sharing Platform, Contributes to Urban Mobility in Pune’s Magarpatta City - 9 March, 2018
- Dr. Madhu Chitkara Honoured with NIVEDITA Award for Service towards Women Empowerment on Account of International Women’s Day - 9 March, 2018
- Merck Launches their Merck Foundation and Mark International Women’s Day with First Lady of Niger - 9 March, 2018
- Plan India, Delegation of the European Union and Embassy of Finland Celebrate International Women’s Day 2018 in India under the Theme Economic Empowerment of Women - 7 March, 2018
- Merck Foundation Join Hands with the First Lady of The Gambia to Empower Infertile Women across Africa - 24 February, 2018
- Merck Foundation and Uganda Ministry of Health Continue their Support for the Heroines of ‘Merck More Than a Mother’ - 19 February, 2018
- Reverse Logistics Group Launches Clean to Green Campaign to Promote Responsible e-waste Recycling in India - 13 February, 2018
- UAE Exchange India Won Innov and Eminent Award 2017 for CSR - 23 January, 2018
- TechnipFMC in India Sponsors Jaipur Foot Camps in Partnership with the Rotary Club - 17 January, 2018
- NCCF Co-develops India’s Forest Management Certification Standard in Association with Ministries, Forest Departments, Industry and NGOs - 17 January, 2018