Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India
Ahead of the 8th edition of Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2017, the Government of Gujarat officials are leaving no stone unturned to get participation from across the globe. As part of the efforts, last month, the State Government sent a delegation led by Ms. Mamta Verma, Industries Commissioner to Israel where the delegation held important meetings to discuss possible collaborations between Israel and the state of Gujarat.
As a follow up on the meetings in Israel, the Counsel General of the state of Israel, Mr. David Akov visited Gujarat on September 22, 2016. During his visit, he met with the officials who traveled to Israel and expressed his keenness to explore the opportunities offered by Gujarat.
Thanking the Counsel General for confirming Israel’s interest in collaborating with Government of Gujarat, Ms. Mamta Verma, Industries Commissioner said, “I had the privilege to lead the delegation to Israel and I am pleased that the overwhelming response we witnessed in Israel is now transforming into participation during the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2017 as well as during the Startup Summit in October 2016. We see huge possibilities for collaborations and exchange of expertise with Israel and I hope the upcoming summits will allows us to take the discussion forward.”
During the meeting, the Counsel General expressed Israel’s interest in collaborating with Gujarat in areas like Water management, Defence, Aerospace, Innovation, Technology and Agriculture; he said, “Gujarat offers a lot of opportunities and Israel on the other hand has the expertise in some of these sectors. We must start working on the collaborations, even if it is small in nature to begin with. We are confident that these collaborations / Joint ventures would be a win-win for both Israel and Gujarat.”
The Counsel General said that Israel would like to expand its connections with the Government of Gujarat and also congratulated the government officials for successfully hosting international Summits that boosts the morale of the business communities across the globe. He also complimented the government for executing single-window clearance. He confirmed Israel’s participation in the summit and pre-summit events especially the start-up summit scheduled in mid-October.
About Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit :
The Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit, which started in 2003 to rekindle the pace of investments in the state, has since established itself as one of the most important international business events in the country. Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit is an example of the visionary approach of the Government of Gujarat towards inclusive and sustainable development by ensuring policy coherence and effective investment promotion. Far from the regional investment fair that characterized the first Summit in 2003, the biennial Summit has today become a unique forum for idea exchange, knowledge sharing, networking, explore business opportunities, sign cooperation agreements and partnerships, while setting the policy agenda to meet some of the current global challenges.
Having successfully organized seven constructive summits, Government of Gujarat, as part of its journey towards sustainable long-term growth and inclusive development is organizing the 8th edition of the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit from the 10th to 13th of January 2017 at Mahatma Mandir, Gandhinagar. The central focus of the 8th edition of the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit is “Sustainable Economic and Social Development”. The Summit will bring together Heads of States and Governments, Ministers, leaders from the corporate world, senior policy makers, heads of international institutions and academia from around the world to further the cause of development and promote cooperation.
- Launch of Life Skills Program - 15 December, 2017
- American India Foundation (AIF) and Coca-Cola India Launches ‘SMS Mission Recycling’ to Sensitize School Children on Waste Management and Recycling - 15 December, 2017
- Aster Celebrates 30 Years of Quality Healthcare with a Year of Giving Back Initiatives - 15 December, 2017
- Curtain Raised for the 3rd Edition of Siddha Kiddathon - 9 December, 2017
- Mayors of Bengaluru and London Come Together to Help Cities across India and Worldwide Tackle Toxic Air Pollution - 6 December, 2017
- HelpMeSee to Demonstrate Eye Surgical Simulator at Comprehensive Cataract Conference 2017 - 22 November, 2017
- Kellogg India Pvt Ltd amongst Top 100 Best Companies for Women in India - 20 November, 2017
- Jagriti Sewa Sansthan and Coca-Cola India Announce the Winners of the Sustainable Enterprise Awards 2017 - 17 November, 2017
- Gleneagles Global Hospitals Hosts an Art Competition on Children’s Day to Increase Lung Cancer Awareness - 17 November, 2017
- ITC Limited – Hotels Division Conferred the 2017 Greenbuild Leadership Award by the U.S. Green Building Council for its Commitment to the Green Building Movement in India - 12 November, 2017