Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
H-Energy Private Limited (HEPL) has been selected by the Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board (PNGRB) of India for grant of authorization for the Jaigarh – Goa -Mangalore Natural Gas pipeline through a process of competitive bidding conducted by the PNGRB.
Darshan Hiranandani, CEO, HEPL, expressed deep satisfaction over the development. He said the Jaigarh – Goa – Mangalore Natural Gas Pipeline would be, “our humble contribution to the preservation of the environment in the South Western Coast of our country,” adding that “we are proud of the same”.
The pipeline will span more than 635 kms and will connect major industrial units like refineries, fertilizer plants, petrochemical plants and power plants in the south-western coastal stretch of Ratnagiri, Sindhudurg, Goa, Karwar, Udupi and Mangalore. The pipeline will also act as a gateway for development of City Gas Distribution networks in the region, which will provide ready access to an environmentally benign fuel to the residential and transport sectors.
The HEPL CEO further added, “Our commitment is to develop and expand the Natural Gas network in south western India and service the markets in Ratnagiri and Sindhudurg in coastal Maharashtra and Goa. In addition, we would like to service those customers in Karwar, Udupi and Mangalore in coastal Karnataka who do not access clean fuel, like Natural Gas”.
The PNGRB had invited bids for development of this pipeline on 17th March 2016. The financial bids of the technically qualified bidders were opened on 28th April 2016 and HEPL emerged as the successful bidder. It is estimated that the Jaigarh – Goa – Mangalore Natural Gas pipeline will be ready for delivering Natural Gas to the connected customers of the West Coast by mid-2019.
H-Energy Gateway Private Limited (HEGPL), an affiliate of H-Energy Private Limited (HEPL), is setting up a 4 MMTPA Floating Storage and Regasification Unit (FSRU) at Jaigarh Port in Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra. All major clearances, port agreements and technical studies have been completed and the project is expected to be commissioned in the Second Quarter of 2018, under an early commissioning program through a 60 km tie-in pipeline from Jaigarh to Dabhol.
Conveying his sincere gratitude to the Governments of Maharashtra, Goa and Karnataka for their unstinted support for the pipeline project, Darshan Hiranandani said, “My team at H-Energy and I intend to work very closely with all the State Governments of the region and seek their cooperation for the timely execution of our pipeline project. At all times H-Energy will continue to focus its efforts on delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to consumers in India,” he concluded.
- Dinesh Shahra Foundation Conducts Special Health Checkup Camp for Cattle - 3 August, 2017
- Shri Uddhav Thackeray Does Ground Breaking Ceremony of Grand Central Park, Thane - 1 August, 2017
- Mr. Soumitro Chakraborty – CEO, Fiinovation Awarded ‘Most Admired Leader for CSR & Sustainability 2017’ - 21 July, 2017
- VIBGYOR High Model United Nations 2017 Debates the Crucial Issue of Climate Change - 3 July, 2017
- Women in Rural India Register Dramatic Gains in Nutrition, Food Security - 28 June, 2017
- Wipro, First Book Bring New Books to Indianapolis Area Kids in Need - 22 June, 2017
- Snapdeal Ties Up with The National Book Trust, India - 20 June, 2017
- ITC Limited Wins the Prestigious Porter Prize 2017 in Two Categories – Excellence in Corporate Governance and Integration and Creating Shared Value - 26 May, 2017
- Microfinance Organization Grameen Koota has received the ISC-FICCI 2017 Award for Best Financial Accessibility for Sanitation - 28 April, 2017
- UN Global Compact Kicks Off Annual Conference in New Delhi, with More than 300 Global Business and Civil Society Leaders - 27 April, 2017