Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
HCL Grant, the call for entries for which has now begun, has added two more categories of health and environment besides education this year. The award money for the Grant will be INR 15 Crore this time i.e. INR 5 Crore per category. Launched last year, HCL Grant is a first of its kind initiative to recognize the rise of Fifth estate – the Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) which are formed and led by the citizens of the country.
More than 400 NGOs participated in the HCL Grant last year. Honourable President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee presented the HCL Grant Award of INR 5 Crore to the winner NGO, Going to School – which currently covers over 1,300 schools and is impacting 1,50,000 children every week with imperative life changing skills through their design-driven approach and learning material, in remote villages of Bihar.
Ms. Robin Abrams, Chairperson of Jury, HCL Grant, said “The HCL Grant launch last year saw an overwhelming response from NGOs. It was an eye-opener for us to see some of the remarkable work being done in the sector of education, by some remarkable leaders of change. The jury members had a tough task to decide one over the other, as all of them were the very best in their own ways. We are excited to once again learn more about the phenomenal work being done, especially when we had added two more categories this year.”
The selection process will be managed by Grant Thornton, world’s leading assurance, tax and advisory firm. The Grant of INR 5 crore will be awarded to the winning NGO in each category through a robust evaluation process consisting of multiple levels of assessments starting from application screening, profile evaluation, sub Jury evaluation and ending with a final jury evaluation. The winner will be announced in February 2017.
About HCL Grant
HCL Grant, an initiative by HCL Foundation, the philanthropic arm of HCL Technologies is a step towards recognition of the The Fifth Estate contributing towards Nation Building. Started in 2015, it is a ₹ 100 Crore commitment by HCL over next five years, to strengthen transformation in the areas of Education, Health and Environment, by reaching out to marginalized, isolated and underdeveloped rural communities, and achieve sustainable socio-economic development. A unique aspect of the HCL Grant is that the organizations are recognized not only based on the “idea”, but also for their power to transform ideas into implementable projects and thereby, transform Indian villages in a sustainable way. For more information please log on to http://www.hcltech.com/HCL-Grant
About HCL Technologies
HCL Technologies is a leading global IT services company working with clients in areas that impact and redefine the core of their businesses. Since its emergence on global landscape after its IPO in 1999 and listing in 2000, HCL Technologies, along with its subsidiaries, today operates out of 32 countries and has consolidated revenues of US$ 6.2 billion, for 12 months ended 31 March, 2016. HCL focuses on ‘transformational outsourcing’, underlined by innovation and value creation, offering an integrated portfolio of services including BEYONDigital, IoT WoRKS, Engineering Services Outsourcing and Next-Generation IT Outsourcing that focuses on transformation-led integrated infrastructure services, applications services and business services. HCL leverages its extensive global delivery capabilities and integrated innovation labs across the world to provide holistic, multi-service delivery in key industry verticals including Financial Services, Manufacturing, Telecommunications, Media, Publishing & Entertainment, Retail & CPG, Life sciences & Healthcare, Oil & Gas, Energy & Utilities, Travel, Transportation & Logistics and Government. With 104,896 professionals from diverse nationalities, HCL Technologies focuses on creating real value for customers by taking ‘Relationships Beyond the Contract’. For more information, please visit http://www.hcltech.com/
- United Way Mumbai and Coca-Cola India Join Hands to Organize Beach Clean-up Drives Under ‘Clean Shores Mumbai’ Initiative - 27 June, 2018
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation hosts panel discussion on ‘Making Markets work for the Poor’ - 21 June, 2018
- Dosti Realty Spreads Awareness Through Their Tree Plantation Drive at Dosti West County - 7 June, 2018
- Siddha Group Launches World Environment Day Initiative in Association With Kolkata Municipal Corporation - 7 June, 2018
- Tata Starbucks Reinforces Its Commitment to Sustainability - 5 June, 2018
- GEF Capital Partners to Be the Catalyst for ESDS’ Growth Ambitions - 5 June, 2018
- USISPF Launches CEO Water Alliance - 5 June, 2018
- Social Entrepreneurs Amar and Payal Tulsiyan, Co-Founders of Menstrual Hygiene Awareness Initiative the Niine Movement, Receive Partners in Health Award at FOGSI International Women’s Health Summit - 4 June, 2018
- Sanjib Datta Takes Over as Managing Director of Mahanagar Gas Limited - 4 June, 2018
- Nicotex Partners With BEST in Its Journey for Becoming Tobacco Free Workplace - 31 May, 2018