Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
With new flyovers and other critical infrastructure works getting completed, Thane, as a residential destination and also as a real estate destination, is ‘packing a punch’. When it comes to health consciousness, as also supporting noble causes, citizens of Thane proved that they too have ‘come of age’, given the huge number of participants registered for the Hiranandani Thane Half Marathon 2016 (HTHM 2016). The event is being held at Hiranandani Estate, Thane on Sunday, 14 February 2016.
“The Hiranandani Thane Half Marathon is not about winning or losing, it is about the passion and effort one puts into a fit and healthy lifestyle,” said Niranjan Hiranandani, CMD, Hiranandani Constructions. The event will showcase the aspect of being fit and healthy, and from that perspective, promote community living; the community is made up of residents and the activities that bring them together, he added.
The fourth edition of the Hiranandani Thane Half Marathon (HTHM) which will be flagged off on February 14, 2016 from Hiranandani Estate, Thane, has three categories in this edition: Half Marathon – 21.097 km, Green Run – 10 km and Fun Run – 4 km. The race has been recognized by the Athletics Federation of India.
The amount collected through registrations during the last three marathons was donated to charitable institutions like Ruhi (associated with Tata Memorial Hospital), Jaipur Foot, Mumbai Mobile Creches, Concern India, Oxfam and Buniyaad.
“This year, the net amount collected through registrations would be utilized in building sanitation facilities in and around Thane area under the aegis of the Thane Municipal Corporation,” said Niranjan Hiranandani.
From this year the race would also encourage runners to raise charity for a particular cause through charity raising platform ‘ketto.org’. The cause for this year would be the drought-hit farmers of Maharashtra. Participants can donate any amount towards this cause using ‘Ketto.org’. The net amount collected through this platform shall be donated to an NGO working for this cause.
“Hiranandani Thane Half Marathon 2016 is an initiative to awaken residents of Thane about the importance of maintaining their health and lifestyle. With busy schedules, work pressure and hectic lifestyles, we see that citizens tend to neglect their health. The ‘Hiranandani Thane Half Marathon 2016’, in a way, promoting a healthy life for residents,” said Niranjan Hiranandani.
The event will showcase the being fit and healthy, and from that perspective, promote sports-related activities at the project. “At Hiranandani Estate, Thane, we have created ‘community living’. It goes beyond the aspect of home owners merely being neighbours,” said Niranjan Hiranandani. “It is being part of something larger – a community comprising residents of a township who will share a very special relationship with being fit, with each other and with nature. I co-relate community living with being close to nature. At the integrated townships we have created, be it Hiranandani Gardens in Powai or Hiranandani Meadows in Thane, the focus is on creating living spaces amidst greenery, and not merely include greenery in living spaces. The same has been replicated in Hiranandani Estate, Thane,” he added. “It is a very different lifestyle which will be enjoyed by residents who will live within the community, and share the experience called life – much like the experience of participating in the Hiranandani Thane Half Marathon 2016,” he said.
More than just health consciousness, the event also brings to the forefront the aspect of healthy living for not just Thaneites but for all residents of the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR). “Running solo or running in a group, all that matters is being healthy. I hope for all participants, this year’s HTHM 2016 will be a race well run,” concluded Niranjan Hiranandani.
- TechnipFMC in India Sponsors Jaipur Foot Camps in Partnership with the Rotary Club - 17 January, 2018
- NCCF Co-develops India’s Forest Management Certification Standard in Association with Ministries, Forest Departments, Industry and NGOs - 17 January, 2018
- Snapdeal and National Book Trust Launch Har Hath Ek Kitab at the World Book Fair - 12 January, 2018
- Jeevan Jyot Cancer Relief and Care Trust Organizes ‘Prince Kutchhi Vyapar Mela’ to Create Fund for the Treatment of Children Cancer Patients - 11 January, 2018
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India, Maharashtra Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Coca-Cola India Join Hands to Train Street Food Vendors in Pune - 6 January, 2018
- MoU Signed between ofo and Pune Municipal Corporation - 5 January, 2018
- Help a Child Touch the Star With #findurstar Campaign - 30 December, 2017
- ITC Green Centre, Bengaluru Wins Project of the Year Award - 22 December, 2017
- NatureFresh Sampoorna Chakki Atta Promotes Food Security with #NoKhaaliPet Campaign - 19 December, 2017
- Subway Donates Rs 1.5 Million for Under Privileged Children in India - 19 December, 2017