Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
With new flyovers and other critical infrastructure works getting completed, Thane, as a residential destination and also as a real estate destination, is ‘packing a punch’. When it comes to health consciousness, as also supporting noble causes, citizens of Thane proved that they too have ‘come of age’, given the huge number of participants registered for the Hiranandani Thane Half Marathon 2016 (HTHM 2016). The event is being held at Hiranandani Estate, Thane on Sunday, 14 February 2016.
“The Hiranandani Thane Half Marathon is not about winning or losing, it is about the passion and effort one puts into a fit and healthy lifestyle,” said Niranjan Hiranandani, CMD, Hiranandani Constructions. The event will showcase the aspect of being fit and healthy, and from that perspective, promote community living; the community is made up of residents and the activities that bring them together, he added.
The fourth edition of the Hiranandani Thane Half Marathon (HTHM) which will be flagged off on February 14, 2016 from Hiranandani Estate, Thane, has three categories in this edition: Half Marathon – 21.097 km, Green Run – 10 km and Fun Run – 4 km. The race has been recognized by the Athletics Federation of India.
The amount collected through registrations during the last three marathons was donated to charitable institutions like Ruhi (associated with Tata Memorial Hospital), Jaipur Foot, Mumbai Mobile Creches, Concern India, Oxfam and Buniyaad.
“This year, the net amount collected through registrations would be utilized in building sanitation facilities in and around Thane area under the aegis of the Thane Municipal Corporation,” said Niranjan Hiranandani.
From this year the race would also encourage runners to raise charity for a particular cause through charity raising platform ‘ketto.org’. The cause for this year would be the drought-hit farmers of Maharashtra. Participants can donate any amount towards this cause using ‘Ketto.org’. The net amount collected through this platform shall be donated to an NGO working for this cause.
“Hiranandani Thane Half Marathon 2016 is an initiative to awaken residents of Thane about the importance of maintaining their health and lifestyle. With busy schedules, work pressure and hectic lifestyles, we see that citizens tend to neglect their health. The ‘Hiranandani Thane Half Marathon 2016’, in a way, promoting a healthy life for residents,” said Niranjan Hiranandani.
The event will showcase the being fit and healthy, and from that perspective, promote sports-related activities at the project. “At Hiranandani Estate, Thane, we have created ‘community living’. It goes beyond the aspect of home owners merely being neighbours,” said Niranjan Hiranandani. “It is being part of something larger – a community comprising residents of a township who will share a very special relationship with being fit, with each other and with nature. I co-relate community living with being close to nature. At the integrated townships we have created, be it Hiranandani Gardens in Powai or Hiranandani Meadows in Thane, the focus is on creating living spaces amidst greenery, and not merely include greenery in living spaces. The same has been replicated in Hiranandani Estate, Thane,” he added. “It is a very different lifestyle which will be enjoyed by residents who will live within the community, and share the experience called life – much like the experience of participating in the Hiranandani Thane Half Marathon 2016,” he said.
More than just health consciousness, the event also brings to the forefront the aspect of healthy living for not just Thaneites but for all residents of the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR). “Running solo or running in a group, all that matters is being healthy. I hope for all participants, this year’s HTHM 2016 will be a race well run,” concluded Niranjan Hiranandani.
- Dell Empowers India’s Youth with Technology-enabled Learning - 12 October, 2017
- Indo-German Economic Partnership to Boost Investments in India’s Food Processing ‘Value Chain’ Infrastructure - 10 October, 2017
- Eaton’s committed to Powering Communities in India : Craig Arnold - 10 October, 2017
- The Advaith Foundation Announces Eight Winners of the School Leadership Awards - 6 October, 2017
- Sony Pictures Networks Latest PSA Implores you to Serve your Nation by Maintaining a Discipline of Cleanliness - 29 September, 2017
- Azure Roof Power to Expand Electrification of Indian Railways - 28 September, 2017
- Hyundai Commences 3rd Phase of Safe Move – Traffic Safety Campaign - 27 September, 2017
- Solar Leadership Series – Greenlight Planet Sets Stage for Rapid Pay-as-you-go Solar Growth in India - 25 September, 2017
- Colgate-Palmolive (India) Limited, in Partnership with Water For People Launches Water Program in Amravati District, Maharashtra - 20 September, 2017
- UAE Exchange Nizamabad Steps Ahead for Rally for Rivers - 16 September, 2017