New Delhi, Delhi , India
LocalCircles (http://www.localcircles.com/), India’s leading citizen engagement platform today announced the roll out of an expanded national online community on the cause of Cancer. This, one of its kind online cancer community in the world, brings together cancer patients, cancer patients and their families, cancer experts, care givers, support organizations and the citizens of the country thereby creating an online community ecosystem to fight cancer, create awareness, sharing experiences, learning from each other and taking preventive measures to avoid cancer. Indian Cancer Society will serve as the founders for the circle while LocalCircles will make the circle available to all its existing members as well as anyone in India looking for cancer information and assistance.
“When someone is diagnosed with cancer, they or their family have a difficult time finding trusted information ,especially getting access to other people who are going through a similar condition or those who have won the battle against cancer”, said Sachin Taparia, Chairman and CEO, LocalCircles.
“With this circle, cancer patients and their families instantly have access to a community which is a source of trusted information as well as provides a support network to share experiences, exchange notes or meet up”, continued Taparia.
“Knowledge and experiences of cancer survivors, cancer experts, care givers can be very beneficial for current patients fighting cancer and for the citizens in becoming aware about Cancer”, said Jyotsna Govil, Hon. Secretary, Indian Cancer Society Delhi.
“In addition to this, the circle will also be utilized by the Indian Cancer Society to outreach and interact with the community, share information, organize events and to share Thought Leadership on the subject” Govil continued.
Anyone who is going through Cancer, their family members or anyone just interested in staying aware about Cancer is invited to join the circle through the following link :
About Indian Cancer Society
Indian Cancer Society was established in 1951 as India’s first voluntary, non-profit, National Organization for Awareness, Detection, Cure and Survivorship of those affected with this disease. ICS has been doing sterling work in fighting cancer across India. It has been and continues to be the beacon of hope for thousands of underprivileged cancer patients. The society is entirely dependent on public support for its various activities concerned with financing the treatment and rehabilitation of cancer patients and for spreading cancer awareness.
ICS provides for early detection of cancer through cancer detection centers and mobile cancer detection camps across India, especially for the underprivileged. They also provide funds for the treatment of cancer for poor cancer patients across India.
For more information, please visit: http://www.indiancancersociety.org/
- ofo, the World’s Largest Bicycle Sharing Platform, Contributes to Urban Mobility in Pune’s Magarpatta City - 9 March, 2018
- Dr. Madhu Chitkara Honoured with NIVEDITA Award for Service towards Women Empowerment on Account of International Women’s Day - 9 March, 2018
- Merck Launches their Merck Foundation and Mark International Women’s Day with First Lady of Niger - 9 March, 2018
- Plan India, Delegation of the European Union and Embassy of Finland Celebrate International Women’s Day 2018 in India under the Theme Economic Empowerment of Women - 7 March, 2018
- Merck Foundation Join Hands with the First Lady of The Gambia to Empower Infertile Women across Africa - 24 February, 2018
- Merck Foundation and Uganda Ministry of Health Continue their Support for the Heroines of ‘Merck More Than a Mother’ - 19 February, 2018
- Reverse Logistics Group Launches Clean to Green Campaign to Promote Responsible e-waste Recycling in India - 13 February, 2018
- UAE Exchange India Won Innov and Eminent Award 2017 for CSR - 23 January, 2018
- TechnipFMC in India Sponsors Jaipur Foot Camps in Partnership with the Rotary Club - 17 January, 2018
- NCCF Co-develops India’s Forest Management Certification Standard in Association with Ministries, Forest Departments, Industry and NGOs - 17 January, 2018