New Delhi, Delhi, India
In continuation to the brand reinvention of its IICE VODKA series, Jagatjit Industries Limited, one of India’s largest Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) company, has announced the launch of three video commercials with Kalki Koechlin, its brand ambassador. The videos address strong issues around freedom of speech, thought, privacy, prohibited love and surrogacy that reflects both the bold spirit of the brand and its chosen brand ambassador Kalki. While one of the videos will be released as a TVC, the other two will be released on digital channels only and across the brands’ social properties.
“Our new ad campaign is a true reflection of the personality of our highly talented actor/ director brand ambassador, Kalki Koechlin’s whose ahead-of-her-times, liberated, and experimental nature allows us to honestly address issues that lie at the heart of every society struggling to modernize. IICE Vodka celebrates the ‘I’, i.e. the individual and promotes being yourself, and living your life your way, making your own choices and always being fearless to face the future. Through these ads we’re trying to change the rhetoric that is generally employed by our segment. First by drawing attention to bold but relevant subject matter and secondly to the current law that bans liquor companies from advertising liquor, says Roshini Sanah Jaiswal, Chief Restructuring Officer at Jagatjit industries.
Jagatjit Industries recently re-branded its IICE Vodka series including its packaging and flavors. The bottle has been given an artsy makeover and the flavors re-christened to ‘Bare it All’ for the plain Vodka, ‘Undress the Orange’, ‘Bite the Apple’, and has introduced a new flavor called Kinky Chilli – ‘Feel the burn’. The new, chic design carries a reduced quantity of glass, thereby minimizing environmental impact.
Kalki Koechlin says, “There is a need to address issues head on if we wish to see a change. IICE Vodka’s bold, quirky, fearless and ready to face the future brand position is well articulated in these campaigns. I believe the brand will build a lot of loyalists among its consumers and I am excited to be part of this journey”.
The video campaign has been conceptualized by the in-house team of Jagatjit Industries, in association with Shiven Surendranath of Old School Films, who has produced and directed the film.
About IICE Vodka
IICE Vodka is manufactured from 100 % pure Grains and is triple distilled in a fully automated plant set up with Finnish technology adhering to all critical parameters in auto control loops. The product is mixed with select deep bore water after demineralization. The blend is further chilled and finally filtered through triple filtration system comprising of Carbon, Silver and Platinum impregnated Cartridges based on exclusive Russian Technology.
About Jagatjit Industries
Set up in 1944, Jagatjit Industries Limited, is one of the largest IMFL companies with an inception dating back to when India got its independence. The company manufactures the entire range of alcoholic beverages i.e. Whisky, Rum, Gin, Vodka & Brandy. The promise of JIL is to provide superior brands to customers at an affordable price. Ranked as the third largest IMFL producer in the country, JIL’s main focus lies in manufacturing, distribution, export, and sale of IMFL.
Internationally the company exports products to countries all over the world, such as UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka & Malaysia, U.K., Eastern European and African countries.
For more information, please visit http://www.jagatjit.com
About Kalki Koechlin
Kalki Koechlin is an Indian film actress of French descent who is known for her work in Hindi films.
Koechlin made her screen debut with a supporting role in 2009 critically acclaimed Dev.D, which earned her the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress. She subsequently featured in the commercially successful comedy-dramas Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011) and Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013), both ranked among one of the highest-grossing Bollywood films, and earned her two Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress nominations. She also worked as a co-screenwriter with her then husband Anurag Kashyap for That Girl in Yellow Boots and also starred in the movie.
Koechlin won The Best Actress Award At The Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival for her role in Margarita with a Straw (2014), which was the only Indian film to be screened at the festival, and was also the runner-up at Seattle International Film Festival for Best Actress. Other notable works include thriller film Shaitan (2011), My Friend Pinto (2011), the critically successful political thriller Shanghai (2012) and the romantic comedy Happy Ending (2014).
- ofo, the World’s Largest Bicycle Sharing Platform, Contributes to Urban Mobility in Pune’s Magarpatta City - 9 March, 2018
- Dr. Madhu Chitkara Honoured with NIVEDITA Award for Service towards Women Empowerment on Account of International Women’s Day - 9 March, 2018
- Merck Launches their Merck Foundation and Mark International Women’s Day with First Lady of Niger - 9 March, 2018
- Plan India, Delegation of the European Union and Embassy of Finland Celebrate International Women’s Day 2018 in India under the Theme Economic Empowerment of Women - 7 March, 2018
- Merck Foundation Join Hands with the First Lady of The Gambia to Empower Infertile Women across Africa - 24 February, 2018
- Merck Foundation and Uganda Ministry of Health Continue their Support for the Heroines of ‘Merck More Than a Mother’ - 19 February, 2018
- Reverse Logistics Group Launches Clean to Green Campaign to Promote Responsible e-waste Recycling in India - 13 February, 2018
- UAE Exchange India Won Innov and Eminent Award 2017 for CSR - 23 January, 2018
- TechnipFMC in India Sponsors Jaipur Foot Camps in Partnership with the Rotary Club - 17 January, 2018
- NCCF Co-develops India’s Forest Management Certification Standard in Association with Ministries, Forest Departments, Industry and NGOs - 17 January, 2018