Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Mindteck, a global technology company, today announced that it has implemented a smart parking pilot project at Connaught Place, C Block, New Delhi, for New Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC).
This innovative car occupancy detection solution uses both Wi-Fi camera with edge-based video analytics and battery-operated wireless sensors to capture car parking occupancy details, along with a date and time stamp. The sensors, which have multi-year battery life, were tested for Delhi’s extreme weather conditions.
The aggregated real-time parking availability information effortlessly integrates with any government-run and third party parking aggregator service via the Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). Service providers can also run analytics on real-time parking data for detecting any revenue leakages and implementing dynamic pricing models.
The solution includes a Smart Parking Mobile App that enables motorists to navigate and zero in on the nearest parking in real-time, resulting in reduced fuel consumption and carbon footprint.
“Connaught Place, as one of the most congested areas in Delhi, urgently needed a smart parking solution. Implementing this solution on a larger scale can help decongest and regularise unauthorised parking. Also, the provision for using video analytics serves as an added security feature,” commented Ms. Chanchal Yadav, IAS, Secretary – NDMC.
Yusuf Lanewala, Chairman and Managing Director, Mindteck, added, “We are very excited to have implemented India’s first smart parking solution pilot project using Wi-Fi cameras with an embedded video analytics server for parking detection. We are certain that this modernized parking solution will provide NDMC the much-needed, one-stop-solution to the city’s growing parking woes.”
NDMC is deliberating scaling up the Smart Parking solution in the entire Connaught Place area, in order to regulate ever-increasing parking demand and efficiently manage the parking lots.
About Mindteck (India) Limited
Mindteck is a global technology company that provides Product Engineering solutions and Information Technology services to top-tier Fortune 50-1000 companies, start-ups, leading universities and government entities. The company’s depth of knowledge and niche expertise in embedded systems and enterprise applications is complemented by dedicated Centers of Excellence in wireless design and storage testing. Office locations span the US, UK, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Netherlands, Germany, Bahrain and India. In addition, there are four development centers: US, Singapore and India (Kolkata and Bangalore). Mindteck is listed on both the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE 517344), as well as the National Stock Exchange. The company is among a select group of global companies appraised at Maturity Level 5, Version 1.3 of the CMMI Institute’s Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI). It is also a Founding Member of ‘The Atlas online’ (www.atlas.cid.harvard.edu) for the Center for International Development (CID) at Harvard University.
- Launch of Life Skills Program - 15 December, 2017
- American India Foundation (AIF) and Coca-Cola India Launches ‘SMS Mission Recycling’ to Sensitize School Children on Waste Management and Recycling - 15 December, 2017
- Aster Celebrates 30 Years of Quality Healthcare with a Year of Giving Back Initiatives - 15 December, 2017
- Curtain Raised for the 3rd Edition of Siddha Kiddathon - 9 December, 2017
- Mayors of Bengaluru and London Come Together to Help Cities across India and Worldwide Tackle Toxic Air Pollution - 6 December, 2017
- HelpMeSee to Demonstrate Eye Surgical Simulator at Comprehensive Cataract Conference 2017 - 22 November, 2017
- Kellogg India Pvt Ltd amongst Top 100 Best Companies for Women in India - 20 November, 2017
- Jagriti Sewa Sansthan and Coca-Cola India Announce the Winners of the Sustainable Enterprise Awards 2017 - 17 November, 2017
- Gleneagles Global Hospitals Hosts an Art Competition on Children’s Day to Increase Lung Cancer Awareness - 17 November, 2017
- ITC Limited – Hotels Division Conferred the 2017 Greenbuild Leadership Award by the U.S. Green Building Council for its Commitment to the Green Building Movement in India - 12 November, 2017