Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Mindteck, a global technology company, today announced that it has implemented a smart parking pilot project at Connaught Place, C Block, New Delhi, for New Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC).
This innovative car occupancy detection solution uses both Wi-Fi camera with edge-based video analytics and battery-operated wireless sensors to capture car parking occupancy details, along with a date and time stamp. The sensors, which have multi-year battery life, were tested for Delhi’s extreme weather conditions.
The aggregated real-time parking availability information effortlessly integrates with any government-run and third party parking aggregator service via the Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). Service providers can also run analytics on real-time parking data for detecting any revenue leakages and implementing dynamic pricing models.
The solution includes a Smart Parking Mobile App that enables motorists to navigate and zero in on the nearest parking in real-time, resulting in reduced fuel consumption and carbon footprint.
“Connaught Place, as one of the most congested areas in Delhi, urgently needed a smart parking solution. Implementing this solution on a larger scale can help decongest and regularise unauthorised parking. Also, the provision for using video analytics serves as an added security feature,” commented Ms. Chanchal Yadav, IAS, Secretary – NDMC.
Yusuf Lanewala, Chairman and Managing Director, Mindteck, added, “We are very excited to have implemented India’s first smart parking solution pilot project using Wi-Fi cameras with an embedded video analytics server for parking detection. We are certain that this modernized parking solution will provide NDMC the much-needed, one-stop-solution to the city’s growing parking woes.”
NDMC is deliberating scaling up the Smart Parking solution in the entire Connaught Place area, in order to regulate ever-increasing parking demand and efficiently manage the parking lots.
About Mindteck (India) Limited
Mindteck is a global technology company that provides Product Engineering solutions and Information Technology services to top-tier Fortune 50-1000 companies, start-ups, leading universities and government entities. The company’s depth of knowledge and niche expertise in embedded systems and enterprise applications is complemented by dedicated Centers of Excellence in wireless design and storage testing. Office locations span the US, UK, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Netherlands, Germany, Bahrain and India. In addition, there are four development centers: US, Singapore and India (Kolkata and Bangalore). Mindteck is listed on both the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE 517344), as well as the National Stock Exchange. The company is among a select group of global companies appraised at Maturity Level 5, Version 1.3 of the CMMI Institute’s Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI). It is also a Founding Member of ‘The Atlas online’ (www.atlas.cid.harvard.edu) for the Center for International Development (CID) at Harvard University.
- Dinesh Shahra Foundation Conducts Special Health Checkup Camp for Cattle - 3 August, 2017
- Shri Uddhav Thackeray Does Ground Breaking Ceremony of Grand Central Park, Thane - 1 August, 2017
- Mr. Soumitro Chakraborty – CEO, Fiinovation Awarded ‘Most Admired Leader for CSR & Sustainability 2017’ - 21 July, 2017
- VIBGYOR High Model United Nations 2017 Debates the Crucial Issue of Climate Change - 3 July, 2017
- Women in Rural India Register Dramatic Gains in Nutrition, Food Security - 28 June, 2017
- Wipro, First Book Bring New Books to Indianapolis Area Kids in Need - 22 June, 2017
- Snapdeal Ties Up with The National Book Trust, India - 20 June, 2017
- ITC Limited Wins the Prestigious Porter Prize 2017 in Two Categories – Excellence in Corporate Governance and Integration and Creating Shared Value - 26 May, 2017
- Microfinance Organization Grameen Koota has received the ISC-FICCI 2017 Award for Best Financial Accessibility for Sanitation - 28 April, 2017
- UN Global Compact Kicks Off Annual Conference in New Delhi, with More than 300 Global Business and Civil Society Leaders - 27 April, 2017