Kochi, Kerala, India
UAE Exchange India has always been in the forefront to support and encourage talented people, especially the young gen. Ms. Pooja Prem, a 14-year-old student of Kendriya Vidyalaya, has attempted for Guinness World Record, Limca Book of Records, URF and Record Setter USA with the support of UAE Exchange, India. She has attempted to enter the records by continuously singing 36 songs in 32 different languages, and all the songs were sung by heart. Ms. Pooja sung in 32 different languages including Armenian, Spanish, Portugese, Arabic, German, French, Malaya, Punjabi, Marathi, Bengali, Kannada, Telegu, Sanskrit and Malayalam in a spectacular function organised by UAE Exchange India on June 12, 2016, at Ernakulam Town Hall.
When twenty songs were sung, Ms. Pooja set the Asian record and she achieved the recognition of URF [Universal Record Forum] World Records and Record Setter, USA when she completed thirty songs. The official of the records were present at the venue, the event was recorded live and the event was witnessed by more than 500 people. For the past 2 years, Ms. Pooja has been trying out her best to achieve the valued Guinness World Record. She knows by heart around 600 songs from various languages.
UAE Exchange India MD, Mr. V George Antony inaugurated the event. Cochin Corporation Dy. Mayor, Mr. T J Vinod, Health Standing Committee Chairperson Adv. Minimol, MLA Hybi Eden & P T Thomas were present for the function.
The officials present at the venue announced that Ms. Pooja has successfully attempted and won the URF and Record Setter at the venue itself. The trophy of URF records was handed over to Ms. Pooja by Mr. V George Antony.
Speaking on the occasion Mr. Antony said “It is an opportunity for us to be part of this great occasion. We have never partnered with any record attempts before and this is special. This child is talented and I am sure she will reach great heights in the years to come.”
The event started at 6 pm in the evening and came to a close by 9 pm. Ms. Pooja sang the songs non-stop, without any major breaks, except for the announcements and speaking about the song to be sung.
- United Way Mumbai and Coca-Cola India Join Hands to Organize Beach Clean-up Drives Under ‘Clean Shores Mumbai’ Initiative - 27 June, 2018
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation hosts panel discussion on ‘Making Markets work for the Poor’ - 21 June, 2018
- Dosti Realty Spreads Awareness Through Their Tree Plantation Drive at Dosti West County - 7 June, 2018
- Siddha Group Launches World Environment Day Initiative in Association With Kolkata Municipal Corporation - 7 June, 2018
- Tata Starbucks Reinforces Its Commitment to Sustainability - 5 June, 2018
- GEF Capital Partners to Be the Catalyst for ESDS’ Growth Ambitions - 5 June, 2018
- USISPF Launches CEO Water Alliance - 5 June, 2018
- Social Entrepreneurs Amar and Payal Tulsiyan, Co-Founders of Menstrual Hygiene Awareness Initiative the Niine Movement, Receive Partners in Health Award at FOGSI International Women’s Health Summit - 4 June, 2018
- Sanjib Datta Takes Over as Managing Director of Mahanagar Gas Limited - 4 June, 2018
- Nicotex Partners With BEST in Its Journey for Becoming Tobacco Free Workplace - 31 May, 2018