Research & Development Project by KPIT & Central Institute of Road Transport (CIRT) supported by Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH)
New Delhi, Delhi , India
Hon. Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi flagged off the Smart Electric Bus, an indigenous technology developed by the India headquartered global technology company, KPIT (BSE: 532400, NSE: KPIT), at the Indian Parliament on the 21st of December. This project was initiated by India’s Minister of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) Shri. Nitin Gadkari.
Central Institute of Road Transport (CIRT) partnered for this project to validate and ensure that the electric bus technology is safe, reliable, and well suited for Indian road conditions. This initiative is inspired by Shri. Gadkari’s call to the industry and research organizations to develop indigenous, innovative and pollution free public transport for India. KPIT’s Smart Electric Bus enables clean mobility and is aligned with the Indian government’s initiatives of Make in India, Smart Cities and Swachh Bharat.
This full electric system for buses can be deployed to create new intelligent electric buses, as well as convert existing conventional fuel buses. It is a versatile system and a variety of existing bus types can be converted to electric buses. KPIT has 20+ global patents for this technology.
Two such buses will be presented to the Indian Parliament for its members to experience green & intelligent technology. This is a step towards reducing Delhi’s pollution.
Speaking at the event, Shri Nitin Gadkari, Minister of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India, said,
“With rising pollution levels and growing urbanization in the country, the government is committed to identifying and promoting sustainable solutions to make public transportation environment friendly while keeping it affordable. It is our effort to convert 1.5 lakh diesel buses into electric battery-operated buses, and we believe this Smart Electric Bus technology is an effective step toward that direction. This technology can be a potential game-changer for putting the ‘Make in India’ label on the world map.”
Commenting on the occasion, Ravi Pandit, Co-Founder, Chairman & Group CEO of KPIT said,
“KPIT is focused on enabling green and intelligent public transportation in India. Our indigenously built Intelligent Transport Solution (ITS) is implemented in 4000+ buses and running in 19 states in India. The Smart Electric Bus showcased today is a robust pollution-free and affordable public transportation system that can be deployed at a very large scale across India. Through such technologies we are very happy to contribute in the Government’s vision for Smart Cities and Make in India.”
About KPIT Technologies Ltd.
Headquartered in India, KPIT (BSE:532400, NSE: KPIT) is a global technology company focused on providing technology solutions and expertise to Automotive & Transportation Companies, Government bodies, Energy & Utility companies and City authorities. With revenues of over INR 3,000 Crores, KPIT has been recognized as one of the fastest growing companies by leading analysts and consulting companies. Providing Engineering & Software expertise to marque global customers over two decades, KPIT has developed robust, Indigenous solutions to make Indian cities cleaner, safer & smarter and operations of city/transport/utility authorities more efficient.
To know more, please visit : www.kpit.com
- Launch of Life Skills Program - 15 December, 2017
- American India Foundation (AIF) and Coca-Cola India Launches ‘SMS Mission Recycling’ to Sensitize School Children on Waste Management and Recycling - 15 December, 2017
- Aster Celebrates 30 Years of Quality Healthcare with a Year of Giving Back Initiatives - 15 December, 2017
- Curtain Raised for the 3rd Edition of Siddha Kiddathon - 9 December, 2017
- Mayors of Bengaluru and London Come Together to Help Cities across India and Worldwide Tackle Toxic Air Pollution - 6 December, 2017
- HelpMeSee to Demonstrate Eye Surgical Simulator at Comprehensive Cataract Conference 2017 - 22 November, 2017
- Kellogg India Pvt Ltd amongst Top 100 Best Companies for Women in India - 20 November, 2017
- Jagriti Sewa Sansthan and Coca-Cola India Announce the Winners of the Sustainable Enterprise Awards 2017 - 17 November, 2017
- Gleneagles Global Hospitals Hosts an Art Competition on Children’s Day to Increase Lung Cancer Awareness - 17 November, 2017
- ITC Limited – Hotels Division Conferred the 2017 Greenbuild Leadership Award by the U.S. Green Building Council for its Commitment to the Green Building Movement in India - 12 November, 2017