India’s top shuttler and World no.2 Saina Nehwal today joined hands with Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) India, a non-profit organization, to lend support to the flood victims of Chennai and other parts of Tamil Nadu.
Saina Nehwal, Indian badminton player, said :
“My heart goes out to those devastated by the floods in Chennai and other parts of Tamil Nadu. Together we can save many lives. Support Charities Aid Foundation India’s initiative of providing relief and rehabilitation to the affected people.’’
Despite her busy schedule and her preparations for the BWF Dubai World Superseries Finals, the star player took time out to lend her support for the people of Tamil Nadu in this hour of crisis.
On the top Indian shuttler’s association with Tamil Nadu Flood Relief appeal, Meenakshi Batra, CEO, CAF India, said :
‘’This is a very kind and timely gesture from one of India’s top sportsmen. Saina Nehwal has always made all of us proud whenever the country needed her. Yet again, she has stepped in when the people of Tamil Nadu needed her. Her support to this appeal will mean a lot and will help in providing relief and rehabilitation to the devastated people.’’
The death toll in Chennai and other parts of Tamil Nadu is close to 300 and reports of more rains by the Met department can only mean more bad news for the already-affected people.
Just fresh from donating rupees two lakhs for the flood-affected people, Saina’s gesture to lend her support to this cause is commendable. Appealing to everyone to support the victims, Saina added,
‘’I am deeply saddened. So many have died but together we can still save many lives. I appeal to everyone to donate for the people of Tamil Nadu by logging onto www.cafindia.org.’’
CAF India, which is working to make giving more effective and NGOs more successful, has been working with local partners and NGOs in Tamil Nadu to assess the ground realities and provide relief to affected population.
The nature of support will be both immediate (relief-medical, food, shelter etc.) as well as long term (rehabilitation), considering the magnitude of damage caused at different locations.
CAF India has set up an online donation to collect organizational as well as individual contributions. In addition, one can send a DD/cheque in favour of ‘Charities Aid Foundation India’.
Many socially responsible corporate partners, including Castrol India, Herbalife Family Foundation, GSK Consumer Healthcare India, Symantec, among others have already pledged to support the Tamil Nadu Flood Relief campaign.
Meenakshi Batra, CEO, CAF India, adds,
‘’Help has been pouring in from various quarters. Extraordinary times require extraordinary help and effort. We thank the corporate partners who have come forward to support this cause. This is a time to show we can be there for our fellow countrymen. Let us all pledge to reach out to the people of Tamil Nadu in this hour of need.’’
Indian Football captain Sunil Chhetri had earlier lent his support for CAF India’s Himalayan Earthquake Disaster Response appeal in which a substantial amount of funds were raised for the victims of the earthquake
- India to gear up for Industrial Internet Of Things (IIoT) revolution - 11 July, 2018
- Gurugram & Delhi students secure 1st position in International Robotronics Competition - 28 June, 2018
- TechnipFMC India CSR Initiative Seed of Hope Wins Special Recognition From UN Global Compact Network India (GCNI) - 26 June, 2018
- An Effective Team is the Key to Success and Mobility of a Firm - 26 June, 2018
- Shankar Mahadevan Academy associates with Maharashtra Mandal Singapore - 25 June, 2018
- KPIT Awarded the FKCCI CSR Awards 2018 for CSR Excellence in Basic Education - 22 June, 2018
- Dabur to Promote Yoga, Ayurveda among Youth on International Yoga Day - 20 June, 2018
- Evergen and Airlabs announce World’s first Clean Air Zone “AirHavn”– to demonstrate an innovative new technology to clean air pollution in Delhi - 14 June, 2018
- World Environment Day Celebration with Rays-Ek Asha Ki Kiran (NGO) - 7 June, 2018
- Certificates distributed to successful trainees of PMKVY- RPL in Agriculture by Shri Rajiv Pratap Rudy at Chhapra, Bihar - 1 June, 2018