Ghaziabad : Renowned realty major Saya Group in association with the Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA), today successfully conducted the first day of it’s two day cleanliness drive in Indirapuram and adjoining areas in a radius of 10 Kms. The drive was conducted under the Uttar Pradesh government’s ‘Green UP, Clean UP’ initiative. The program was conducted through a unique idea wherein a number was circulated and people could click pictures of garbage in their area followed by sending the image over Whatsapp on that number with the location added with it.
On the first day of this drive, cleanliness activities were conducted across Indirapuram from 9 AM to 8 PM wherein garbage was collected and the areas cleaned across 16 pre – identified areas. In addition to this, whenever residents shared pictures of spots which needed to be cleaned, workers were sent over for the purpose. Close to 700 people from GDA participated in the event alongside the employees of Saya Group. Also present were participants from the Safai Muhim NGO who helped cover the entire area. Several high ranking GDA officials, including Vijay Yadav ( Vice – Chairman) were personally present to inspect the drive. More than half of the area identified to be cleaned under this drive has been attended to today. People were enthusiastic towards this drive being conducted in their locality.
Sharing his views on this noble initiative, Vikas Bhasin, managing director of Saya Group, said “An area is inhabitable only if the surrounding environment is clean and healthy and for this you need to maintain cleanliness in the areas around you. The purpose of this drive is not only to maintain cleanliness but also to spread awareness about it’s importance. We would also like to thank the GDA and it’s officials who gave us the permission to conduct this drive and all the residents who actively participated in it.”
The chief guest of the event, Vijay Yadav, Vice – Chairman, GDA, said “The motive of this drive is to spread the message of unity and how together we can work towards keeping our city clean along with spreading the awareness towards the same. The way Saya Group has took this noble step in bringing so many people on a common platform is very much praiseworthy. The authority has always been very supportive towards such initiatives and would like to encourage others to keep taking steps in this direction.”
- Deepalaya School, Gusbethi Inaugurates Infrastructure Development Project for Extension of School Building - 16 July, 2018
- The Unchanged circle rates in Noida twin cities - 13 July, 2018
- India to gear up for Industrial Internet Of Things (IIoT) revolution - 11 July, 2018
- Gurugram & Delhi students secure 1st position in International Robotronics Competition - 28 June, 2018
- TechnipFMC India CSR Initiative Seed of Hope Wins Special Recognition From UN Global Compact Network India (GCNI) - 26 June, 2018
- An Effective Team is the Key to Success and Mobility of a Firm - 26 June, 2018
- Shankar Mahadevan Academy associates with Maharashtra Mandal Singapore - 25 June, 2018
- KPIT Awarded the FKCCI CSR Awards 2018 for CSR Excellence in Basic Education - 22 June, 2018
- Dabur to Promote Yoga, Ayurveda among Youth on International Yoga Day - 20 June, 2018
- Evergen and Airlabs announce World’s first Clean Air Zone “AirHavn”– to demonstrate an innovative new technology to clean air pollution in Delhi - 14 June, 2018