Embarking on F.Y. 2016-17, SCTE India started with a bang by announcing a new power-packed governing council. The initiative was taken on the recommendation of Mike Jones, Vice President from SCTE in UK and Rahul Nehra –National Secretary and supported by the President, Vice President and all the founder members.
The renowned leaders joining the endeavor are :
- Mr. Vivek Garg- Head (DTH Business)- Reliance Big TV Limited.
- Mr. Rajat Nigam- Group Chief Technology Officer- Network18 Media & Investments Ltd.
- Mr. N K Mohapatra- Chief Executive Officer- Electronics Sector Skills Council of India.
- Mr. Sandeep Bhargava- Executive Vice President- Corporate Affairs and Public Policy- Vodafone India Limited.
- Mr. Gurdeep Singh Bakshi- Managing Director – Asia Pacific- PPC Broadband Inc.
- Mr. Shaji Mathews- Chief Operating Officer- GTPL-Hathway Pvt. Ltd.
Rahul Nehra, National Secretary, while welcoming the Governing Council said – “SCTE stands to play a pivotal role in emerging Digital India from a skilling and innovation perspective and the new governing council will be the defining light of the efforts going forward.”
Adding to this, Rajat Nigam, Network18 Media & Investments Ltd said – “SCTE deserves salutation for diving technology enhancement and culture in the industry. I am happy to be a part of the campaign. Today innovation is a tradition that needs to be adhered to continue the fast paced tech journey enhancing the user experience”
The SCTE society has further made the following three sub-committees with a Chairman and a Co-Chair to each committee which will together address and align the needs of the Industry and the society’s vision and current set of activities and possibilities. The committees so formed are :
- Training, Innovation, Standards and Technology Committee.
- Industry Relationships Committee.
- Memberships & Member Relations Committee.
Specific goals for this year include developing technical skills in the digital space, collaborating with the policy makers to fast-track innovation and learning, driving standards in the echo-system, adopting innovation and bringing the best of Asia and Europe to the upcoming SCTE India Awards. Also, the Society has planned to launch its own India Broadband Journal which will be a quarterly released thought leader magazine in technology related offerings in the cable and broadband world.
“This shall enable focus on the needs of the broadband sector and help build relationships with various stakeholders in the government and industry and create a right policy environment”- said Sandeep Bhargava, Chairman of Industry Relationships Committee.
For additional updates, follow SCTE India on Facebook at https://facebook.com/scteindia, Twitter at https://twitter.com/scteindia and Linkedin at https://linkedin.com/company/scte-india/ or visit www.scteindia.org
About SCTE™ (http://www.thescte.eu/ ) and SCTE India (www.scteindia.org)
Founded in 1945, the SCTE™ is a Learned Society and non-profit making organization whose aim is to raise the standard of broadband engineering in the telecommunications industry. The Society particularly concerns itself with the training and career advancement of technical professionals in the field.
Headquartered in Watford (U.K.), the SCTE is a global non-profit organization that is managed by elected volunteers from the broadband industry. The SCTE offers engineers, technicians, installers and professionals involved in broadband telecommunications access to a wide array of professional development opportunities, such as training courses, technical lecture meetings, conferences, exhibitions, accreditation and certification. It also disseminates the latest technical and standards data to members electronically and via the Society’s quarterly magazine, Broadband Journal.
In addition, the Society chairs the British Standards Committee for Cable Systems and represents the U.K. at European (CENELEC) and world (IEC) levels. Apart from the U.K., the SCTE has active groups all around the world, notably in India and in the Benelux and Balkan regions. Individual members can be found in 42 countries globally with a concentration in traditional PAL TV areas, such as Europe, China, Australia and South Africa. SCTE training courses have achieved industrywide acceptance as the standard for young technicians wishing to enter the field of broadband telecommunications. Courses are also used by many international organizations.
SCTE India is based in New Delhi and led by nine founding members from the Indian telecoms industry. Like the SCTE, SCTE India is an educational society designed to promote expertise, exchange of information and experience and the training and accreditation of members. Membership of SCTE India is open to all wireline engineers and technicians throughout the Indian sub-continent.
- Dinesh Shahra Foundation Conducts Special Health Checkup Camp for Cattle - 3 August, 2017
- Shri Uddhav Thackeray Does Ground Breaking Ceremony of Grand Central Park, Thane - 1 August, 2017
- Mr. Soumitro Chakraborty – CEO, Fiinovation Awarded ‘Most Admired Leader for CSR & Sustainability 2017’ - 21 July, 2017
- VIBGYOR High Model United Nations 2017 Debates the Crucial Issue of Climate Change - 3 July, 2017
- Women in Rural India Register Dramatic Gains in Nutrition, Food Security - 28 June, 2017
- Wipro, First Book Bring New Books to Indianapolis Area Kids in Need - 22 June, 2017
- Snapdeal Ties Up with The National Book Trust, India - 20 June, 2017
- ITC Limited Wins the Prestigious Porter Prize 2017 in Two Categories – Excellence in Corporate Governance and Integration and Creating Shared Value - 26 May, 2017
- Microfinance Organization Grameen Koota has received the ISC-FICCI 2017 Award for Best Financial Accessibility for Sanitation - 28 April, 2017
- UN Global Compact Kicks Off Annual Conference in New Delhi, with More than 300 Global Business and Civil Society Leaders - 27 April, 2017