New Delhi : Shiv Nadar University, India’s leading research-oriented, multidisciplinary university,today announced the launch of the iGlobal MBA Program. The two-year program is specifically architected to create global leaders. Shiv Nadar University’s School of Management and Entrepreneurship (SME) will be offeringthe MBA programme in the academic session commencing in July, 2016.
The postgraduate management program’s curriculum is designed by distinguished faculty from Shiv Nadar University, Harvard Business School, The Haas School of Business, U.C. Berkeley and IIM Calcutta. It is benchmarked against the best MBA programs in the world.With the benefit of global exposure before they graduate – via semesters abroad at prestigious partner universities, overseas internships and projects, distinguished visiting faculty and a unique cross-cultural leadership curriculum, SNU’s MBA graduates will be equipped with the knowledge and competencies they need to flourish in the digital age no matter where they choose to live and work in the world.
Dr. Shubhro Sen, Director, School of Management and Entrepreneurship said, “The iGlobal MBA program is centered on success in a technology disrupted, rapidly changing global business environment and the many exciting placement options available to those with the requisite training. “I” is being used as a prefix to emphasize a focus on technology preparedness, analytics and digital literacy. It also emphasizes on individual development, creativity and entrepreneurial leadership capacity. The curriculum includes personalized strength assessments and coaching as well as the flexibility to develop deep specializations and career tracks in multiple high demand areas. This two-year program is specifically designed to create global leaders who are critical thinkers and are able to work both independently and collaboratively. We envision that each of our students will develop a worldview and most importantly, have the right attitude, knowledge and skills to succeed in demanding 21st-century careers.”
Dr. Sen further added that, “The USP of our iGlobal program is its multidisciplinary foundation.Our MBA program offers the candidates a very rich suite of electives. As such, people can acquire further depth in hot technology areas like big data and predictive analytics in our Schools of engineering and Natural Sciences or take social science electives directly with scholars in our School of Humanities and the Social Sciences.”
The cross cultural leadership curriculum of the program has been contextualized to the needs of a rapidly developing economy. With its emphasis on a required foundation that allows ‘thinking in eco-systems’, the SME curriculum incorporates global political economy and business history to enable an integrated view of business, society and technology. Additionally,SME will work intensively to provide global placement opportunities to its students.
Details about 2016 admissions :
The admissions for the programme will begin on April 15, 2016 and the first batch will commence in July, 2016. The selection and admission criteria are as follows –
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA from any of the recognized universities, deemed universities, institutes of national importance or from a professional body including ICAI, ICSI, ICWAI, etc.
- Admissions to the MBA program will be based on a comprehensive evaluation of multiple factors that include past academic performance and achievements, relevant work experience, written and verbal communication skills, noteworthy skills and initiatives taken and the score in Shiv Nadar University Management Admission Test (SMAT).
- Applicants will be required to appear for the Business Aptitude Test (BAT), and appear for a personal interview.
- The scores of CAT/GMAT/XAT/NMAT will also be considered for shortlisting of candidates for the interview.
- Interested candidates can apply if they are awaiting the result of their final year.
iGlobal SME MBA Highlight :
• Cross cultural leadership curriculum –
- Systems thinking; Global Political economy
- Global Internships –industry exposure
- Semesters abroad at Duke University, Babson College, Carnegie Mellon and Peking University
- Global faculty
- Overseas placement opportunities
- Foreign language options- Mandarin, Spanish
• Technology and the Digital economy –
- New Disruptive technologies [ lab driven]
- The Digital Strategist & Program Manager
• Advanced specialization overlay –
- Entrepreneurial leadership*
- Financial Engineering – Quantitative Finance& Trading
- E-commerce and Digital Marketing -DPMO
- Data Science and Predictive Analytics
- Sustainability & Environmental leadership
• Personalized leadership development –
- Psychometric & Behavioral assessments
- Creativity & Innovation
- Contemplative Practices
Critical and Strategic Thinking
- Coaching and Mentoring
• Active Experiential learning projects
About Shiv Nadar University
Shiv Nadar University (www.snu.edu.in) is an international multi-disciplinary, research university located in Greater Noida in India’s National Capital Region. It is a private philanthropic institution established by the Shiv Nadar Foundation in 2011 through an act of the State of Uttar Pradesh. The University’s mission is to develop and educate the leaders of tomorrow; to support research, scholarly and creative endeavors that contribute to the creation of new knowledge; and to create research and teaching programs that tackle the most pressing problems of India and the global community. The University offers a full range of academic programs at the undergraduate, post-graduate and doctoral level.
About Shiv Nadar Foundation
The Shiv Nadar Foundation (www.ShivNadarFoundation.org) has been established by Shiv Nadar, Founder, HCL – a $7 billion leading global technology and IT enterprise, with over 105,000 employees across 31 countries. Founded in 1976, HCL is one of India’s original IT garage start-ups and offers diverse business aligned technology solutions spanning the entire hardware and software spectrum, to a focused range of industry verticals.
The Foundation is committed to the creation of a more equitable, merit-based society by empowering individuals to bridge the socio-economic divide. To that purpose the Foundation is focused on the underdeveloped disciplinary areas in India related to transformational education, creativity and art.
The Foundation set up the SSN Institutions (www.SSN.edu.in) in 1996, comprising the SSN College of Engineering, atop-ranked private engineering collegein Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The Foundation has also set up VidyaGyan, a residential leadership academy for meritorious rural children, at Bulandshar and Sitapur in Uttar Pradesh. In addition, the Foundation runs the Shiv Nadar School (www.shivnadarschool.edu.in), a network of progressive urban schools across India aimed to provide children with education that creates lifelong learners. The Foundation has also set up the Kiran Nadar Museum of Art (www.knma.in), India’s largest private philanthropic museum in modern and contemporary art with the vision to take art to the common public.
- Deepalaya School, Gusbethi Inaugurates Infrastructure Development Project for Extension of School Building - 16 July, 2018
- The Unchanged circle rates in Noida twin cities - 13 July, 2018
- India to gear up for Industrial Internet Of Things (IIoT) revolution - 11 July, 2018
- Gurugram & Delhi students secure 1st position in International Robotronics Competition - 28 June, 2018
- TechnipFMC India CSR Initiative Seed of Hope Wins Special Recognition From UN Global Compact Network India (GCNI) - 26 June, 2018
- An Effective Team is the Key to Success and Mobility of a Firm - 26 June, 2018
- Shankar Mahadevan Academy associates with Maharashtra Mandal Singapore - 25 June, 2018
- KPIT Awarded the FKCCI CSR Awards 2018 for CSR Excellence in Basic Education - 22 June, 2018
- Dabur to Promote Yoga, Ayurveda among Youth on International Yoga Day - 20 June, 2018
- Evergen and Airlabs announce World’s first Clean Air Zone “AirHavn”– to demonstrate an innovative new technology to clean air pollution in Delhi - 14 June, 2018