Snapdeal Sunshine, a CSR initiative run by Snapdeal, announced the launch of ‘HarHaathEkKitaab’ campaign, in partnership with The National Book Trust (NBT). The campaign is a nationwide online books donation drive especially targeting underprivileged children, and aims at inculcating a reading habit among them. Snapdeal’s partnership with the NBT is the first time the latter has come on-board an e-commerce platform.
As a part of the campaign, Snapdeal will encourage its customers to buy and donate books published by the National Book Trust India. People can choose to donate anywhere between 10 to 2000 books by simply visiting https://www.snapdeal.com/offers/har-haath-ek-kitaab and clicking on the donation plan one prefers. The average price of the books available is approximately Rs. 25. Books in Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu and English are available for the first phase of the campaign. NBT will dispatch books to NGOs across India working towards educating India’s underprivileged children including Teach for India, Goonj, Bhumi, Aarti, Idea, Impact, 17000 ft, Books For All, Turnstone Global, Guzarish, Educate Girls, PYDS, Pratham, Vimukti Sansthan, Deepalaya, Shikshanandan and the Indian Dreams Foundation.
Rajnish Wahi, Sr. V.P Corporate Affairs and Communications said, “We are proud to partner with National Book Trust for #HarHaathEkKitaab and are confident that the books donated via the campaign will enrich the lives of many young children. Snapdeal Sunshine is committed to making a difference to the Indian society and this partnership is just another step in the same direction.”
Shri Baldeo Bhai Sharma, Chairman, National Book Trust, India said, “On the occasion of 60 years’ celebration of promoting reading culture in the country, we have joined hands with Snapdeal for a noble cause. We are confident that this program will inspire people to donate books to enhance the knowledge of children and shape their future in a better way.”
To make the most of the program and reach the target goal of donating 50,000 books, NBT will also be offering a 23.5% discount on all the books thus making way for greater contributions.
For more details please visit https://www.snapdeal.com/offers/har-haath-ek-kitaab
- Dell Empowers India’s Youth with Technology-enabled Learning - 12 October, 2017
- Indo-German Economic Partnership to Boost Investments in India’s Food Processing ‘Value Chain’ Infrastructure - 10 October, 2017
- Eaton’s committed to Powering Communities in India : Craig Arnold - 10 October, 2017
- The Advaith Foundation Announces Eight Winners of the School Leadership Awards - 6 October, 2017
- Sony Pictures Networks Latest PSA Implores you to Serve your Nation by Maintaining a Discipline of Cleanliness - 29 September, 2017
- Azure Roof Power to Expand Electrification of Indian Railways - 28 September, 2017
- Hyundai Commences 3rd Phase of Safe Move – Traffic Safety Campaign - 27 September, 2017
- Solar Leadership Series – Greenlight Planet Sets Stage for Rapid Pay-as-you-go Solar Growth in India - 25 September, 2017
- Colgate-Palmolive (India) Limited, in Partnership with Water For People Launches Water Program in Amravati District, Maharashtra - 20 September, 2017
- UAE Exchange Nizamabad Steps Ahead for Rally for Rivers - 16 September, 2017