Snapdeal Sunshine, a CSR initiative run by Snapdeal, announced the launch of ‘HarHaathEkKitaab’ campaign, in partnership with The National Book Trust (NBT). The campaign is a nationwide online books donation drive especially targeting underprivileged children, and aims at inculcating a reading habit among them. Snapdeal’s partnership with the NBT is the first time the latter has come on-board an e-commerce platform.
As a part of the campaign, Snapdeal will encourage its customers to buy and donate books published by the National Book Trust India. People can choose to donate anywhere between 10 to 2000 books by simply visiting https://www.snapdeal.com/offers/har-haath-ek-kitaab and clicking on the donation plan one prefers. The average price of the books available is approximately Rs. 25. Books in Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu and English are available for the first phase of the campaign. NBT will dispatch books to NGOs across India working towards educating India’s underprivileged children including Teach for India, Goonj, Bhumi, Aarti, Idea, Impact, 17000 ft, Books For All, Turnstone Global, Guzarish, Educate Girls, PYDS, Pratham, Vimukti Sansthan, Deepalaya, Shikshanandan and the Indian Dreams Foundation.
Rajnish Wahi, Sr. V.P Corporate Affairs and Communications said, “We are proud to partner with National Book Trust for #HarHaathEkKitaab and are confident that the books donated via the campaign will enrich the lives of many young children. Snapdeal Sunshine is committed to making a difference to the Indian society and this partnership is just another step in the same direction.”
Shri Baldeo Bhai Sharma, Chairman, National Book Trust, India said, “On the occasion of 60 years’ celebration of promoting reading culture in the country, we have joined hands with Snapdeal for a noble cause. We are confident that this program will inspire people to donate books to enhance the knowledge of children and shape their future in a better way.”
To make the most of the program and reach the target goal of donating 50,000 books, NBT will also be offering a 23.5% discount on all the books thus making way for greater contributions.
For more details please visit https://www.snapdeal.com/offers/har-haath-ek-kitaab
- Launch of Life Skills Program - 15 December, 2017
- American India Foundation (AIF) and Coca-Cola India Launches ‘SMS Mission Recycling’ to Sensitize School Children on Waste Management and Recycling - 15 December, 2017
- Aster Celebrates 30 Years of Quality Healthcare with a Year of Giving Back Initiatives - 15 December, 2017
- Curtain Raised for the 3rd Edition of Siddha Kiddathon - 9 December, 2017
- Mayors of Bengaluru and London Come Together to Help Cities across India and Worldwide Tackle Toxic Air Pollution - 6 December, 2017
- HelpMeSee to Demonstrate Eye Surgical Simulator at Comprehensive Cataract Conference 2017 - 22 November, 2017
- Kellogg India Pvt Ltd amongst Top 100 Best Companies for Women in India - 20 November, 2017
- Jagriti Sewa Sansthan and Coca-Cola India Announce the Winners of the Sustainable Enterprise Awards 2017 - 17 November, 2017
- Gleneagles Global Hospitals Hosts an Art Competition on Children’s Day to Increase Lung Cancer Awareness - 17 November, 2017
- ITC Limited – Hotels Division Conferred the 2017 Greenbuild Leadership Award by the U.S. Green Building Council for its Commitment to the Green Building Movement in India - 12 November, 2017