Vanshika, Noorjahan, Jyoti, Noorie and Deepika : our 5 first Tara Girls are officially transferred by the Child Welfare Committee.
The girls put on a big show for the opening of their home and it’s more than 150 guests who gathered in front of the gates of Tara Girls in the evening of Monday, October 26th.
Mrs. Preeti Sudan, representing Mrs. Maneka Gandhi, the Indian Minister for Women and Children officially cut the ribbon, opening the doors of Tara Girls.
A celebration with great fanfare :
- 150 guests – most of whom arrived early – panic in the ship as the baby stars were still dressing up!
- 45 (over excited) children.
- 7,000 km traveled by some of our French trustees who especially for the occasion.
- 30 volunteers.
- 25 members of staff, a dream team to work with who received a standing ovation from the audience.
- 20 kilos of chopped vegetables, representing six hours of work for two volunteers.
- 10 kilos of rice.
- 17 kilos of cooked chicken.
- Sweat and stress in the air but more important.
- Thousands of smiles.
Prestigious guests : Mrs. Preeti Sudan, representing Ms. Maneka Gandhi, Minister for Women and Children in India. The emotion levels raised in the audience when our Guest of Honour explained she visited many children’s homes but she had never seen children as happy as they seem to be at Tara. H. E. Mr. François Richier, French Ambassador for India. Mr. Asif Iqbal, representing the Child Welfare Committee, who in his speech praised Tara as a successful model for many other organizations. Mrs. Sarita Kanojia, (District Child Protection Officer), Mrs. Shambhu (Resident Welfare Association) who proposed the help of all the neighbours and felt that having Tara Girls round their corner is an opportunity for the inhabitants to take their part in promotingsocial justice.
Sponsors without whom Tara Girls would no exist
- Alstom Foundation
- Abdessalam Foundation
- Go Philantropic — especially Ghada and Igor
- HRA Pharma
- Main tendue
- Saint Gobain
- Talents et Partage
Sophie and Chloe Thobie, for funding the meal that evening from the sale of home-made bracelets in France by Chloé, aged 16! Tara crosses borders thanks to your commitment.
As for the girls, they were radiant and graceful, extremely proud to show their new home, acting as guides.
The whole Tara team thank you now and always for helping us to build a better future for the children.
And stay tuned, we will soon show you the newcomers to Tara Girls.
the dance performance presented for the event by the Tara Girls
- Crixfeed is live now - 18 March, 2018
- Dabur adopts, revamps Chapaguri Govt School in Tezpur - 15 March, 2018
- Free Health Camp & Medicine Distribution by Emaar India for Colonnade site labourers - 14 March, 2018
- Paramount Golf Foreste bags first prize in Greater Noida Flower Show by GNIDA - 14 March, 2018
- Emaar India commemorates 47th National Safety Day & Week - 12 March, 2018
- Drivers of Change – How Skylar Cabs Aims to Transform the Way Women Commute - 9 March, 2018
- Galway Foundation – Self Empowerment Program - 9 March, 2018
- DENTAL AWARENESS CAMP CONDUCTED BY RRHEDS - 3 March, 2018
- Dabur’s Sanitation & Hygiene awareness drive in Tezpur - 27 February, 2018
- Team Amal India, running No Horn Movement in Kutch region - 24 February, 2018