Bangalore : Tesco Bengaluru recently celebrated ‘CSR Month’ – a series of initiatives directed at increasing colleague volunteering and community welfare.
The company conceptualized the campaign to bring about meaningful change to society and reaffirm colleagues’ commitment to communities. Tesco Bengaluru aims to be one of the leading corporates in the city who have successfully brought colleague volunteering to the forefront through the sheer scale and impact of the initiative executed.
The row of activities were driven over and above the mandated 2% CSR spend.
- 22 Volunteering events.
- Over 3600 volunteering hours clocked-and still counting!.
- 1500+ tree saplings planted in Whitefield.
- Over 950 colleagues pledged their eyes in the eye pledging drive with Sankara Eye Hospital.
- Over 6 Cartons of clothes and books donated in the collection drive.
- 55+ kgs of bakes treats sold at BOSCO’s Bakery Stall to support their training.
New initiatives this month include
- Individual Social Responsibility.
- A live scoreboard which clocks volunteer hours and help felicitate CSR champions since community volunteering is a key measure of commitment and progress as an organization.
- Participated in the India Smile Challenge through Give India.
- Flash mobs and street plays.
- New partnerships with NGOs.
- Launch of a CSR sub-section on the Tesco HUB website.
- Dabur helps 12 villages achieve ‘Open-Defecation Free’ status - 2 October, 2017
- Lancers International School hosts TEDx focusing on compassion, social understanding - 29 September, 2017
- 8th Convocation Day Organised At Jaipuria School Of Business - 18 September, 2017
- Over 100 stakeholders converge at New Delhi to deliberate on solar energy roadmap - 18 September, 2017
- Uflex and Implementation Partners honoured with Bureaucracy Today CSR Excellence Award2017 - 24 August, 2017
- Motorola Strengthens Retail Presence, Opens ‘Moto Hub’, Exclusive Motorola Stores in India - 6 August, 2017
- The team of CREDAI Maharashtra initiated to understand Gurugram’s Affordable Housing - 25 July, 2017
- TDI Infratech holds Free Health Camp - 27 June, 2017
- Eros Sampoornam Bags the Gautam Budh Nagar’s Pride Awards 2017 - 11 June, 2017
- Eros Group bags Best Developer Award for promoting Green Living - 3 June, 2017