Bangalore : Tesco Bengaluru recently celebrated ‘CSR Month’ – a series of initiatives directed at increasing colleague volunteering and community welfare.
The company conceptualized the campaign to bring about meaningful change to society and reaffirm colleagues’ commitment to communities. Tesco Bengaluru aims to be one of the leading corporates in the city who have successfully brought colleague volunteering to the forefront through the sheer scale and impact of the initiative executed.
The row of activities were driven over and above the mandated 2% CSR spend.
- 22 Volunteering events.
- Over 3600 volunteering hours clocked-and still counting!.
- 1500+ tree saplings planted in Whitefield.
- Over 950 colleagues pledged their eyes in the eye pledging drive with Sankara Eye Hospital.
- Over 6 Cartons of clothes and books donated in the collection drive.
- 55+ kgs of bakes treats sold at BOSCO’s Bakery Stall to support their training.
New initiatives this month include
- Individual Social Responsibility.
- A live scoreboard which clocks volunteer hours and help felicitate CSR champions since community volunteering is a key measure of commitment and progress as an organization.
- Participated in the India Smile Challenge through Give India.
- Flash mobs and street plays.
- New partnerships with NGOs.
- Launch of a CSR sub-section on the Tesco HUB website.
- Crixfeed is live now - 18 March, 2018
- Dabur adopts, revamps Chapaguri Govt School in Tezpur - 15 March, 2018
- Free Health Camp & Medicine Distribution by Emaar India for Colonnade site labourers - 14 March, 2018
- Paramount Golf Foreste bags first prize in Greater Noida Flower Show by GNIDA - 14 March, 2018
- Emaar India commemorates 47th National Safety Day & Week - 12 March, 2018
- Drivers of Change – How Skylar Cabs Aims to Transform the Way Women Commute - 9 March, 2018
- Galway Foundation – Self Empowerment Program - 9 March, 2018
- DENTAL AWARENESS CAMP CONDUCTED BY RRHEDS - 3 March, 2018
- Dabur’s Sanitation & Hygiene awareness drive in Tezpur - 27 February, 2018
- Team Amal India, running No Horn Movement in Kutch region - 24 February, 2018