In a packed to capacity auditorium at Le Meridian New Delhi, with influential personalities from the Government and Corporate sectors, including Union Ministers, Ambassadors, Corporate Honchos, MPs, Senior Secretaries, Top Bureaucrats in attendance, Uflex Limited in association with its implementation partners Fiinovation and AROH Foundation was conferred with the Bureaucracy Today CSR Excellence Award 2017 for its Environmental Sustainability intervention “Conservation of Natural Resources and Optimization of Ecosystem”.
Notably the Flexible Packaging behemoth has rolled out its Environmental Sustainability initiatives in a few villages of Gautam Buddha Nagar District of Uttar Pradesh and one village in Bhind District of Madhya Pradesh with an overarching goal of capacity building of the community to conserve and optimize the natural resource base through ex-situ rainwater harvesting and tree plantationadopting the Participatory Rural Appraisal methodology. Special emphasis is laid on community training and sensitization for school children and other rural stake holders for judicious and responsible use of natural resources.
Some of the Big Names that were felicitated alongside Uflex on 22nd August 2017 for their remarkable contribution towards the society during FY 2016-17 include Tata Capital Limited, Aditya Birla Financial Services Group, JSW Foundation, SBI Foundation, Sony India Private Limited, Hindustan Coca Cola Beverages Pvt. Limited, BHEL, Shoppers Stop Limited among several others.
Out of the 339 leading corporate houses that had submitted nominations this year only 25 could make it to the finals among various categories.
The awardees were chosen by a panel of eminent personalities comprising Steel Secretary Aruna Sharma, IAS, Heavy Industries Secretary Girish Shankar, IAS, eminent industrialist and philanthropist Aruna Goenka and IIMC Director General KG Suresh. Bhaskar cheap propranolol Chatterjee, IAS (Retd), was the Chairman of the Jury. Chatterjee, who is widely acclaimed as the father of the Corporate Social Responsibility in India, was instrumental in framing and issuing the CSR guidelines for Public Sector Enterprises back in April 2010.
Expressing joy on his company being honoured with the coveted title Mr. Ashok Chaturvedi Chairman & Managing Director, Uflex Limited said,“At Uflex we ascribe utmost importance to our responsibility towards the environment and society. I am glad that in the first year of our association with AROH Foundation and Fiinovation, we have been able to put up two model villages in our endeavour to demonstrate tangible interventions for conserving water and optimizing the village ecosystem. I sincerely thank the Jury of BT-CSR Excellence Awards for this great honour. I am more happy about the fact that the details of our intervention are being published through the columns of Bureaucracy Today magazine which will be a great help in disseminating tried and tested good practices for others to replicate and scale up for the larger good!”
About Uflex :
Uflex is India’s largest multinational flexible packaging materials and Solution Company and an emerging global player. Since its inception back in 1985, Uflex has grown from strength to strength to evolve as a truly Indian Multinational with consumers spread across the world. Uflex today has state-of-the-art packaging facilities at multiple locations in India with installed capacity of around 100,000 TPA and has packaging film manufacturing facilities in India, UAE, Mexico Egypt, Poland and USA with cumulative installed capacity in excess of 337,000 TPA.
- US-India Strategic Partnership Forum to organize Roundtable on Rare Disease Policy : “Provisions to Enable Institutional Donations” - 24 March, 2022
- RBL Bank’s UMEED 1000 Cyclothon donates ₹5.20 crores towards Inclusive Education - 17 December, 2021
- Time to Pathways for Plastic Waste Management in the Indian Himalayan Region : Mountain Legislators Meet 2021 - 3 December, 2021
- RBL Bank Flags off 8th edition of ‘UMEED 1000’ Cyclothon in support of Inclusive Education - 3 December, 2021
- Eustace Onuegbu, President of IN-CSR voted the Sustainability Personality of the Year 2021 - 29 November, 2021
- Indian Destinations to be promoted as “Center of Excellence” with new global visibility – Prof. (Dr). Francois Bedards - 19 November, 2021
- “Sustainable Mountain Development SummitX” Towards One Health – Making our Mountains Resilient - 13 November, 2021
- CSR support needed to build world class eco-system for skilling and developing competency with industry leaders- Mr. Piyush Chakraborty - 12 November, 2021
- eBORNEO KNOWLEDGE FAIR GOES VIRTUAL - 18 October, 2021
- IICSR – MEPSC embark into Building Responsible Business Leaders - 2 October, 2021