Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Varroc Elastomers, a group company of Varroc, has been recently felicitated with “Environmental Youth of the Year” award at Clean & Green India 2016 award function held in April 2016 in Delhi. This award was conferred to the company for the green initiatives implemented under the stewardship of Mr. Srikanth Pothapragada Executive Director, Varroc Elastomers Pvt Ltd for its Automotive Rubber Component plant in Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India.
These awards aim to recognize achievers, innovators and suppliers, who have contributed significantly towards sustainability in India with new innovations, cutting-edge technology, products & services providing a quality business platform that will accelerate development and growth in the country.
On the win Mr. Srikanth Pothapragada, Executive Director, said “We are honored to receive the Clean & Green India Award. It is indeed a very big achievement for Varroc Elastomers. We implemented the Lean and (total productive maintenance) TPM methodology, to make the processes safer, dust free and operator friendly. This further helped us to reduce our plant operations in size, enabling us to use the area for tree plantations thereby making our plant one of the greenest manufacturing plants across the region. One of the main ingredient of Rubber Compound is Carbon Black, which is very fluffy and polluting. We are one of the very few manufacturing company in India to have dust free mixing line wherein one can have his lunch, whereas in other such industries one can’t stay for few minutes.
He also added, “A clean green and safe environment has made our employees proud, happy and have a healthy living. Also, our customers who are advocates of sustained manufacturing have started appreciating our initiatives. Government initiatives like Swacha Bharat Abhiyaan, Make in India etc encourage companies to put more efforts in building a better tomorrow”.
Following the Swachha Bharat Abhiyan and for successful implementation of such policies Varroc has adapted global innovative methods towards building a sustainable, clean and green nation. The company has heavily invested in state-of-the-art equipment, technologies, manpower and systems to achieve the highest level of quality, competitive cost and timely deliveries. With the cutting-edge research and development centres, the company creates innovative engineering solutions to overcome the challenges of tomorrow.
This prestigious award was instituted by Clean & Green India jointly with SingEX, Singapore and Franchise India, co promoted by Times Now and supervised by Earnest & Young. It helped industry leaders to engage in discussions on infrastructure investment opportunities, green infrastructure and challenges in India.
About Varroc Elastomers :
Varroc Elastomers, a USD 12 million enterprise, is into engineering and manufacturing of NVH parts for automotive industry. Varroc Elastomers is a Joint Venture between Varroc and Engineering Rubber Research Institute (ERRI). It has an integrated manufacturing unit with state of the art Technical and Development Centre & moulding shop, best in class mixing facility, and one of the best sheet metal processing lines. The company has developed technology and products that enhance the quality and reliability of rubber components.
For more information please log in to http://www.varrocelastomers.com/
About Varroc :
Varroc is an emerging global automotive component manufacturer and supplier of exterior lighting systems, powertrains, electricals, body and chassis parts to leading passenger car and motorcycle segments worldwide. With 33 world-class manufacturing facilities, 11 engineering centres, 10000 employees and 760 engineering experts in 10 countries, Varroc group is on an exponential growth trajectory clocking a sales of 1.3 billion USD in 2014-15. The company is a leading global passenger car lighting supplier and the number one 2-wheeler automotive component supplier in India. Varroc offers best design solutions that give customers a competitive edge in their markets.
For more information please log in to http://www.varrocgroup.com/
- ofo, the World’s Largest Bicycle Sharing Platform, Contributes to Urban Mobility in Pune’s Magarpatta City - 9 March, 2018
- Dr. Madhu Chitkara Honoured with NIVEDITA Award for Service towards Women Empowerment on Account of International Women’s Day - 9 March, 2018
- Merck Launches their Merck Foundation and Mark International Women’s Day with First Lady of Niger - 9 March, 2018
- Plan India, Delegation of the European Union and Embassy of Finland Celebrate International Women’s Day 2018 in India under the Theme Economic Empowerment of Women - 7 March, 2018
- Merck Foundation Join Hands with the First Lady of The Gambia to Empower Infertile Women across Africa - 24 February, 2018
- Merck Foundation and Uganda Ministry of Health Continue their Support for the Heroines of ‘Merck More Than a Mother’ - 19 February, 2018
- Reverse Logistics Group Launches Clean to Green Campaign to Promote Responsible e-waste Recycling in India - 13 February, 2018
- UAE Exchange India Won Innov and Eminent Award 2017 for CSR - 23 January, 2018
- TechnipFMC in India Sponsors Jaipur Foot Camps in Partnership with the Rotary Club - 17 January, 2018
- NCCF Co-develops India’s Forest Management Certification Standard in Association with Ministries, Forest Departments, Industry and NGOs - 17 January, 2018