Gurgaon’s leading developer Vatika group’s facilities management wing – Enviro initiated a life saving cause by organizing blood donation drive in collaboration with the National Thalassemia Welfare Society, one of the oldest societies for blood donation in Delhi. This month long drive was conducted at all Vatika’s corporate complexes, housing societies and other locations; it was open for all the employees as well as common people. A total collection of 600 blood units was made.
According to Ajay Kumar, Vice-President, Enviro, “Thalassemia is one of the most common genetic disorder in the world, and we believe that these patients deserve the gift of life. Hence, Enviro organised this blood donation camp and we are proud to join this lifesaving mission to provide hope to those who need it most.”
The collected blood will be used by the National Thalassemia Welfare Society for Thalassemic patients. Thalassemia is a disease of the blood in which there is increased destruction (hemolysis) of the red cells, which requires regular blood transfusion. This is an inherited genetic disorder and approximately 10,000 cases are being added each year.
One of the donors said, “Blood donation is a noble cause and I felt good by sharing this invaluable gift with someone in need.”
The donation drive summed up on 25th July, 2016. It was held at various locations- Vatika City Point, Vatika Professional Point, Vatika Tower, Vatika Atrium, Vatika Business Park, Vatika Mindscape, and Vatika City. The idea behind this was to reach all enthusiast donors from all the corners. With the increasing number of diseases, there is a dire need of blood and the demand is exceeding the supply in big numbers.
- BCTA Donates 2000 Footballs to the Delhi Government in the esteemed presence of the Chief Minister, Arvind Kejriwal - 17 December, 2017
- Emaar India nurtured the life of 450 labours’ kids through “Guardian of Hope” programme - 16 December, 2017
- Awards for SIFFCY 2017 Announced - 16 December, 2017
- Bihar Skill Development Mission’s Initiative Towards Effective Skilling of Youth of Bihar - 15 December, 2017
- International Conference on “Ethics, Spirituality & Sustainability” Report - 14 December, 2017
- RRHEDS has Conducted a Health Awareness Camp to School Childrens - 13 December, 2017
- SIKKA GROUP ORGANISES BLANKET DISTRIBUTION CAMP - 12 December, 2017
- Dabur joins ‘WE CARE: Waste Efficient Collection & Recycling’ Project - 8 December, 2017
- 3rd DECEMBER TO BE CELEBRATED AS ‘ROAD SAFETY DAY’: KEVAL KHURANA - 8 December, 2017
- KPIT launches crowdsourcing contest “KPIT BetterWorld” to develop ideas to make the planet sustainable - 8 December, 2017