Gurgaon’s leading developer Vatika group’s Enviro wing has initiated a life saving cause by organizing blood donation drive in collaboration with the National Thalassemia Welfare Society, one of the oldest societies for blood donation in Delhi. This month long drive will be conducted at all Vatika’s corporate complexes, housing societies and other locations; it is open for all the employees as well as common people. The drive started with its first two camps held recently at Vatika Triangle, Sushant Lok – 1, Gurgaon and Vatika First India Place. A total collection of 104 blood units has been made so far.
According to Ajay Kumar, Vice-President, Enviro, “Thalassemia is one of the most common genetic disorder in the world, and we believe that these patients deserve the gift of life. Hence, Enviro organised this blood donation camp and we are proud to join this lifesaving mission to provide hope to those who need it most.”
The collected blood will be used by the National Thalassemia Welfare Society for Thalassemic patients. Thalassemia is a disease of the blood in which there is increased destruction (hemolysis) of the red cells, which requires regular blood transfusion. This is an inherited genetic disorder and approximately 10,000 cases are being added each year.
Megha, one of the donors said, “Felt good donating blood and help share this invaluable gift with someone in need.”
The donation drive will end on 25th July, 2016. It will be held at various locations- Vatika City Point, Vatika Professional Point, Vatika Tower, Vatika Atrium, Vatika Business Park, Vatika Mindscape, and Vatika City. The idea behind this is to reach all enthusiast donors from all the corners. With the increasing number of diseases, there is a dire need of blood and the demand is exceeding the supply in big numbers.
- Deepalaya School, Gusbethi Inaugurates Infrastructure Development Project for Extension of School Building - 16 July, 2018
- The Unchanged circle rates in Noida twin cities - 13 July, 2018
- India to gear up for Industrial Internet Of Things (IIoT) revolution - 11 July, 2018
- Gurugram & Delhi students secure 1st position in International Robotronics Competition - 28 June, 2018
- TechnipFMC India CSR Initiative Seed of Hope Wins Special Recognition From UN Global Compact Network India (GCNI) - 26 June, 2018
- An Effective Team is the Key to Success and Mobility of a Firm - 26 June, 2018
- Shankar Mahadevan Academy associates with Maharashtra Mandal Singapore - 25 June, 2018
- KPIT Awarded the FKCCI CSR Awards 2018 for CSR Excellence in Basic Education - 22 June, 2018
- Dabur to Promote Yoga, Ayurveda among Youth on International Yoga Day - 20 June, 2018
- Evergen and Airlabs announce World’s first Clean Air Zone “AirHavn”– to demonstrate an innovative new technology to clean air pollution in Delhi - 14 June, 2018