New Delhi, Delhi, India
Founded in 2015, the Vedica Scholars Programme for Women announces admissions for its third batch, the Class of 2017-2018. A one-of-its-kind initiative, Vedica is an exciting post-graduate programme in management exclusively for women. Located in the heart of Delhi, this 18-month, residential programme is tailored to the needs of employers, who recognise the need for greater diversity in the workforce and board-rooms today. Fresh graduates, as well as women with work experience, are encouraged to apply to this Programme.
Vedica seeks to create 21st century women professionals committed to remaining in the workforce. It equips women to be financially independent, recognise and evaluate trade-offs, navigate the workplace and crack the proverbial ‘glass ceiling’. Dr. Meenakshi Gopinath (Former Principal, Lady Shri Ram College and Governing Council Member, Vedica) believes that Vedica Scholars will “redefine conventional notions of success in the future.”
Endorsed by names that define women’s leadership globally – Madeleine Albright (Former US Secretary of State), Vinita Bali (Former MD, Britannia) and Savita Mahajan (Former Deputy Dean, Indian School of Business) – the Vedica Scholars Programme boasts of an innovative curriculum and reimagines the traditional MBA into four concurrent tracks – Mastering Management Practice, Communicating and Thinking for Impact, Learning from the Liberal Arts and Taking Charge of Personal Growth. Courses taught at the Programme include core management subjects like Strategy, Finance, Accounting, Marketing and Operations, along with the importance of context and multidisciplinary perspectives highlighted by liberal arts courses such as Economics, Politics, Philosophy, Public Policy and Sustainability. There is an equally strong emphasis on problem-solving and communication through courses like Critical Thinking, Project Management, Business Writing and Communication Skills, while building leadership capabilities through courses on Understanding the Self, Group Dynamics and Inner Development. Vedica’s courses are taught by some of the most reputed management academics and business leaders drawn from renowned institutions and corporations across the globe, including Stanford University, Simmons School of Management, IIM Ahmedabad, ISB, JNU, McKinsey, Coca-Cola, Deutsche Bank and Nielsen.
In a pioneering initiative in education and learning, the ‘Shadow a Woman CEO’ Programme, an integral part of the Vedica curriculum, maps every Vedica Scholar to a successful, senior woman professional for a whole month. Vedica Scholars from the Founding Class shadowed women CXOs and role models like Gunjan Soni (Myntra), Samina Vaziralli (Cipla), Lulu Raghavan (Landor Associates), Abanti Sankaranayanan (Diageo India), Roxanne Hakim (World Bank) and Kshama Fernandes (IFMR Capital) in the month of August. This programme is modelled on the Global Women’s Mentoring Partnership offered by the US State Department and Fortune magazine.
Vedica is backed by Pramath Raj Sinha, a successful institution builder in higher education. Dr. Sinha is credited with setting up the Indian School of Business (ISB) as its Founding Dean. ISB is today one of the world’s top business schools. The Programme is led by Founding Dean Anuradha Das Mathur, currently at Yale University as a Yale World Fellow, one of 16 selected globally as a mid-career emerging leader who has distinguished herself in her profession, discipline, or geographic region.
All achievement-oriented women with a graduate degree and a desire to excel professionally are eligible to apply for Vedica Scholars Programme for Women. There is no application fee. All admitted Scholars receive a Vedica Bursary of INR 3.25 lakhs. In addition, partial and full scholarships are available based on need and merit. Placements for Scholars are assured upon successful completion of the programme.
For more information about the Programme, visit us at www.vedicascholars.com.
- Launch of Life Skills Program - 15 December, 2017
- American India Foundation (AIF) and Coca-Cola India Launches ‘SMS Mission Recycling’ to Sensitize School Children on Waste Management and Recycling - 15 December, 2017
- Aster Celebrates 30 Years of Quality Healthcare with a Year of Giving Back Initiatives - 15 December, 2017
- Curtain Raised for the 3rd Edition of Siddha Kiddathon - 9 December, 2017
- Mayors of Bengaluru and London Come Together to Help Cities across India and Worldwide Tackle Toxic Air Pollution - 6 December, 2017
- HelpMeSee to Demonstrate Eye Surgical Simulator at Comprehensive Cataract Conference 2017 - 22 November, 2017
- Kellogg India Pvt Ltd amongst Top 100 Best Companies for Women in India - 20 November, 2017
- Jagriti Sewa Sansthan and Coca-Cola India Announce the Winners of the Sustainable Enterprise Awards 2017 - 17 November, 2017
- Gleneagles Global Hospitals Hosts an Art Competition on Children’s Day to Increase Lung Cancer Awareness - 17 November, 2017
- ITC Limited – Hotels Division Conferred the 2017 Greenbuild Leadership Award by the U.S. Green Building Council for its Commitment to the Green Building Movement in India - 12 November, 2017