New Delhi, Delhi, India
Founded in 2015, the Vedica Scholars Programme for Women announces admissions for its third batch, the Class of 2017-2018. A one-of-its-kind initiative, Vedica is an exciting post-graduate programme in management exclusively for women. Located in the heart of Delhi, this 18-month, residential programme is tailored to the needs of employers, who recognise the need for greater diversity in the workforce and board-rooms today. Fresh graduates, as well as women with work experience, are encouraged to apply to this Programme.
Vedica seeks to create 21st century women professionals committed to remaining in the workforce. It equips women to be financially independent, recognise and evaluate trade-offs, navigate the workplace and crack the proverbial ‘glass ceiling’. Dr. Meenakshi Gopinath (Former Principal, Lady Shri Ram College and Governing Council Member, Vedica) believes that Vedica Scholars will “redefine conventional notions of success in the future.”
Endorsed by names that define women’s leadership globally – Madeleine Albright (Former US Secretary of State), Vinita Bali (Former MD, Britannia) and Savita Mahajan (Former Deputy Dean, Indian School of Business) – the Vedica Scholars Programme boasts of an innovative curriculum and reimagines the traditional MBA into four concurrent tracks – Mastering Management Practice, Communicating and Thinking for Impact, Learning from the Liberal Arts and Taking Charge of Personal Growth. Courses taught at the Programme include core management subjects like Strategy, Finance, Accounting, Marketing and Operations, along with the importance of context and multidisciplinary perspectives highlighted by liberal arts courses such as Economics, Politics, Philosophy, Public Policy and Sustainability. There is an equally strong emphasis on problem-solving and communication through courses like Critical Thinking, Project Management, Business Writing and Communication Skills, while building leadership capabilities through courses on Understanding the Self, Group Dynamics and Inner Development. Vedica’s courses are taught by some of the most reputed management academics and business leaders drawn from renowned institutions and corporations across the globe, including Stanford University, Simmons School of Management, IIM Ahmedabad, ISB, JNU, McKinsey, Coca-Cola, Deutsche Bank and Nielsen.
In a pioneering initiative in education and learning, the ‘Shadow a Woman CEO’ Programme, an integral part of the Vedica curriculum, maps every Vedica Scholar to a successful, senior woman professional for a whole month. Vedica Scholars from the Founding Class shadowed women CXOs and role models like Gunjan Soni (Myntra), Samina Vaziralli (Cipla), Lulu Raghavan (Landor Associates), Abanti Sankaranayanan (Diageo India), Roxanne Hakim (World Bank) and Kshama Fernandes (IFMR Capital) in the month of August. This programme is modelled on the Global Women’s Mentoring Partnership offered by the US State Department and Fortune magazine.
Vedica is backed by Pramath Raj Sinha, a successful institution builder in higher education. Dr. Sinha is credited with setting up the Indian School of Business (ISB) as its Founding Dean. ISB is today one of the world’s top business schools. The Programme is led by Founding Dean Anuradha Das Mathur, currently at Yale University as a Yale World Fellow, one of 16 selected globally as a mid-career emerging leader who has distinguished herself in her profession, discipline, or geographic region.
All achievement-oriented women with a graduate degree and a desire to excel professionally are eligible to apply for Vedica Scholars Programme for Women. There is no application fee. All admitted Scholars receive a Vedica Bursary of INR 3.25 lakhs. In addition, partial and full scholarships are available based on need and merit. Placements for Scholars are assured upon successful completion of the programme.
For more information about the Programme, visit us at www.vedicascholars.com.
- Dell Empowers India’s Youth with Technology-enabled Learning - 12 October, 2017
- Indo-German Economic Partnership to Boost Investments in India’s Food Processing ‘Value Chain’ Infrastructure - 10 October, 2017
- Eaton’s committed to Powering Communities in India : Craig Arnold - 10 October, 2017
- The Advaith Foundation Announces Eight Winners of the School Leadership Awards - 6 October, 2017
- Sony Pictures Networks Latest PSA Implores you to Serve your Nation by Maintaining a Discipline of Cleanliness - 29 September, 2017
- Azure Roof Power to Expand Electrification of Indian Railways - 28 September, 2017
- Hyundai Commences 3rd Phase of Safe Move – Traffic Safety Campaign - 27 September, 2017
- Solar Leadership Series – Greenlight Planet Sets Stage for Rapid Pay-as-you-go Solar Growth in India - 25 September, 2017
- Colgate-Palmolive (India) Limited, in Partnership with Water For People Launches Water Program in Amravati District, Maharashtra - 20 September, 2017
- UAE Exchange Nizamabad Steps Ahead for Rally for Rivers - 16 September, 2017