Bangalore, Karnataka, India and Stockholm, Sweden
Wipro Ltd. (NYSE:WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO), a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company, today announced that it has been selected by Vestas Wind Systems A/S(VWS.CO), as its strategic IT partner for Workplace Services. Headquartered in Aarhus, Denmark, Vestas is a global energy company that delivers best-in-class wind energy solutions in over 75 countries. Vestas’ core business comprises of the development, manufacturing, sale and maintenance of wind power plants.
Wipro will deploy its proprietary LiVE Workspace™ solution for Vestas as part of this multi-year digital transformation engagement. The solution aims to enable a superior computing experience for users, while ensuring data security and also offers users access to applications – anywhere, anytime and on any device. This technology deployment will provide Vestas’ 20,000 employees, spread across 75 countries with an user-centric, collaborative and energy efficient workplace, with smart systems, which will boost business agility. The smart systems include predictive monitoring for faster service restoration, automation and preventive self-heal to minimize service disruptions, and round-the-clock resilient end-user infrastructure.
Torben Høeg Bonde, CIO, Vestas Wind Systems said, “In order to fulfill our strategy of profitable growth, Vestas believes IT should be business-oriented. We have a vision to create an agile and future-proof workplace platform for all our 20,000 employees. With Wipro as our strategic partner, we are taking an important step to fulfil our ambition towards an Internet-centric IT architecture.”
“Wipro has been chosen by Vestas as their strategic IT partner to transform their Workplace, as part of their digital journey. In this multi-year engagement we will leverage our strong understanding of the manufacturing domain, coupled with our workplace transformation capabilities to improve the end user experience for Vestas’ employees. This deal marks the beginning of a strategic relationship between Wipro and Vestas and will form the foundation of an innovative technology program that will strengthen Vesta’s leadership position in the industry,” said N. S. Bala, President, Manufacturing & Technology SBU, Wipro Limited.
“Wipro is pleased to be selected as a strategic partner in Vestas’s transformation journey to create a next-gen work-place. Having recently being selected for several transformational engagements in the Nordic region, including Vestas in Denmark , Wipro has emerged as a clear partner of choice for Nordic companies looking to reinvent themselves in the digital age,” said Carl-Henrik Hallström, Regional Head, Nordic, Wipro Limited.
Note: The deal was mentioned in Wipro Limited’s financial results announcement press release, dated April 20, 2016, for the quarter ended March 31, 2016 (Q4 FY15-16), with a description of Vestas Wind Systems, but without naming the company.
About Wipro Ltd.
Wipro Ltd. (NYSE:WIT) is a leading information technology, consulting and business process services company that delivers solutions to enable its clients do business better. Wipro delivers winning business outcomes through its deep industry experience and a 360 degree view of “Business through Technology”. By combining digital strategy, customer centric design, advanced analytics and product engineering approach, Wipro helps its clients create successful and adaptive businesses. A company recognized globally for its comprehensive portfolio of services, strong commitment to sustainability and good corporate citizenship, Wipro has a dedicated workforce of over 160,000, serving clients in 175+ cities across 6 continents. For more information, please visit www.wipro.com
About Vestas Wind Systems
Every single day, Vestas wind turbines deliver clean energy that supports the global fight against climate change. Wind power from Vestas’ more than 55,000 wind turbines currently reduces carbon emissions by over 60 million tons of carbon dioxide every year, while at the same time building energy security and independence. Vestas has delivered wind energy in 75 countries, providing jobs for around 20,000 passionate people at our service and project sites, research facilities, factories and offices all over the world. With 52 percent more megawatts installed than anyone else in the industry and more than 71 GW of cumulative installed capacity worldwide, Vestas is the world leader in wind energy.
- ofo, the World’s Largest Bicycle Sharing Platform, Contributes to Urban Mobility in Pune’s Magarpatta City - 9 March, 2018
- Dr. Madhu Chitkara Honoured with NIVEDITA Award for Service towards Women Empowerment on Account of International Women’s Day - 9 March, 2018
- Merck Launches their Merck Foundation and Mark International Women’s Day with First Lady of Niger - 9 March, 2018
- Plan India, Delegation of the European Union and Embassy of Finland Celebrate International Women’s Day 2018 in India under the Theme Economic Empowerment of Women - 7 March, 2018
- Merck Foundation Join Hands with the First Lady of The Gambia to Empower Infertile Women across Africa - 24 February, 2018
- Merck Foundation and Uganda Ministry of Health Continue their Support for the Heroines of ‘Merck More Than a Mother’ - 19 February, 2018
- Reverse Logistics Group Launches Clean to Green Campaign to Promote Responsible e-waste Recycling in India - 13 February, 2018
- UAE Exchange India Won Innov and Eminent Award 2017 for CSR - 23 January, 2018
- TechnipFMC in India Sponsors Jaipur Foot Camps in Partnership with the Rotary Club - 17 January, 2018
- NCCF Co-develops India’s Forest Management Certification Standard in Association with Ministries, Forest Departments, Industry and NGOs - 17 January, 2018