Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Videocon d2h (NASDAQ, USA: VDTH), India’s fastest growing DTH service, today announced its association with the CSC eGovernance Services India Limited, a SPV under Ministry of Electronics & IT, Government of India for the launch of their CSC services. The Common Service Centre (CSC) scheme is a part of the ambitious Digital India (DI) initiative. The service was inaugurated by the Chief Guest, Ravi Shankar Prasad, Hon’ble Minister of Electronics & IT and Law and Justice of India, in Varanasi today. Videocon d2h is the only DTH player to be chosen for the association to support the larger objective of ‘Digital India’.
The Scheme envisages the setting up of 100,000+ IT-enabled access points to be implemented in a Public-Private Partnership (PPP). The Common Service Centers (CSCs) have been positioned as front end delivery outlets for delivery of Government as well as Private Sector services. The services will enable the citizens of India to access their digital entertainment through Videocon d2h.
Mr. Saurabh Dhoot, Executive Chairman Videocon d2h said, “I am honoured at our strategic tie up with CSC eGovernance Services India Ltd, Government of India to enable information access to audiences pan India. This is a milestone and is a matter of great pride for us that in the DTH industry we led the way with Make in India and now we are leading the way with Digital India.”
Mr. Anil Khera, CEO Videocon d2h said: “This tie up affirms our commitment to innovate in every aspect of our customer experience. With this tie up we will be able to reach the remotest of villages in the country and thus help the transition of India from the analogue cable regime to a better quality, more transparent digital platform.”
Dr. Dinesh K Tyagi, CEO CSC eGovernance India Limited said, “CSC SPV has entered into an agreement with Videocon d2h for bringing Digital DTH services through CSC centres. This service will enable rural India to avail smart services including Smart English, Smart Games etc. and will help overcome the digital divide between rural and urban India.”
Videocon d2h has prided itself in presenting its subscribers with a robust line-up of 570 channels and services, including a host of regional channels. It offers a wide range of active services like smart services including Smart English, Smart Games. The other active services include d2h Hollywood HD, d2h music, d2h spice, d2h cinema in both Standard Definition and HD, etc.
About Videocon d2h
Videocon d2h is India’s fastest growing DTH service provider which offers over 570 channels and services. Videocon d2h is launching HD Smart Connect Set top Box (Connected Set top box) which converts your existing normal TV into a Smart TV. The Connected set top box allows one to browse content from Facebook, Twitter, Daily Motion, video on demand sites, news sites, weather sites, etc. through applications residing on STB. Powered by the MPEG-4 and DVB-S2 technology, Videocon d2h transforms your TV into a hub of entertainment and knowledge. It offers a wide range of active services including Smart English, Smart Games. The other active services include d2h Hollywood HD, d2h music, d2h spice, d2h cinema in both Standard Definition and HD, etc. It launched India’s first 4K Ultra HD DTH channel service. Videocon d2h offers India’s first Radio Frequency Remote Control. Videocon d2h also offers 45 “HD” channels and services. Videocon d2h has a pan India sales & distribution channel, superior service orientation & a track record of introducing technologically innovative product and service offerings. Videocon d2h has over 300 own service centres spread across 7500 top towns in India to attend and resolve the service issues within 4-6 hrs.
SMART Services, a value-added bouquet of learning activities and games includes Smart Cooking, Smart English and Smart Games, all available on subscription basis. Smart services of Videocon d2h has something good to offer for every member of family right from an infant to a housewife.
Videocon d2h was the first Indian media company to be listed on NASDAQ, USA. Videocon d2h has been awarded as India’s Most Trusted Brand 2016, Pay TV Operator of the Year at MIPCOM Cannes 2015, Asia’s most promising DTH brand 2013 & 2014, India’s Best brand by Economic Times 2014, India’s Most Promising Brand by Economic Times 2015 & recognised as top 50 dream companies to work for by World HRD Congress.
- ofo, the World’s Largest Bicycle Sharing Platform, Contributes to Urban Mobility in Pune’s Magarpatta City - 9 March, 2018
- Dr. Madhu Chitkara Honoured with NIVEDITA Award for Service towards Women Empowerment on Account of International Women’s Day - 9 March, 2018
- Merck Launches their Merck Foundation and Mark International Women’s Day with First Lady of Niger - 9 March, 2018
- Plan India, Delegation of the European Union and Embassy of Finland Celebrate International Women’s Day 2018 in India under the Theme Economic Empowerment of Women - 7 March, 2018
- Merck Foundation Join Hands with the First Lady of The Gambia to Empower Infertile Women across Africa - 24 February, 2018
- Merck Foundation and Uganda Ministry of Health Continue their Support for the Heroines of ‘Merck More Than a Mother’ - 19 February, 2018
- Reverse Logistics Group Launches Clean to Green Campaign to Promote Responsible e-waste Recycling in India - 13 February, 2018
- UAE Exchange India Won Innov and Eminent Award 2017 for CSR - 23 January, 2018
- TechnipFMC in India Sponsors Jaipur Foot Camps in Partnership with the Rotary Club - 17 January, 2018
- NCCF Co-develops India’s Forest Management Certification Standard in Association with Ministries, Forest Departments, Industry and NGOs - 17 January, 2018