New Delhi, Delhi, India
Security Watch India (SWI) is organizing ‘Water Management for Smart Cities’ on 15th February 2016 at Jacaranda Hall, Habitat World, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi and on 17thFebruary 2016 at Centrum Hall, World Trade Centre, Mumbai. The theme of the event is “Challenges and good practices for managing water in smart cities”.
H.E. Amb. Tomasz Kozlowski, Ambassador of the European Union to India,will be inaugurating the event along with Dr. Udit Raj, Hon’ble Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha (North West Delhi), Gen J Singh (Retd) IPS, former Governor of Arunachal Pradesh, Ex-Chief of Army Staff, Chairman Advisory Board, SWI, Mr. Keshav Chandra, IAS, Chairman, Delhi Jal Board, at Delhi and Mr. Rajendra Singh, Chairman, Tarun Bharat Sangh, Ms. Jane Grady, Deputy Director, British High Commission in Mumbai and Mr. Ajoy Mehta, Commissioner, Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation and Mr. Maroof Raza, TV Commentator and Columnist and Strategic Security Expert, would be present for the inaugural session at Mumbai. A trade delegation from British Water is also participating in the conference to share their international experience.
With rapid urbanization, cities face increasing challenges for water management, securing sustainable water and sanitation which are a pre-requisite for smart cities. The water cycle (production, distribution, consumption, and re-use of waste water) plays an integral part of the urban system. This conference aims to bring together stakeholders in water infrastructure management to discuss these challenges and develop a smart approach to deliver better system through a strong partnership between urban planners, water service providers, government agencies, regulators and other key stakeholders and meet the liveability objectives. International experiences for better managing the water resources will be shared with Municipal commissioners, water treatment and distribution companies, waste water management firms and key financial institutions attending the event.The event would connect municipal commissioners and mayors, heads of various departments from urban local bodies, senior city planners, and policy makers from over 500 Indian cities.
Some of the key speakers at the event include, Gen J Singh (Retd), Former Governor of Arunachal Pradesh, Ex-Chief of Army Staff, Chairman Advisory Board, SWI, Mr. Ajoy Mehta, IAS, Commissioner, Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), Mr. B Purushatra, IAS, Municipal Commissioner, Municipal Corporation of Chandigarh, J.J Joshi, Commissioner, Khandwa, Municipal Corporation, Dr. Srikanta K. Panigrahi, Director General , Indian Institute of Sustainable Development, New Delhi, former Member, Planning Commission, Mr. Ravi B. Budhiraja, Chairman, Maharashtra Water Resources Regulatory Authority, Mr. K.J. Joy, Senior Fellow, Society For Promoting Participative Ecosystem Management, SOPPECOM, Ms. Rajul Parikh, President, Speaker from Water Quality India Association, Mr. Rajeev Kher, Founder, 3S India, Mr. Parag Agarwal, Chairman, Janajal, Mr. Manish Kumar, Senior Institutional Development Specialist and Country Coordinator, Water & Sanitation Program, The World Bank, Prof Raj Kachroo, Hydrologist, Founder Trustee and Social Worker, Mr. Dayanand Panse, Director, Ecosan Services Foundation, Er Valbuanga, MES, Director- SIPMIU (UD&PA), Government of Mizoram, Smt. Neelima Garg, Secretary Appraisal, Uttarakhand Jal Sansthan, Govt. of Uttarakhand, Smt. Shakuntala Dharade, Mayor, Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation, Mumbai and Ms. Jane Grady, Deputy Director, British High Commission in India, Mumbai.
SWI is a non-partisan not for profit initiative which provides a neutral platform to engage stake holders in security from the Govt., public and private sectors, industry, business and civil society to discuss security issues, best practices and cutting edge technologies. SWI works under the guidance of its eminent Advisory Board Members led by Gen. J.J. Singh (Retd), former Governor of Arunachal Pradesh and Former Chief of Army Staff, Mr. S.R. Mehra (Retd), IPS, former Secretary (Security) to Government of India, Mr Arup Patnaiak, IPS (Retd.), former, DGP, Maharashtra Police and Mr. Maroof Raza, TV Commentator and Columnist and Strategic Security Expert.
- Dinesh Shahra Foundation Conducts Special Health Checkup Camp for Cattle - 3 August, 2017
- Shri Uddhav Thackeray Does Ground Breaking Ceremony of Grand Central Park, Thane - 1 August, 2017
- Mr. Soumitro Chakraborty – CEO, Fiinovation Awarded ‘Most Admired Leader for CSR & Sustainability 2017’ - 21 July, 2017
- VIBGYOR High Model United Nations 2017 Debates the Crucial Issue of Climate Change - 3 July, 2017
- Women in Rural India Register Dramatic Gains in Nutrition, Food Security - 28 June, 2017
- Wipro, First Book Bring New Books to Indianapolis Area Kids in Need - 22 June, 2017
- Snapdeal Ties Up with The National Book Trust, India - 20 June, 2017
- ITC Limited Wins the Prestigious Porter Prize 2017 in Two Categories – Excellence in Corporate Governance and Integration and Creating Shared Value - 26 May, 2017
- Microfinance Organization Grameen Koota has received the ISC-FICCI 2017 Award for Best Financial Accessibility for Sanitation - 28 April, 2017
- UN Global Compact Kicks Off Annual Conference in New Delhi, with More than 300 Global Business and Civil Society Leaders - 27 April, 2017