Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Aster DM Healthcare hosted its 30th Anniversary event to celebrate 3 decades of service as well as the culmination of its Aster@30 2017 campaign. The event also brought to light the social responsibility initiatives and programmes, under the Aster Volunteers umbrella that benefited more than 497,000 lives in the Middle East and India.
The Gala dinner at the Grand Hyatt Dubai was hosted on the 11th of December, the founding day of Aster DM Healthcare, and welcomed a line-up of government officials and VIPs including HE Dr Amin Al Amiri, Asst Under Secretary (Ministry of Health UAE); Dr Marwan Mohd Saleh Al Mulla, Director of Health Regulation (DHA); HE Mohammed Sharaf, Asst Minister of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation for Economic & Trade Affairs; HE Sheikh Salem Abdulrahman Al Qassimi, Chairman of Sharjah Rulers Court; HE Dr Rashid Al Leem, Chairman of Sharjah Electricity and Water Authority (SEWA); HE Vipul, Consul General of India to Dubai; HE Mohammed Juma Al Naboodah, Group Executive Chairman of Al Naboodah Group; HE Jamal Majid Khalfan Bin Thaniyah, Chairman of JMBT Group; Mr Shamsudheen Bin Mohideen, Chairman of Regency Group; Mr Yusuff Ali M A, CMD of Lulu Group; Mr Anoop Moopen, Director of Aster DM Healthcare and others. The evening featured a number of cultural and entertainment activities highlighting the successful journey of the group from a single clinic practice in Bur Dubai in 1987. Spanning over 9 countries, the group today operates through 316 establishments that include hospitals, clinics, pharmacies and retail outlets meeting the demands of more than 50,000 people a day.
Addressing guests at the celebratory evening, Dr. Azad Moopen, Founder, Chairman & Managing Director of Aster DM Healthcare, said: “Tonight marks an important milestone in our Aster journey. I would like to thank all those who have supported both Aster and myself from the early days, particularly the leaders of this beautiful nation and the healthcare sector, without whom we wouldn’t be able to stand here to mark this milestone. Today, as proud as we are to celebrate these past 30 years, our journey has just begun.”
“During our silver jubilee celebration in 2012, I stood before you and made the commitment to expand our operations to more than 300 institutions. 5 years on, we now operate 316 establishments, with 18,174 employees around the world. Our forward-looking vision will continue to focus on providing accessible and affordable quality healthcare to our patients under our brand promise of ‘We’ll Treat You Well’. Our commitment to delivering compassionate care will continue through our successful Aster Volunteers programme that has been driving our community outreach efforts in the GCC and India.”
Standing as a key pillar of the Aster@30 campaign, the Aster Volunteers programme that launched earlier this year saw numerous initiatives in the region and India. These initiatives included Basic Life Support training programme that trained more than 104,600 people in the GCC and India, training them on first responder techniques. Under the Aster Volunteers Programme, Aster also recruited 66 differently-abled employees in addition to providing free surgeries and investigation to over 11,355 patients in the GCC and India. Working with local government bodies and NGOs, Aster is targeting the collection of 30,000 units of blood by March 2018.
Speaking on the Aster Volunteers Programme’s achievements to date, Dr. Azad Moopen said: “We are very proud of the amazing achievements that we have accomplished under the Aster Volunteers Programme to date. In the past year alone, we were able to enhance the lives of more than 497,000 people. Our efforts will not end here, this is just the beginning as we set to strengthen and expand our volunteers’ efforts to add new life changing initiatives in the near future.”
- Ambuja Cement’s Skill Development Initiative Collaborates With DDU-GKY - 23 July, 2018
- United Way Mumbai and Coca-Cola India Join Hands to Organize Beach Clean-up Drives Under ‘Clean Shores Mumbai’ Initiative - 27 June, 2018
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation hosts panel discussion on ‘Making Markets work for the Poor’ - 21 June, 2018
- Dosti Realty Spreads Awareness Through Their Tree Plantation Drive at Dosti West County - 7 June, 2018
- Siddha Group Launches World Environment Day Initiative in Association With Kolkata Municipal Corporation - 7 June, 2018
- Tata Starbucks Reinforces Its Commitment to Sustainability - 5 June, 2018
- GEF Capital Partners to Be the Catalyst for ESDS’ Growth Ambitions - 5 June, 2018
- USISPF Launches CEO Water Alliance - 5 June, 2018
- Social Entrepreneurs Amar and Payal Tulsiyan, Co-Founders of Menstrual Hygiene Awareness Initiative the Niine Movement, Receive Partners in Health Award at FOGSI International Women’s Health Summit - 4 June, 2018
- Sanjib Datta Takes Over as Managing Director of Mahanagar Gas Limited - 4 June, 2018