Tezpur : Taking forward its social development initiatives in Assam, India’s Science-based Ayurveda company Dabur India Ltd further strengthened its ties with the state by adopting and undertaking infrastructure development of Sessa Panbari Lower Primary School in Tezpur. This development is part of Dabur’s commitment to improve the lives of local communities in Assam under its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) drive.
Under this initiative, Dabur’s CSR arm Jivanti Welfare and Charitable Trust has completed renovation work in Sessa Panbari Lower Primary School, which included refurbishing the school building and classrooms; construction of a new Boundary wall and entry gate; repair and construction of toilet blocks for children and teachers; and repair of school kitchen, among other things. Building as Learning Aid, or BaLA paintings, were also undertaken to develop the school spaces like classrooms, walls, pillars and outdoor spaces as learning resources for students. To improve hygiene standards in the school, Dabur also distributed dust-bins.
This is the second school in Tezpur to be adopted and renovated by Dabur India Ltd under this CSR programmes. Prior to this, Dabur had undertaken a major revamp of Dhekidol LP School, which included upgrading the classrooms and building, revamping the sanitation infrastructure for students besides construction of a concrete boundary wall.
Speaking on the occasion, Dabur India Ltd Vice President-HR & IR Mr. Partho Ganguly said: “Promotion of education is a key pillar of Dabur’s CSR strategy as we believe that education is both the means to a better life and a key to ensure overall development of the society. In a bid to improve enrollment levels and reduce dropout rates in rural and semi-urban schools, Dabur has taken up the responsibility of improving the infrastructure in schools and improving the learning experience for children.”
Dabur has distributed new sets of Desk-Benches and Teacher Tables under its School Support Programme to improve the overall learning experience for students in these schools. Going forward, Dabur plans to undertake complete revamp of the school infrastructure in Binapani Lower Primary School, Hasara Nepali Basti. The School Support initiative is a result of detailed discussions with the school authorities and has been put in place keeping their specific needs in mind. “After detailed discussions with the school administration and local community members, we identify the need gaps in each school and then commence our development activities. Our intention is to develop and turn them into Model Schools for the region,” Mr. Ganguly said.
In addition to improving school infrastructure, Dabur is also working towards women empowerment in the region through skill enhancement, besides undertaking plantation drives and spreading awareness in communities for improving health and hygiene.
About Dabur’s CSR initiatives:
“What is that life worth which cannot bring comfort to others.” These inspiring words from Dabur India Ltd Founder Dr. S. K. Burman have been the guiding light behind Dabur’s social development initiatives. Dabur has been involved with community development work since 1994, endeavouring to bring about an enduring change in the lives of people and to create the right environment for driving the local economy. Through our Sanitation initiatives, Dabur has, over the past three years, helped construct nearly 3,500 household toilets and made 27 villages Open Defecation Free.
- An Initiative of Solidarity: Deepalaya Steps In to Rebuild Two Government Schools in One of the Worst Flood-Hit Areas of Kerala - 1 October, 2018
- Modernising Pharma Manufacturing with co-innovation - 1 October, 2018
- Dabur Extends CSR Programme to Jammu; Adopts & Revamps Govt School - 25 September, 2018
- Co working space in Indore - 25 September, 2018
- Principal completes acquisition of Principal Pnb Asset Management Company in India - 1 September, 2018
- आपका छोटा सा योगदान किसी का जीवन पुनर्स्थापित कर सकेगा - 31 August, 2018
- Ambuja Cement Takes Lead to Stabilise Lives of Flood-Affected People in Kerala - 29 August, 2018
- Dabur adopts, renovates Sessa Panbari Primary School in Tezpur - 29 August, 2018
- VEGREX COMMUNICATIONS EXTENDS ITS SUPPORT TOWARDS KERALA FLOOD VICTIMS - 23 August, 2018
- Indo-American Chamber of Commerce Hosts Annual Conference on Achieving SDGs by Leveraging CSR Programs - 22 August, 2018