Strengthening its community development initiatives in Assam, Dabur India Ltd today announced the adoption of Chapaguri Government Junior Basic School with the intent of converting it into a Model School with upgraded infrastructure offering better learning experience for children in Tezpur. As a first step, India’s leading Science-based Ayurveda major Dabur India Ltd today handed over Desks-and-Benches and Teacher Tables under its School Support Programme.
At a special function organized at the school, Dabur donated 12 sets of Desk-Benches and two sets of Teacher Tables. Going forward, the company will undertake complete revamp of the school infrastructure, besides upgrading the sanitation facilities in the school and providing more desk-benches for both students and teachers. The development work was carried out through Dabur’s CSR arm Jivanti Welfare & Charitable Trust.
Addressing the gathering, Dabur India Ltd Vice President-HR & IR Mr. Partho Ganguly said: “The importance of education is undeniable for every individual. At Dabur, we believe that education is both the means to a better life and a key to ensure overall development of the society. In a bid to improve enrollment levels and reduce the dropout rates in rural and semi-urban schools, Dabur has taken up the onus of improving the infrastructure in schools and improving the learning experience for children in rural India. This school support initiative is part of this larger drive. This is one of the several CSR initiatives that Dabur has planned for the region.”
The Desk-Benches were handed over to the school administration in presence of Block Elementary Education Officer-Balipara Mr. Manish Thakur and President of Gaon Unnayan Samiti-Chapaguri Mr. Nargeswar Gayari. Prior to this, Dabur had undertaken a major revamp of the Dhekidol LP School, which included upgrading the classrooms and building, revamping the sanitation infrastructure for students besides construction of a concrete boundary wall.
The initiative is a result of detailed discussions with the school authorities and has been developed keeping their specific needs in mind. “Access to basic education is the most fundamental right of any child. But an equally important right is access to basic and hygienic sanitation facilities and a healthy learning environment in schools. After a detailed survey and focussed group discussions, we have identified Chapaguri Government Junior Basic School as the beneficiary for our CSR interventions in Tezpur. After discussions with the school administration and local community members, we have commenced a host of development activities in this school. Our intention is to develop and support this school as a Model School for the region,” Dabur India Ltd CSR Head Mr. A. Sudhakar said.
About Dabur’s CSR initiatives:
“What is that life worth which cannot bring comfort to others.” These inspiring words from Dabur India Ltd Founder Dr. S. K. Burman have been the guiding light behind Dabur’s social development initiatives. Dabur has been involved with community development work since 1994, endeavouring to bring about an enduring change in the lives of people and to create the right environment for driving the local economy. Through our Sanitation initiatives, Dabur has, over the past three years, helped construct nearly 3,000 household toilets and made 27 villages Open Defecation Free.
- My Access, My Education, My Right - 27 April, 2019
- Endress+Hauser India eyes growth in domestic sales - 19 April, 2019
- Endress+Hauser India appoints a CEO - 8 March, 2019
- Interview of Mrs. Yankila Sherpa, Ex. Tourism Minister. GOVT OF NEPAL by Mr. Arun K Singh during SMDT - 18 February, 2019
- Dabur bags SFE Herbal Industry Leader Award 2019 - 18 February, 2019
- Interview with Honourable Ravindra Adhikari, Minister of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation, GoN, Nepal - 8 February, 2019
- Interview with Honourable Maya Bhatta, Minister of Industry, Tourism, Forest and Environment, Nepal - 8 February, 2019
- Reaction to the Interim union budget by Kailash Desai-COO, Endress+Hauser - 8 February, 2019
- Water crisis in India, it’s time to act in 2019 - 11 January, 2019
- Fisheye addresses women in advertising with a video on #MeToo - 14 December, 2018