Strengthening its community development initiatives in Assam, the country’s Science-based Ayurveda major Dabur India Ltd today announced a mega health awareness campaign that seeks to educate school-going children in Tezpur about best Oral and Personal Hygiene practices. The first of its awareness camp was organized at the Dhekidol Lower Primary School, which saw participation from 158 students from four schools in the neighbourhood.
The camp, organized by Dabur’s CSR arm Jivanti Welfare & Charitable Trust, sought to improve the oral health of school kids and create awareness about Ayurveda and Ayurvedic remedies for dental and oral care. School kids from Dhekidol Lower Primary School, Binapani Lower Primary School, Sesa Panbari Lower Primary School and Chapaguri Lower Primary School participated in the camp.
As part of this programme, the children were also educated about the good personal hygiene practices like regular and proper bathing, trimming of nails, washing hands with soap, besides maintaining cleanliness within their household and school.
Speaking on the occasion, Dabur India Ltd Head-CSR Mr. A. Sudhakar said: “Dabur is committed to its motto of being dedicated to the health & well-being of every household. Oral hygiene is an important part of being fit & healthy. As we take care of our body and eating habits, it’s also equally important to look after our basic oral and dental hygiene. However, brushing your teeth is generally seen as a mundane and routine activity. So, there’s a need to educate students about oral care and its impact on overall well-being. With this initiative, Dabur has taken the onus of promoting oral hygiene among school kids in Tezpur. This is just the first of several such CSR initiatives that Dabur has planned for the region.”
About Dabur’s CSR initiatives:
“What is that life worth which cannot bring comfort to others.” These inspiring words from Dabur India Ltd Founder Dr. S. K. Burman have been the guiding light behind Dabur’s social development initiatives. Dabur has been involved with community development work since 1994, seeking to bring about an enduring change in the lives of people and to create the right environment for driving the local economy. Our Oral Hygiene initiatives alone have covered nearly 40 lakh kids across India in the past one year.
About Dabur India:
Dabur India Limited is one of the leading FMCG companies in India. Building on a legacy of quality and experience for over 134 years, Dabur is today India’s most trusted name and the world’s largest Ayurvedic and Natural Health Care Company. Dabur India’s FMCG portfolio includes five flagship brands with distinct brand identities — Dabur as the master brand for natural healthcare products, Vatika for premium personal care, Hajmola for digestives, Réal for fruit-based drinks and Fem for fairness bleaches & skin care.
- Interview of Mrs. Yankila Sherpa, Ex. Tourism Minister. GOVT OF NEPAL by Mr. Arun K Singh during SMDT - 18 February, 2019
- Dabur bags SFE Herbal Industry Leader Award 2019 - 18 February, 2019
- Interview with Honourable Ravindra Adhikari, Minister of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation, GoN, Nepal - 8 February, 2019
- Interview with Honourable Maya Bhatta, Minister of Industry, Tourism, Forest and Environment, Nepal - 8 February, 2019
- Reaction to the Interim union budget by Kailash Desai-COO, Endress+Hauser - 8 February, 2019
- Water crisis in India, it’s time to act in 2019 - 11 January, 2019
- Fisheye addresses women in advertising with a video on #MeToo - 14 December, 2018
- Gurugram potential as realty investment rises with SPR - 14 December, 2018
- Alpesh Kotadia, city based industrialist is all set to change the concept of affordable homes into desirable homes in budget - 14 December, 2018
- Indoor Air Quality in Hospitals - 4 December, 2018