Moving forward on its commitment to improve the lives of local communities in Assam, India’s largest Science-based Ayurveda specialist Dabur India Ltd today announced the expansion of its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) drive in the state with the adoption of two new government schools in Tezpur – Jyoti Soworani Lower Primary School and Binapani Lower Primary School. Dabur has pledged to improve the overall infrastructure in these two schools this year.
As a first step, the Company distributed new sets of Desk-Benches and Teacher Tables in the two schools as part of its School Support Programme to improve the learning experience for students in these schools. At a special event organized at these schools, Dabur donated 18 sets of Desk-Benches to Jyoti Soworani Lower Primary School, Nikamul, Tezpur and 30 sets of Desk-Benches and 3 sets of Teacher Tables to Binapani Lower Primary School, Hasara Nepali Basti.
A special programme was also organized on the occasion to raise awareness amongst the school-going kids about the importance of Environment Sustainability through a mass plantation drive. The development work in both the schools are being carried out through Dabur’s CSR arm Jivanti Welfare & Charitable Trust.
Speaking on the occasion, Dabur India Ltd Vice President-HR & IR Mr. Partho Ganguly said: “At Dabur, community development is not merely a buzzword at Dabur. It’s ingrained in our DNA. Promotion of education is a key pillar of the CSR strategy as we believe that education is both the means to a better life and a key to ensure overall development of the society. In a bid to improve enrollment levels and reduce the dropout rates in rural and semi-urban schools, Dabur has taken up the responsibility of improving the infrastructure in schools and improving the learning experience for children in Tezpur.”
Going forward, Dabur plans to undertake complete revamp of the school infrastructure, which includes revamping the classrooms and improving the sanitation facilities in these schools. Prior to this, Dabur had undertaken a major revamp of Dhekidol LP School, which included upgrading the classrooms and building, revamping the sanitation infrastructure for students besides construction of a concrete boundary wall. Besides, Dabur has also adopted Chapaguri Government Junior Basic School.
The School Support initiative is a result of detailed discussions with the school authorities and has been developed keeping their specific needs in mind. “After detailed discussions with the school administration and local community members to identify the need gaps in each school, we have commenced our development activities. Our intention is to develop and turn them into Model Schools for the region,” Dabur India Ltd CSR Head Mr. A. Sudhakar said.
About Dabur’s CSR initiatives:
“What is that life worth which cannot bring comfort to others.” These inspiring words from Dabur India Ltd Founder Dr. S. K. Burman have been the guiding light behind Dabur’s social development initiatives. Dabur has been involved with community development work since 1994, endeavouring to bring about an enduring change in the lives of people and to create the right environment for driving the local economy. Through our Sanitation initiatives, Dabur has, over the past three years, helped construct nearly 3,000 household toilets and made 27 villages Open Defecation Free.
- Interview of Mrs. Yankila Sherpa, Ex. Tourism Minister. GOVT OF NEPAL by Mr. Arun K Singh during SMDT - 18 February, 2019
- Dabur bags SFE Herbal Industry Leader Award 2019 - 18 February, 2019
- Interview with Honourable Ravindra Adhikari, Minister of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation, GoN, Nepal - 8 February, 2019
- Interview with Honourable Maya Bhatta, Minister of Industry, Tourism, Forest and Environment, Nepal - 8 February, 2019
- Reaction to the Interim union budget by Kailash Desai-COO, Endress+Hauser - 8 February, 2019
- Water crisis in India, it’s time to act in 2019 - 11 January, 2019
- Fisheye addresses women in advertising with a video on #MeToo - 14 December, 2018
- Gurugram potential as realty investment rises with SPR - 14 December, 2018
- Alpesh Kotadia, city based industrialist is all set to change the concept of affordable homes into desirable homes in budget - 14 December, 2018
- Indoor Air Quality in Hospitals - 4 December, 2018