India’s leading Science-based Ayurveda expert Dabur India Ltd today expanded its Community Development agenda in Assam with the launch of a WaSH (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene) awareness initiative targeting school-going kids in Tezpur. As part of the initiative, a special awareness camp was organized at two government primary schools in Tezpur – Dhekidol Lower Primary School and Sesa Panbari Lower Primary School – to raise awareness about clean drinking water, proper Sanitation and Hygiene in households and Schools.
Special training sessions were organized at both the schools for parents of children studying in these schools, school teachers and School Management Committee (SMC) members with the objective of bringing about a behavioural change and promoting hygiene. The awareness programme was organized by Dabur India Ltd Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) arm Jivanti Welfare & Charitable Trust.
“At Dabur, we believe that access to safe and hygienic sanitation is a basic human right, and dissemination of knowledge about best hygiene and sanitation practices is equally important, particularly among schoolgoing children. We have already taken the first steps in this direction by refurbishing the Government Primary School Dhekidol, which includes creating hygienic sanitation and toilet facilities for children. Taking this further, we are now organising community workshops on health and hygiene. Through these workshops, we are educating the key caregivers and parents about healthy practices that will go a long way improving the health of our future generations,” Dabur India Ltd Head-CSR Mr. A. Sudhakar said.
Going forward, Dabur will scale up its handwashing and sanitation behaviour change programmes to reach more people with life-saving messages and work towards reducing child mortality. “Since sanitation and hygiene practices are linked to preserving and promoting safe water, our approach addresses these issues holistically for a greater, more sustainable impact. We also educate kids about proper hygiene and need for washing hands with soap. Dustbins will also be distributed in rural schools and kids educated against throwing garbage in the open. We will also support schools in constructing hand-washing stations and separate toilet blocks for girls and boys. All solutions are locally-driven to ensure that the programme fits in the context of each community,” Mr. Sudhakar added.
About Dabur’s CSR initiatives:
“What is that life worth which cannot bring comfort to others.” These inspiring words from Dabur India Ltd Founder Dr. S. K. Burman have been the guiding light behind Dabur’s social development initiatives. Dabur has been involved with community development work since 1994, endeavouring to bring about an enduring change in the lives of people and to create the right environment for driving the local economy. Through our Sanitation initiatives, Dabur has, over the past three years, helped construct nearly 3,000 household toilets and made 27 villages Open Defecation Free.
- Fisheye addresses women in advertising with a video on #MeToo - 14 December, 2018
- Gurugram potential as realty investment rises with SPR - 14 December, 2018
- Alpesh Kotadia, city based industrialist is all set to change the concept of affordable homes into desirable homes in budget - 14 December, 2018
- Indoor Air Quality in Hospitals - 4 December, 2018
- Pratibha Syntex bags three awards including ‘Dare to Dream’ and ‘Innovation Award’ - 30 November, 2018
- Trends in HR to lookout for in 2019 - 30 November, 2018
- An Initiative of Solidarity: Deepalaya Steps In to Rebuild Two Government Schools in One of the Worst Flood-Hit Areas of Kerala - 1 October, 2018
- Modernising Pharma Manufacturing with co-innovation - 1 October, 2018
- Dabur Extends CSR Programme to Jammu; Adopts & Revamps Govt School - 25 September, 2018
- Co working space in Indore - 25 September, 2018