Dehradun : With the occasion of International Women’s Day just around the corner, Pacific Mall located at Rajpur Road in collaboration with Himalayan Buzz has organized Dehradun’s Photography Festival spread across a period of 5 days. The theme of the festival is ‘Professional Photography’ & ‘Women through Lens’, which will examine how the women are seen and captured from multiple viewpoints. The theme celebrates photography’s role in challenging the way we see and understand both our city and the world, not only through questioning collective notions of geography and history of Dehradun but also to how women are seen among the others. The inaugural event showcased wide range of photography across all genres from portrait and landscape to street photography by the emerging and thorough professional photographers from across India. The festival will conclude on 8th March, where the winners from all categories will be rewarded with fully sponsored trips to Goa, Ooty and Munnar by Holiday Xpress.
The chief guests on the occasion were Jyotsana Sharma, daughter of Dehradun’s Ex Chief Minister Nityanand Swami and Vinayak Sharma Swami, his grandson. Also, well known photographers such as, Bhumesh Bharti, Sudarshan Juyal, Mansi Thapliyal and Amit Khera were present at the event to motivate the participants and also will be present throughout the event to judge the best photography.
“Such an event is another step towards celebrating the womanhood. The whole idea is to look into the theme through a photographer’s perspective. Also the competition will allow many young aspiring photographers to explore themselves and most importantly express themselves through this opportunity.”
- Evergen and Airlabs announce World’s first Clean Air Zone “AirHavn”– to demonstrate an innovative new technology to clean air pollution in Delhi - 14 June, 2018
- World Environment Day Celebration with Rays-Ek Asha Ki Kiran (NGO) - 7 June, 2018
- Certificates distributed to successful trainees of PMKVY- RPL in Agriculture by Shri Rajiv Pratap Rudy at Chhapra, Bihar - 1 June, 2018
- Brand Reputation via Digital-Taking your Brand in other Level - 2 May, 2018
- MOVING FROM WATER SCARCE TO WATER SMART INDIA : Sajiv Nath, MD, Yokogawa India Ltd - 2 May, 2018
- एक अच्छी पहल - 25 April, 2018
- Emaar India Celebrated World Earth Day - 23 April, 2018
- ONGC To Support “SFID” For Inclusive Education Project “Ham Saath Saath” - 17 April, 2018
- Dabur expands CSR coverage in Tezpur - 7 April, 2018
- FY 2018 – 19 BEGINS ON A NEUTRAL STANCE - 7 April, 2018