Dehradun : With the occasion of International Women’s Day just around the corner, Pacific Mall located at Rajpur Road in collaboration with Himalayan Buzz has organized Dehradun’s Photography Festival spread across a period of 5 days. The theme of the festival is ‘Professional Photography’ & ‘Women through Lens’, which will examine how the women are seen and captured from multiple viewpoints. The theme celebrates photography’s role in challenging the way we see and understand both our city and the world, not only through questioning collective notions of geography and history of Dehradun but also to how women are seen among the others. The inaugural event showcased wide range of photography across all genres from portrait and landscape to street photography by the emerging and thorough professional photographers from across India. The festival will conclude on 8th March, where the winners from all categories will be rewarded with fully sponsored trips to Goa, Ooty and Munnar by Holiday Xpress.
The chief guests on the occasion were Jyotsana Sharma, daughter of Dehradun’s Ex Chief Minister Nityanand Swami and Vinayak Sharma Swami, his grandson. Also, well known photographers such as, Bhumesh Bharti, Sudarshan Juyal, Mansi Thapliyal and Amit Khera were present at the event to motivate the participants and also will be present throughout the event to judge the best photography.
“Such an event is another step towards celebrating the womanhood. The whole idea is to look into the theme through a photographer’s perspective. Also the competition will allow many young aspiring photographers to explore themselves and most importantly express themselves through this opportunity.”
- Principal completes acquisition of Principal Pnb Asset Management Company in India - 1 September, 2018
- आपका छोटा सा योगदान किसी का जीवन पुनर्स्थापित कर सकेगा - 31 August, 2018
- Ambuja Cement Takes Lead to Stabilise Lives of Flood-Affected People in Kerala - 29 August, 2018
- Dabur adopts, renovates Sessa Panbari Primary School in Tezpur - 29 August, 2018
- VEGREX COMMUNICATIONS EXTENDS ITS SUPPORT TOWARDS KERALA FLOOD VICTIMS - 23 August, 2018
- Indo-American Chamber of Commerce Hosts Annual Conference on Achieving SDGs by Leveraging CSR Programs - 22 August, 2018
- Win over Cancer – An untold story by CA Arun Gupta - 14 August, 2018
- महिलाओं के प्रभाव में है नया मीडिया - 10 August, 2018
- VEGREX CONDUCTS ITS MAIDEN CSR ACTIVITY AT UDAY FOUNDATION - 30 July, 2018
- Dabur builds Oral & Personal Hygiene Awareness among kids in Assam - 25 July, 2018