Chennai is today battling one of the worst calamities in the last 100 years and stands devastated by floods of a kind unprecedented in the recent history of the state. The havoc created with lakhs having to abandon their homes and stranded without basic amenities like food and water and many still struggling to locate their families will take long time to heal. Chennai is inundated with this century’s maximum rains and the same is true for many other parts of Tamil Nadu. The roads are cut off and forces are there for rescue efforts. Millions have lost their livelihood, belongings, homes and over 300 deaths have been reported. Corporate and students of Gurgaon have joined hands with NGO Goonj to forward their help towards the Chennai flood affected victims. The DLF Foundation and The NorthCap University stepped forward to help the flood affected victims.
Standing by its social commitment, the DLF Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the DLF group has sent 10 tones of non perishable edible items to the Chennai victims through NGO Goonj.
Speaking on the occasion Ritesh Sinha, Director, DLF Foundation, said :
“DLF Foundation has been in the forefront for providing assistance to disaster victims. In this unfortunate event that has struck Chennai, DLF Foundation is extending support towards immediate relief and subsequently facilitating rehabilitation of the disaster stricken.”
Students of The NorthCap University took the initiative and organized a collection drive to collect donation for the flood victims. The drive was also promoted in the adjoining areas of the University. More than 4000 people including the students, staff and residents of the neighbouring areas, came forward to contribute for this noble cause and donated clothes and other non perishable items.
Col Bikram Mohanty (Retd), Registrar, The NorthCap University said,
“The Northcap University has consistently been contributing for the welfare of society. As in the past, we have run campaigns on cleanliness, waste management, clothes distribution, blood donation etc. We extend our contribution for the help of flood victims through this clothes donation drive. The University stands with them in this hard time.”
- COVID-19 ACADEMY LAUNCHED IN UTTARAKHAND - 6 January, 2021
- Rickshaw mein Suraksha” Mega campaign launched to safeguard Autorickshaw travel from COVID19 by Health Minister Satyendra Jain in New Delhi - 19 December, 2020
- Corteva partners with governments and local communities to ensure health and safety of farmers during the pandemic - 28 September, 2020
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Limited ESG report - 28 September, 2020
- Soul Of Braj Federation Organised, POSHAN MAAH Program in Braj Villages - 22 September, 2020
- CSR initiatives during Covid-19 is bringing Companies closer in Thailand - 17 September, 2020
- The Responsible Business Era! Presented by IICSR Group - 8 September, 2020
- CSR, SDGs & Purposeful Play- Another Webinar – Dr Anil Jaggi - 3 September, 2020
- Vodafone India Foundation, CGI and NASSCOM Foundation Launch DigiSakshar.org – An online Digital Skills Development Platform - 20 August, 2020
- A Virtual Dialogue: Addressing the Crisis through Solidarity & Partnership - 18 July, 2020