Assistant Deputy Commissioner, Gurgaon, Vinay Pratap Singh inaugurated a Water Purification Unit at Gugana Village. DLF Foundation has installed this Water Purification Unit in the village with a total of 2000 population. The machine is a 250 lph plant with storage of about 3000 litres. The Water Purification Unit will provide water at 30 paise per litre and it also has a facility of home delivery of water at 50 paisa per litre.
Speaking on the occasion Shri. Vinay Pratap Singh, Additional Deputy Commissioner, Gurgaon said “The Water Purification Unit is a gift that would change the life of villagers for good. This is going to benefit the health of villagers; I thank DLF Foundation for taking this initiative.”
The Water Purification Unit is a decentralized water treatment plant that extracts the ground water which then is purified through reverse osmosis system and provided to people. This was of utmost requirement as the TDS level of groundwater in the village is 2200, which is way beyond.
Usha Chauhan, Sarpanch, Gugana Village, said “I am really impressed with the fast paced approach of DLF, they have installed this plant at the earliest. Earlier it was difficult to get water, forget about clean water to drink. Now after the installation of this Water Purification Unit things will change. We will be able to have clean water at any time for my family”.
Zila parshad and representatives of DLF were present at the inauguration. The Water Purification Unit unit has been launched under the flagship initiative of DLF Foundation ‘Village Cluster Development’.
- Corteva partners with governments and local communities to ensure health and safety of farmers during the pandemic - 28 September, 2020
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Limited ESG report - 28 September, 2020
- Soul Of Braj Federation Organised, POSHAN MAAH Program in Braj Villages - 22 September, 2020
- CSR initiatives during Covid-19 is bringing Companies closer in Thailand - 17 September, 2020
- The Responsible Business Era! Presented by IICSR Group - 8 September, 2020
- CSR, SDGs & Purposeful Play- Another Webinar – Dr Anil Jaggi - 3 September, 2020
- Vodafone India Foundation, CGI and NASSCOM Foundation Launch DigiSakshar.org – An online Digital Skills Development Platform - 20 August, 2020
- A Virtual Dialogue: Addressing the Crisis through Solidarity & Partnership - 18 July, 2020
- Relaxo Foundation Salutes the Unsung Warriors - 13 July, 2020
- Successful execution of online course: Introduction to CSR and Sustainability. - 6 July, 2020