DLF Foundation has partnered with the Directorate of NVBDCP, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, and Synergie to make Gurugram free of Vector Borne Diseases such as Dengue, Chikunguniya and Malaria. The initiative will be driven through a Task Force comprising of corporates, hospitals, RWAs, industry associations and the government. This is part of DLF’s Gurgaon rejuvenation plan under which the company intends to work at the grass root level and achieve the goal of Vector Borne Disease free Gurgaon.
DLF Foundation has already formed a National Core Group for Control of Vector Borne Diseases aiming to effectively involve a large number of companies in addressing the issue of vector borne diseases through CSR and workplace interventions across the country.
The National Core Group is chaired by Dr. AC Dhariwal, Director, NVBDCP, and has representation from Municipal Corporations, Directorate of Health Services, companies including Dalmia Bharat Group, Aditya Birla Group, Jubilant Life Sciences, Ambuja Cement Foundation, Sun Pharma, NBCC, NTPC, Microsoft, and industry bodies like Confederation of Indian Industry and the UN Global Compact Network of India.
Welcoming this partnership, Dr. Dhariwal said “the private sector could play an important role in awareness generation and preventive action for control of vector borne diseases. He urged all the stakeholders to identify intervention strategies that are appropriate for their respective areas of operation and offered to provide the necessary technical support to enable them to do so. ”
Speaking at an event organized by NVBDCP on 25th April World Malaria Day, Col. Prakash Tewari, Advisor, CSR and Education, DLF Ltd “Vector borne diseases had been major contributors to increasing levels of morbidity especially during breeding season, something which can be controlled.
“To truly achieve our goal of wellness, it was essential that source of such diseases are targeted and preventive measures are taken. Through this partnership we are taking our efforts forward towards the same with the help of the expertise NVBDCP is bringing on the table”
- COVID-19 ACADEMY LAUNCHED IN UTTARAKHAND - 6 January, 2021
- Rickshaw mein Suraksha” Mega campaign launched to safeguard Autorickshaw travel from COVID19 by Health Minister Satyendra Jain in New Delhi - 19 December, 2020
- Corteva partners with governments and local communities to ensure health and safety of farmers during the pandemic - 28 September, 2020
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Limited ESG report - 28 September, 2020
- Soul Of Braj Federation Organised, POSHAN MAAH Program in Braj Villages - 22 September, 2020
- CSR initiatives during Covid-19 is bringing Companies closer in Thailand - 17 September, 2020
- The Responsible Business Era! Presented by IICSR Group - 8 September, 2020
- CSR, SDGs & Purposeful Play- Another Webinar – Dr Anil Jaggi - 3 September, 2020
- Vodafone India Foundation, CGI and NASSCOM Foundation Launch DigiSakshar.org – An online Digital Skills Development Platform - 20 August, 2020
- A Virtual Dialogue: Addressing the Crisis through Solidarity & Partnership - 18 July, 2020