Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Global Hospitals, a multi super specialty tertiary care hospital with facility spread across Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore and Mumbai, has collaborated with Sorento Healthcare for ‘iamHER2’ campaign to create awareness on Metastatic Breast Cancer.
‘iamHER2’ campaign, a first of its kind program in the country, aims to extend support to women suffering from advanced breast cancer – known as HER2. This initiative will serve as a platform and a connection hub between survivors, caregivers and potential patients who have been diagnosed with HER2 positive breast cancer. This unique co-created model is an ecosystem of resources of resources to facilitate expert opinion, affordable testing, counselling, chat with other survivors, and treatment along with all the other ancillary services required like counselling, nutrition, psychological support etc.”
Dr. Jagprag Singh Gujral, COO, Global Hospitals, said, “We are glad to collaborate with Sorento Healthcare to extend our support to patients suffering from Metastatic Breast Cancer through the campaign – ‘iamHER2’. Metastatic Breast Cancer is a dangerous and deadly disease that is killing many young women across the country. It is saddening that even with the advancement in healthcare technology and despite having advanced drugs which have promised long-term survival, many lives are lost due to lack of awareness about the disease. By teaming with Sorento, it will be our endeavor at Global Hospitals to save lives by creating awareness and more importantly helping those suffering from Metastatic Breast Cancer access affordable testing and treatment.”
Dr. Rasika Bhat, Senior Manager-Scientific Communication Services, said, “Breast cancer is one of the most common cancers affecting women, but not every woman with breast cancer is diagnosed with the same type of breast cancer. One such type is HER2-positive breast cancer, in which the breast cancer cells have more HER2 receptors (a particular protein found on the surface of cells) than normal breast cells. About 1 of every 5 breast cancers is detected to be HER2-positive breast cancer. iamHER2 initiative is a completely unbiased support service which will help HER2 positive breast cancer patients and their caregivers to get encouraged in opting for the right treatment for their condition.”
The campaign has also launched its first film – CROSSROADS, a story of HER2 breast cancer survivor who was supported throughout by ‘iamHER2’. The link to the film – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDmkZ8G2ySQ&feature=youtu.be
About Global Hospitals
Global Hospitals Group, India’s most renowned healthcare services provider offering better care, cutting-edge research and advanced education to caregivers, is one of the country’s fast growing chains of Multi Super Specialty Tertiary Care Hospitals offering healthcare services of international standards. A 2000-bed Multi Super Specialty Tertiary Care facility spread across Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore and Mumbai, Global Hospitals is a pioneer in multi-organ transplants including kidneys, liver, heart and lung.
For more information, visit: http://www.globalhospitalsindia.com/
About Sorento Healthcare
Sorento is the only healthcare agency from India to win a Cannes. And also the most-awarded one, having won 20 international awards in just last two years. Sorento constantly strives to set a global benchmark in healthcare communications, with clutter-breaking strategies and out-of-the-box creative work. A full-service agency, it employs over 80 people across multiple disciplines, each of whom brings a unique skill to the table. It has been handling an enviable portfolio of brands in the health and wellness domain, since its inception a decade ago.
- Ambuja Cement’s Skill Development Initiative Collaborates With DDU-GKY - 23 July, 2018
- United Way Mumbai and Coca-Cola India Join Hands to Organize Beach Clean-up Drives Under ‘Clean Shores Mumbai’ Initiative - 27 June, 2018
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation hosts panel discussion on ‘Making Markets work for the Poor’ - 21 June, 2018
- Dosti Realty Spreads Awareness Through Their Tree Plantation Drive at Dosti West County - 7 June, 2018
- Siddha Group Launches World Environment Day Initiative in Association With Kolkata Municipal Corporation - 7 June, 2018
- Tata Starbucks Reinforces Its Commitment to Sustainability - 5 June, 2018
- GEF Capital Partners to Be the Catalyst for ESDS’ Growth Ambitions - 5 June, 2018
- USISPF Launches CEO Water Alliance - 5 June, 2018
- Social Entrepreneurs Amar and Payal Tulsiyan, Co-Founders of Menstrual Hygiene Awareness Initiative the Niine Movement, Receive Partners in Health Award at FOGSI International Women’s Health Summit - 4 June, 2018
- Sanjib Datta Takes Over as Managing Director of Mahanagar Gas Limited - 4 June, 2018