Golf Industry Association conferred an award for ‘Recognition for the Regional initiative for Golf promotion’ on DLF Foundation, a philanthropic arm of DLF Ltd, for its initiative titled ‘DLF Golf Excellence Program.’ The award was presented at the seventh edition of the India Golf Expo 2018- South Asia’s largest exposition for Golf, organized by the Golf Industry Association supported by the Indian Golf Union at Bangalore. PK Joseph, Program Director – DLF Foundation received the award on behalf of DLF Foundation.
The objective of DLF Golf Excellence Program, a recent initiative of DLF Foundation, is to enable budding golfers realize their full potential and bring laurels to the country at national and international level. Under the program, it has selected 10 junior boys and girls in the age group of 12-18 years, who will be given training in golf, fitness, nutrition and tournament play, to help them prepare and excel at the highest level, and bring titles and honors to the country
A highly acclaimed teaching faculty conducts training throughout the year for the program. In addition to the teaching staff at the Academy, Jonathan Mannie (Austria), who has been the national coach to several countries and the Director of Education of PGAs of Europe, aids in structuring the program and conducting periodic assessments. The program is being conducted under the existing teaching faculty of the DLF Golf Academy, Head Professional Anitya Chand and Senior Instructor Akhil Nayar. The golfers also have facilities of a fitness professional and nutrition specialist.
Speaking on the occasion, Dr. Vinay Sahni, CEO, DLF Foundation said: “It is an honor to receive the award. Golf Excellence Programme is a comprehensive initiative that aims to establish a nursery of Golf Champions in the making. The programme provides support to budding golfers on all facets of the game that enables them to realize their full potential.”
The program will further extend its reach to other cities when the next selection process will be conducted in April 2018, when it will look to increase its strength to 18 students.
India Golf Expo is an annual event that witnesses the convergence of India’s golfing fraternity of India and experts from around the world with the intent to share knowledge, experiences and chart the future roadmap for the golf in the country. The Expo aims to bring focus on the rapidly- growing potential of the Indian golf industry and creating more opportunities for the growth of the sport in the country. The event also featured an exhibition by leading global brands in the field of Golf as well as a two- day conference attended by renowned speakers from Golf, Tourism and real estate industries from around the world. It is an initiative of Golf Industry Association, a non- profit body working to further the cause of golf in the country primarily through research.
- CSR Portal “Sahyog” launched by Uttarakhand Govt. - 17 January, 2020
- How to attain positive youth development through sports. New research findings of Dr. Paul Perkins & Prof. Allan Hahn - 14 January, 2020
- International Responsible Investor Network Conference in Mumbai - 13 January, 2020
- International Conference on Peace, Environment & Tourism in Nepal - 8 January, 2020
- Dabur Adopts, Revamps 4 Govt Schools in Rajasthan - 28 December, 2019
- Adani Enterprises Limited-Mining bags top honour at the 18th Annual Greentech Safety Award 2019 - 14 December, 2019
- Impact Talk 2020 On Plastic Waste, A Threat Or An Opportunity - 5 December, 2019
- Niti Aayog asks India Inc to assess CSR impact - 22 November, 2019
- First UAE Conscious Consumer study highlights need for urgent action - 21 November, 2019
- The Integrated Sustainability Management System Workshop, Nigeria - 20 November, 2019