New Delhi, Delhi, India
Hyundai Motor India Ltd. the country’s second largest car manufacturer and the largest passenger car exporter today launched global CSR campaign- Happy Move in India. Hyundai Motor India in association with Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) will spread awareness on the Indian heritage monuments.
Hyundai Motor Group’s CSR is centred on 4 main pillars –“Safe Move, Happy Move, Green Move and Easy Move”. Happy Move is an integral part of Hyundai’s efforts to create a safe and happy world. The theme of Happy Move program this year is “Save Our Heritage” and in this program Hyundai will conduct awareness drive (Jan11- 21, 2016) with 100 Happy Move Global Youth Volunteers (80 from Korea and 20 from India) at the heritage sites of Safdarjang Tomb, Firozshah Kotla, Qutub Minar and Old Fort. At these heritage sites, the volunteers will undertake activities to upkeep the amenities, maintenance of gardens and will conduct awareness activities to educate the visitors on the value of heritage.
Further to spread the message amongst children, volunteers will also conduct school contact programme at Sarvodaya schools at Chanakya Puri, Daryaganj, Mehrauli and INA colony. As part of the initiative volunteers will undertake school premises cleaning, school wall designing, maintenance of gardens and design competitions for a positive and conducive study environment.
On the occasion of the launch, Mr Y.K Koo, Managing Director, Hyundai Motor India Ltd. said, “Hyundai is a responsible car manufacturer and India’s most loved and trusted car brand, it is our responsibility to appraise the importance of heritage in our lives. We believe art is a common asset and a universal language that can influence and inspire people of all ages and backgrounds. Happy Move is our global program and is an effort to create a sustainable environment with the purpose of delivering inspiration and unique experiences to all the areas of the world. We have associated with the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) for creating awareness for the Indian Heritage Monuments.”
Archaeological Survey of India official said, “Happy Move initiative is a welcome step from Hyundai Motor India Ltd., towards preserving the heritage monuments. There is an immediate need to create awareness among people and sensitise them to understand the value of heritage in our lives.”
The Happy Move Global Youth Volunteers are selected by Hyundai Motor Company with a view to create a global community around the principals of sharing. Currently in its 16th edition, the volunteer program has sent over 3,000 volunteers to India till date who have been instrumental in creating a meaningful difference to lives of people in over 65 villages around Chennai. The Happy Move Global Youth Volunteers have helped create sanitation facilities for over 500 families, provided school infrastructure that has helped 180 schools and over 90,000 students.
Hyundai Motor India Limited (HMIL) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company (HMC). HMIL is the largest passenger car exporter and the second largest car manufacturer in India. It currently has ten car models across segments – Eon, i10, Grand i10, Elite i20, Active i20, Xcent, Verna, CRETA, Elantra and Santa Fe. HMIL’s fully integrated state-of-the-art manufacturing plant near Chennai boasts advanced production, quality and testing capabilities.
HMIL forms a critical part of HMC’s global export hub. It currently exports to over 90 countries across Africa, Middle East, Latin America, Australia and the Asia Pacific. HMIL has been India’s number one exporter for the last 10 years consecutively. To support its growth and expansion plans, HMIL currently has 445 dealers and more than 1,100 service points across India. In its commitment to provide customers with cutting-edge global technology, Hyundai has a modern multi-million dollar R&D facility in Hyderabad. The R&D center endeavors to be a center of excellence in automobile engineering.
- Ambuja Cement’s Skill Development Initiative Collaborates With DDU-GKY - 23 July, 2018
- United Way Mumbai and Coca-Cola India Join Hands to Organize Beach Clean-up Drives Under ‘Clean Shores Mumbai’ Initiative - 27 June, 2018
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation hosts panel discussion on ‘Making Markets work for the Poor’ - 21 June, 2018
- Dosti Realty Spreads Awareness Through Their Tree Plantation Drive at Dosti West County - 7 June, 2018
- Siddha Group Launches World Environment Day Initiative in Association With Kolkata Municipal Corporation - 7 June, 2018
- Tata Starbucks Reinforces Its Commitment to Sustainability - 5 June, 2018
- GEF Capital Partners to Be the Catalyst for ESDS’ Growth Ambitions - 5 June, 2018
- USISPF Launches CEO Water Alliance - 5 June, 2018
- Social Entrepreneurs Amar and Payal Tulsiyan, Co-Founders of Menstrual Hygiene Awareness Initiative the Niine Movement, Receive Partners in Health Award at FOGSI International Women’s Health Summit - 4 June, 2018
- Sanjib Datta Takes Over as Managing Director of Mahanagar Gas Limited - 4 June, 2018