New Delhi, Delhi, India
Some of the leading players in India’s renewable energy sector including global investors, developers and manufacturers came together over two days of business networking and candid discussion in Delhi this April.
Supported by the Independent Power Producers Association of India (IPPAI), and coordinated by one of the world’s leading renewable energy business intelligence providers, Green Power, InREC – India’s Renewable Energy Congress took place in the New Delhi’s Shangri-La Eros Hotel.
Topics of discussion centred on what the Indian renewables sector could learn from other renewable markets around the world. Insight came from financial players Deutsche Bank, HSBC and Morgan Stanley Infrastructure. Whilst developer experience came from GE Energy, Hindustan Power Projects and Fotowatio Renewable Ventures (FRV).
The event has attracted Gold Partnership support from global manufacturer Huawei, as well as one of the country’s leading law firms, Luthra&Luthra, who are the Legal Partner for InREC, helping to provide local insights and expertise to attract key industry players.
With a variety of networking activities including a VIP Dinner hosted by the organisers; attendees connected with new partners and current ones, all with the aim of growth and business development. Over 24/7 meetings were scheduled through the 1-2-1 partnering platform and networking activities, demonstrating the growth potential of the industry.
Key developers have already confirmed their participation including Sunil Jain, CEO of Hero Future Energies, Ravi Khanna, CEO-Solar Power for Aditya Birla Group and Glen Reccani, Managing Director of Acciona Solar.
“The timing of this event couldn’t be better; India has set targets of 100GW for solar capacity and 70GW of wind capacity, so let us learn for each other, as well as the international community to understand success strategies” comments Shirish M. Navlekar, Director and CFO, Mytrah Energy India Limited.
But can these government targets be met? Looking to InREC in April, Managing Director of Greenstone Energy Advisors, Rahul Goswami, anticipates “open and honest discussion to find out best practices; whether it’s new investment models, innovative technologies or improving project efficiency.”
InREC is the ONLY business led event for active renewable energy professionals in the industry. With over 60 speakers ranging from international investors, local banks, the most active developer and government representatives, InREC is set to be the most exciting, high level congress bringing attendees critical market information needed to inform business strategies.
- Ambuja Cement’s Skill Development Initiative Collaborates With DDU-GKY - 23 July, 2018
- United Way Mumbai and Coca-Cola India Join Hands to Organize Beach Clean-up Drives Under ‘Clean Shores Mumbai’ Initiative - 27 June, 2018
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation hosts panel discussion on ‘Making Markets work for the Poor’ - 21 June, 2018
- Dosti Realty Spreads Awareness Through Their Tree Plantation Drive at Dosti West County - 7 June, 2018
- Siddha Group Launches World Environment Day Initiative in Association With Kolkata Municipal Corporation - 7 June, 2018
- Tata Starbucks Reinforces Its Commitment to Sustainability - 5 June, 2018
- GEF Capital Partners to Be the Catalyst for ESDS’ Growth Ambitions - 5 June, 2018
- USISPF Launches CEO Water Alliance - 5 June, 2018
- Social Entrepreneurs Amar and Payal Tulsiyan, Co-Founders of Menstrual Hygiene Awareness Initiative the Niine Movement, Receive Partners in Health Award at FOGSI International Women’s Health Summit - 4 June, 2018
- Sanjib Datta Takes Over as Managing Director of Mahanagar Gas Limited - 4 June, 2018