New Delhi, Delhi, India
Acknowledging its commitment to ‘Responsible Luxury’, ITC Hotels has been presented with the ‘2017 Greenbuild Leadership Award’ in the Occupants category by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), creators of the LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) green building programme. USBGBC announced winners in 8 categories at the inaugural Greenbuild India Conference and Expo in Mumbai, last week.
Reaffirming ITC’s commitment to the green building movement in India, ITC Hotels began its journey in establishing green buildings with the ITC Green Centre in 2004, acknowledged as the Greenest Building in the World. Today, 12 of ITC’s hotels are certified LEED Platinum and all upcoming ITC luxury hotels reinforce the organization’s commitment to this cause as a demonstration of its endeavors to deliver a best-in-class experience for guests, employees and the community.
A ‘Responsible Luxury’ ethos ensures that ITC’s hotels continue to deliver indigenous luxury experiences with a planet positive footprint. Commenting on the occasion, Nakul Anand, Executive Director, ITC Ltd., said, “This recognition not only endorses our commitment to green building, but also encourages us to continue to demonstrate environmental stewardship in a segment where luxury and sustainable practices are considered incongruent. It strengthens our belief that adopting ‘Responsible Luxury’ as our guiding premise for ITC Hotels was a step in the right direction.”
“The Greenbuild Leadership Award recipients are raising the bar when it comes to creating healthier, more sustainable buildings,” said Mahesh Ramanujam, president and CEO, USGBC and Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI), the organization that certifies all LEED projects globally. “As India continues to drive green growth, these leaders are encouraging the adoption of green practices that improve the health and well-being of our communities and it is an honor to recognize their efforts at Greenbuild India.”
This year’s ‘2017 Greenbuild India Leadership Award’ recipients include ITC Hotels and seven other leading recipients. The Greenbuild Leadership Awards recognize exceptional organizations at the forefront of the green building movement. It acknowledges contributions to India and the green building community that work to enhance environmental performance and improve quality of life.
- Ambuja Cement’s Skill Development Initiative Collaborates With DDU-GKY - 23 July, 2018
- United Way Mumbai and Coca-Cola India Join Hands to Organize Beach Clean-up Drives Under ‘Clean Shores Mumbai’ Initiative - 27 June, 2018
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation hosts panel discussion on ‘Making Markets work for the Poor’ - 21 June, 2018
- Dosti Realty Spreads Awareness Through Their Tree Plantation Drive at Dosti West County - 7 June, 2018
- Siddha Group Launches World Environment Day Initiative in Association With Kolkata Municipal Corporation - 7 June, 2018
- Tata Starbucks Reinforces Its Commitment to Sustainability - 5 June, 2018
- GEF Capital Partners to Be the Catalyst for ESDS’ Growth Ambitions - 5 June, 2018
- USISPF Launches CEO Water Alliance - 5 June, 2018
- Social Entrepreneurs Amar and Payal Tulsiyan, Co-Founders of Menstrual Hygiene Awareness Initiative the Niine Movement, Receive Partners in Health Award at FOGSI International Women’s Health Summit - 4 June, 2018
- Sanjib Datta Takes Over as Managing Director of Mahanagar Gas Limited - 4 June, 2018